Moderator: youngj

Re: Haircut

Postby crisipicada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Curly hair with ponytail.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Attend church on my birthday. My new curly hair.
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:13 pm

My curly hair with ponytail on my birthday, dinner with family.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Crisi, you look beautiful anyway, and you look beautiful with your curly hair! My older brother had naturally curly hair, but he didn't like it! He wanted it straight! My hair was straight in the early part of my life, and then for a number of years it went curly! I used grease and oil for a number of years to keep it in place, but for the last several years I don't put anything on my hair! I wear a hat when the wind is blowing so it will not blow it away!! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby mystic » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:15 am

I don't know why, but I always liked long hair in a woman, which excludes 90% of european women :lol:

I know that it takes more time to take care of long hair, that with hot it is just fearsome and impractical... but it is something that shows femininity and... well, cannot write here everything :D

Since it is becoming very rare in Europe, long hair can be considered a fashion of the past, here. But I like the old way, because it was not artificial. Just simple and pure.

In the same way, I always kept a beard, which can be considered as the counterpart of long hair for man. The beard also became very rare like long hair. When I was younger (not now, anymore), I was often receiving comments like: isn't it itchy? Don't you want to have a clean face? You look like dirty. Don't you mind, when you eat, the food dropping on your beard? You must have a really good culture of bacteria in your beard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was just replying that I don't have this problem of spilling the food on my beard. Maybe they don't keep it because they don't know how to control the food entering their mouth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, indeed I kept the beard for a religious reason, since I read in the Bible that it is the sign of the dignity of man. And I read also that a man without beard has no dignity and that it is not good to show one's face naked. So, without questioning, I took that habit. Also, most women dislike the beard... and so it becomes a good filter to recognize people with poor spirituality or acceptance of the other.

So... one's hair can tell much about a person (but in the East, where all have long hair, maybe it's more complicate :D ).
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 am

Long hair is a woman's glory. My mother wore long hair all her life, until after my Dad died, then she wore her hair short most of the rest of her life. Long hair on a woman is beautiful. I wore a beard twice in my life when I was younger. I enjoyed my beard and I think other people liked it too. Carol liked it, and she was the one who talked me into growing it. Now my beard would be a different color than it was when I was young!

You are correct, mystic, about more women wearing long hair in days gone by, and more men wearing beards. :D :D
Edwin

Postby BigBlastGuy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 am

crisipicada wrote:Attend church on my birthday. My new curly hair.

Picture with your back to camera in redish dress. Beautiful hair. Very nice.
BigBlastGuy

Postby Smiley » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Very nice Crisi.Thank you for posting these pics. Is that your mother with you?
Smiley

Postby crisipicada » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 am

Smiley wrote:Very nice Crisi.Thank you for posting these pics. Is that your mother with you?

Thank you, Smiley. Yes, that is my mother with me and my nephew holding her cane. My mother is a stroke victim so her left side of the body is paralyzed.
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Yes ,you have mentioned before the family trials resulting from her stroke.Many of my uncles have had strokes and a very good friend of mine had a severe stroke fairly recently.I know how difficult even a partial recovery can be.
When I pray,I will think of you and your mother, I promise.
Smiley

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum