My Bathroom

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: My Bathroom

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

chickenHouse 168reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 168reduced.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 7056 times

You all have been waiting for more progress on my bathroom, right? Well, I have three more photos of work that our youngest daughter did on my bathroom just today. I helped a little, but she did it, and that was so very nice of her! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 pm

chickenHouse 169reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 169reduced.jpg (47.9 KiB) Viewed 7056 times

These photos are almost identical, but with each one I was trying to get more in the picture, which is very difficult in a room that same size. This bathroom is arranged so nicely that it seems like there is lots of room. It is now brand new, very nice, and very comfortable. It is interesting that everything looks so beautiful, and yet everything in this bathroom, the tub, the toilet, and the sink were give away items that I got from where we used to live and work a few years ago. I have had them stored until now! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 pm

chickenHouse 170reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 170reduced.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 7056 times

The only thing now left to be accomplished is to put up a shower rod! It will be one that makes a corner, down the side and across the end. Then we have just need to put a little cauking in one crack to make sure water does not get behind this protective covering. My bathroom has turned out so nice, thanks to our youngest daughter, April's help! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:44 am

Edwin wrote:
You all have been waiting for more progress on my bathroom, right? Well, I have three more photos of work that our youngest daughter did on my bathroom just today. I helped a little, but she did it, and that was so very nice of her! :D :D

I have been agog in anticipation Edwin, but feel robbed as you have not completed round the window frame :lol: Just joking. Also I think you have been very remiss in that you have still not dusted the mirror :lol:

What is the white covering your daughter used above the bathtub? I have always tiled to get a waterproof finish. Is it some kind of rubberised paint?

She has done a good job Edwin. I hope she is very proud of her efforts. She is a real saint helping out her Dad.

By the way, can she mix concrete, if so please send her over to the UK and she can have a 'busdriver's holiday' at my house :lol:

(Do you have the saying 'Busdriver's holiday' in the USA?)
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:58 am

You are correct, Chas, about that window frame! It has never been completed. Several of my windows are the same, as I haven't put the trim on them. Yes, I have been slow about dusting that mirror! I did dust one spot just a little while ago, so that I coudl see something that I wanted to look at more closely.

That white stuff is a kind of a rubberized plastic. It is very flexible, and the add says it is completely water proof. So it should do the job. We got twice as much as we needed, then we took the extra back after finishing the job because we live so far away from town over rough, dusty, graveled roads, and we have to drive slowly, and watch for rocks to prevent damaging the tires.

Yes, our daughter did a good job with everything she did, and it was very nice of her to help us that way! I am sure she can mix concrete as well. I am not familiar with that term, "busdriver's holiday." We have a lot of expressions, but I haven't heard that one.

I have the curtain rod and shower curtain ordered, so once it comes, we will be able to be able to complete it, and then I can go to taking showers in it for real. Presently I am still taking showers in Carol's bathroom. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:44 am

Edwin wrote:I am not familiar with that term, "busdriver's holiday." We have a lot of expressions, but I haven't heard that one.

I got it slightly wrong Edwin, it should be a 'Busman's holiday'. Here is the definition off the internet:

Informal - a holiday spent doing the same sort of thing as one does at work
[alluding to a bus driver having a driving holiday]
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Thank you, Chas, for the description of a "busman's holiday." If a person did the same thing on vacation as he/she does at work then at least the person is comfortable with that. Interesting. Most people probably would not care to do the same thing on vacation as they did on their job, huh? :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum