MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby red » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:33 am

Edwin wrote:Yes, we do like some of the movies that Sandra Bullock stared in. One move we have enjoy watching a number of times is "While You Were Sleeping." It is one of those stories that could happen, but probably didn't, and probably wouldn't. It has some very good humor in it, and if you like Sandra Bullock you would like it. I could describe the movie, but if I did that you would not want to watch it, would you? You would enjoy it, I think. :D :D :D :D

That is my husband's favorite movie too, I enjoy watching her Miss Congeniality movie and the Proposal movie. I'm looking forward to watch her latest movie with Tom Hanks, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, perfect pair for two of them.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Yes, Red, we have enjoyed watching various Tom Hanks' movies. Years ago we used to watch "Splash" with Tom Hanks, John Candy, and last name was Hannah. I think we watched on where he was ship wrecked on a deserted island, and he had to survive on what ever he could get. "Airport" was a pretty interesting move. Tom Hanks was playing a character became stranded in an airport in New York City. He ended up having to live in the airport until they settled things in his country. It was an interesting move, and Tom Hanks did a good job playing a person who knew very little English, and spoke with a heavy accent. Tom Hanks is a good actor. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Anyone here seen Jack n Jill movie by Adam Sandler? I saw the thriller cant wait to see that movie. I love Adam Sandler's movie he's a crazy one. :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 am

Adam Sandler is a pretty talented and funny actor. We enjoy watching movies that he is in. We do have a problem with many movies. If the Lord's name is used in vain in a movie, it is very upsetting to us, as we do not enjoy listening to that, and hearing the Lord's name used in vain makes it so we can't enjoy the movie. We have seen a number of very funny and entertaining movies, that we would have enjoyed had they not had the bad language in them. The worst is when the movie producers have little kids saying those words, and everyone thinks it is so funny, but we don't think it is funny. There are a few wonderfully entertaining movies without the bad language, especially taking the Lord's name in vain, but very few. The devil has his way with the movie producers, and most people even Christians just sit there enjoying and laughing, and the devil has them deceived. In years past I have worked at jobs where that language was used, so it doesn't bother me to the same extent that it does my wife, Carol, who has never been exposed to it, but it is not right. If you are a committed Christian, please determine not to watch movies in which the actors and actresses take the Lord's name in vain. The Bible tells us that God will not hold a person guiltless for taking the Name of the Lord in vain. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

I think one of the most under-rated movies was Cannery Row. It was released in 1982 and promptly pulled to make room for one of the big blocbusters of the day. It starred Nick Nolte and Debra Winger.The movie was based on a couple of John Stienbeck short stories.If you get a chance to see this one it is really worth your while.
Smiley

Postby red » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Recently, I watched movie titled Courageous. Excellent movie for the whole family. Anticipating to watch Fireproof, I heard it is a nice one too. These are the movies I dare say Christian movies. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:58 am

We have so many VHS tapes from past years, and many of them are great movies, but our VCR, one of the kids are Carol, said started eating tapes, so I need to check that out. I don't know whether the tracking is just that far off, or whether by now it is dirty and needs to be cleaned, or if it really is gone bad and needs to be thrown away. We purchased it when we moved away from this valley/county in 1998, so maybe it now has too many years of use on it, I don't know. I have a tape cleaner somewhere, but who knows what a job that might be just to find it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 am

Last time I used VHS was in first year college, wow. Since then I have replaced 3 DVD players already. I love watching those Christian movies lately, very inspiring can make you cry though lots of drama in it plus spiritually uplifting. Lots of good lessons to learn. I remember the Soul Surfer and Faith Like Potatoes, excellent movies. Somebody let me borrow Fireproof dvd just cant find it here. :D
red

Postby Smiley » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I just noticed,Red< your post about the movie 'Wild Hogs'. My brothers wife insisted I watch it. I have spent 30 years in and around motorcycle clubs. We see a lot of these little groups lately.
It was a funny movie , not very believable though. I prefer Jackie Chan.
Has anyone here ever seen 'Cannery Row'?
Smiley

Postby red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm

I mentioned Old Dogs before....I wonder why i typed that was so wrong. I was conversing with someone that time and talking about dogs...... (what was wrong with me then lol)
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum