What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Thank you, Sir Michael, for that update on not posting profiles of males on jaderune.com. You are right, Sir Michael, about many of the filipinas being match makers! I don't wear a wedding ring as in our early married life I was working constantly around machinery/equipment and I didn't want to lose a finger because a piece of machinery would catch my wedding ring. Even though I have not worked with machinery for some time now I still don't wear a wedding ring, so many people don't know I am married, unless they know me. When I was in the Philippines in year 2010 there were a number times that there was an attempt to get me intested in being matched up with someone. My friend's filipina wife threatened to tell Carol if I showed any interest in any of them. She also at a dinner for her co-workers told me that if I knew of someone one of her co-workers wanted a husband! Then when we got to Dumaguete, she told me if I knew of someone forget about her co-workers and help her niece! Kind of funny, huh? :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby wayne208 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Like Sir Edwin I also worked around a lot of Machinery . I saw a Guy almost loose his finger due to wearing His wedding ring . I went Home that very Night and told My Wife that " I would not wear My Ring At Work " . Yes she was not happy but she understood . But I did wear it on weekends . Now that I am divorced I do not have that Problem . :D I think that women are better at Matchmaking then Guys . I have set a lot of guys up on dates with No Luck .
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 pm

I got up early and walked with the doggies to beat the heat. Ever since I have been doing that except for a couple of days it has been cool, but it is supposed to get hot again, so I will probably be getting up early for our walks until October. Even in September it can still be hot during the day time, even though it can be cold at night.

I played the piano some, and we watched movies while eating both breakfast and lunch. I pulled a few weeds and some grass for the chickens and turkeys, and they always love that! Since I have been walking early the mail comes after I finish my walk, so then either Carol or I walk back down to get it. Today I walked to get the mail while Carol got lunch ready to eat. I have just been resting mostly today as I need blocks to finish my fence partition, which I will bring home Sunday, although I will just put them on the ground to get the weight off the car, and then probably Monday I will finish that fence partition. I have a couple other projects to work on when I finish the fence, but I am not getting in a hurry as there is no pressure to get any of it finished, but I might as well keep working on what needs to be accomplished! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 am

We just got back from Virginia Beach. It is time to read the books that school sent me. Aim to finish the course by August. It was great to see the other side of virginia. Nice to feel the atlantic ocean. Nice to see the air force base and navy..wow. It was great time at water country usa..the kids love it. Nice to see the area where Christopher Columbus landed first in america. but I got bored watching all the green sorroundings ha ha the trees are all sooooooo greeeeeennnn esp on the road...i don't see that much in my country lol.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby wayne208 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Red I do not have the Problem with to much green . I am pretty well colorblind on a lot of colors . Glad You made it back . I thought today was Wednesday so I kinda messes up a little ? But I am trying to make adjustments . I have No idea where I thought I had gained a day ? .
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Wayne, you must have thought that you were in the Philippines, because there it is Wednesday! Red, it is funny, because we go around the world, yet we often miss seeing what is very close to home. I have heard people from the Philippines often say that they would love to visit, such and such a place in the Philippines, when those places are not much further than one of our larger states in the USA away! I lived in Canada the first 4 years after I was out of high school, attending Bible College there. The fifth year Carol and I got married, and we lived just across the border on the USA side, Lynden, Washington, and I drove to North Vancouver, B.C., Canada every day! Carol and I were going to start a church in Alaska, but it didn't work out for us, but in trying to get our support to go, we journeyed to Springfield, MO, the headquarters for the Assemblies of God chuches. Then we drove down into Texas and over to Biloxi, Mississippi to visit Carol's brother and family. Her brother was working on oil rigs out in the ocean at the time. Then I and our youngest daughter went with one of our twin daughters and her husband to Elkhart, Indiana to drive motor homes back, as his father was a car and motor home dealer in Spokane, Washington. I then flew to Chicago, Ill. to help drive my nephew and his filipina wife with all their things back to Washington State! Actually it was my nephew and I with all their things, and she followed coming back later. I then flew to Louisiana to help our son in law and daughter move back to Washington State. But I have never been to the North Eastern states, but Carol has been there twice, once when she was 18 years old, and then just last summer traveling on the train, which was a lot of fun for her. Because of poor connection times, and the fault of the railroad, they put her and our daughter on a bus to catch up with the train. Here's the riddle, the train was traveling 120 miles per hour, and they used a bus to catch up with the train? I think it was because the train made numerous stops. On the return trip home the weather got so hot that they had to slow the train down to 60 miles per hour to keep it from derailing. What happens is that the iron rails expand because of the heat, so they are no longer perfectly straight making it easier for the train to derail! I have been to California twice once when I was 4 years old, and another time when I was 23 years old with Carol on our honey moon! There are lots of states that I have not seen! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Two high lights of our trip to get the motor homes was visiting the Amish communities, seeing their shops, and I got a few cups as souveniors that we still have, and also going down the steep water slides in South Dacota. It was a lot of fun doing that!

Today I walked with the doggies, the 6.5 miles, and I do that everday that I possibly can. I got up pretty early, so I got back fairly early. It was not hot at all today, cloudy and threatening to rain, but it never did. We ate 3 meals, watched some movies, I played the piano, and finished the yard fence partition. Now poor Scooby is separated from the chickens and turkeys, and now what will he do for fun, since he can no longer scrare the turkeys and chickens to death. He likes to see them run, flop, and squauk, so he takes a run at them when they are bunched up in a corner. Scooby will have to find something else with which to amuse himself!

I need to put some dirt underneath some of the blocks to bring them up higher so that the wire fence panels with sit flat on them. I did that with the partition, and now I need to do that where the chickens and turkeys are. Then we will string green roll out fence with smaller spaces around that area, then we can put the little doggie, Ducky, out with them, and he won't get out. He is good to come back, but when he gets out, he just runs all over, which is ok if one of us is with him! Then lastly I will put some dirt under some of the blocks in Scooby's yard, so that his fence panels will sit flat. I also moved Scooby's huge, heavy house closer to our steps, getting ready to dig and entry way down into the cellar. The cellar is complete, but no shelves, and no way to get into it other than to crawl under the house. The roof can be lifted off, but it is so heavy that I don't want to lift it off. When I dig an entry way into the cellar then I will knock out enough blocks to put in a doorway! Shame to knock blocks out after working so hard to lay them, but at that time I didn't have it figured out for sure what I was going to do, although I had an idea, but my son in law was helping me, so I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to disagree with me, and now I will just do it! Some day I will have all my work finished, and then it will be time for me to move to the Philippines! I hope!? :roll: :lol: :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:43 am

We were priviledged to get to attend church this morning. The service was wonderful, but I will have to say that I have a problem with most every worship service I attend in that church. I don't mean to be a critical person, but to my way of thinking the worship service falls short of what it could be. We have a number of very talented pianists in our church, but in almost every service the piano remains covered. One in the church played an accompaniment for Carol to cut a CD of her singing old hymns, which is a very nice piece of music, and many people have been blessed with Carol's professional CD recording. She sold them at first, then she gave them away, and now after 10 years or so she has very few of them left, but they bless people who listen to them. Another in the church teaches piano in our community college, but the piano sits idle while the are overun with guitars and drums. The music is much too loud, and lacks a worship quality that it could have. Also the few older hymns that they sing, they alter the music until they are not readily recognizable. They haven't asked me yet what I think of it all, but I think it leaves a lot to be desired. We enjoy anyway, even though I think they could use the piano, tone it down a bit, have more of a worship atmosphere, and leave the old hymns as they are without doctoring them up until they sound like something else. The preacher had a very good sermon, and I only heard bits and pieces as I was too tired and sleeping half the time. Carol, told me that she sure hopes that I am awake when the Lord comes!!!! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am

In my above post I alluded to the fact that I was sleeping part of the time while the preacher was delivering his sermon. Even so what he had to say was wonderful. I did something not nice to my back within the last few days, and I don't even know what I did, but I noticed pain when I pulled the rope coil starter on the lawn mower. Because of semi damp/wet grass I killed it periodically, and I couldn't give it the good hard pull to start it that I usually do without any pain. My back is not badly out of place, but it was tense enough that I was unable to relaxe to sleep well, and I still had to get up at 5 a.m., to be ready for church. I got up for a while during the middle of the night because I simply was not sleeping, and sometimes it works best for me to get up until I feel tired then lay back down and sleep. Anyway, it was wonderful to be in church. Then we picked up our kids and went to eat. After that we hauled 2 railroad ties and 2 panels of cattle fence panels for her that she is going to use to fence in some pigs. We went back got 2 more railroad ties, and they gave us a bent up cattle wire panel, that will work fine for our daughter, and now she has 3 bent wire cattle fence panels plus 2 that she bought, and 4 railroad ties. She also got a rubber/plastic watering trough about 12 feet or so across in each direction. We put it all on top of our Van, and looked like the Hill Billies! It stared to come off once going down a hill. We secured it a little better, and drove 15 miles per hour the rest of the way home. We got some pizzas for supper, brought some chickens home, 33 concrete blocks home, and it was a very good day! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I hate to admit that I was as tired as I was, but I spent too many hours trying to get a computer to work that was too old, too slow, too short on all kinds of memories, so it would not update SP3, it would not update to ie8, and it seemed everthing I did to it was failure, so I finally gave up and put the other computer back! The compuer I was working on was really a nice looking computer, but I did some googling about it, and someone said they just made a really nice looking case to fool people who lacked education into thinking they were buying a really great computer, when they were actually getting a dead end computer, and the only value into is to completely replace motherboard, and everything inside except the power supply. Oh, well. During the night it started raining, so I thought, "no walking today," but then I woke up fairly early, feeling pretty good, and it wasn't raining, so off we went walking! We watched some movies eating breakfast, then dinner, and now it is the middle of the afternoon. I walk before the mail comes, so we have to make a special walk back down to get the mail. Carol just asked me if I wanted to walk down to get the mail, and I told her I thought I would wait until it stopped raining, but now it is raining really hard, and I would get soaked, so I will watch for an opportunity to walk to get the mail, or if it insists on raining, I can even drive down to get it! This is turning out to be a very nice relaxing day! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum