Living Costs in the Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Living Costs in the Philippines

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm

[/quote]Can a filipina woman live in a room with expenses at 10,000 - 15,000 a month expenses?[/quote]

Yes, she can live. But it depends also regarding her lifestyle.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm

The net take home pay of a government employee is 3,000 a month. It means that, a government employee in the Philippines allows to incur salary loans, and he must have at most 3,000 a month left for his paycheck. I was living this kind of life many years ago until now. Almost all of the personnel here in our office incurred a lot of salary loans. Somebody says here, well, if we have greater or least paycheck, it will all exhausted, better to apply salary loan, it is just the same.

I am thankful to the Lord for providing my needs. I know that I have had a bad health then, but He is the great provider. I am thankful that He did not leave me nor forsake me. He is the greatest provider.
crisipicada

Postby wayne208 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Crisi .. 3 thousand a Month is that US Dollars ?? I am sure I could Live here in Calif on 3 thou a Month . One of the Main reasons I am Going to Bohol is I have a Friend their . I know You are always safer when You have a Local with You .. I had friends in Mexico but they told Me that their is Much more Crime their Now..So I am going to the Philippines .. My Cousin Married a Nice Lady from The Philippines .. She is From Cebu I Believe ?? But I am not Positive on that .. She Takes My Cousin and His Children with her when she goes to the Philippines .. The Kids love it their and they always tell Me How Nice the People of the Philippines are :D .. I believe they Plan On Retiring in the Philippines .. Have a Great Day All
wayne208

Postby crisipicada » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 pm

wayne208 wrote:Crisi .. 3 thousand a Month is that US Dollars ?? I am sure I could Live here in Calif on 3 thou a Month . One of the Main reasons I am Going to Bohol is I have a Friend their . I know You are always safer when You have a Local with You .. I had friends in Mexico but they told Me that their is Much more Crime their Now..So I am going to the Philippines .. My Cousin Married a Nice Lady from The Philippines .. She is From Cebu I Believe ?? But I am not Positive on that .. She Takes My Cousin and His Children with her when she goes to the Philippines .. The Kids love it their and they always tell Me How Nice the People of the Philippines are :D .. I believe they Plan On Retiring in the Philippines .. Have a Great Day All

three thousand pesos
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Yes, Crisi, God is the great provider. We never have as much as we want, but hopefully we have as much as we need. I think it does cost much more to live in the USA, but also I think it is probably easier to get more money here than it is in the Philippines. I have finished digging my cellar, and now my son-in-law and I are putting up block walls in that cellar. We are also completely plumbing the entire house for water, as before we got this house someone let it all freeze up, and it destoyed all the water system as well as portions of the floor! So I am paying for premix cement for the foundation/footing, 450 or so contrete 8 by 8 by 16 blocks, cinder/cement/concrete for the cellar walls, and all the plumbing parts for the plumbing for our water, and I am buying a few things for my bathroom, not many; the toilet, tub, and sink were free from where we used to live, and it all is taking more money than I dreamed it would! I won't have enough money left to redo our roof, which needs badly to be redone, but it will wait for another year, so we are okay, and God is supplying our needs and helping us to get it all figured out and completed! Lots of money, lots of planning, and lots of work, but before Christmas it should all be finished except for the roof! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 pm

I`m just bumping this thread because it might be of interest to our newer members.I hope the information here is of interest.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks, Smiley for bumping this thread up, as I had the same thought, but I didn't follow through on it! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 am

No problem.After a bit of thought I figured that we were being kinda judgmental,The question seemed rather crass to us but it may have been asked innocently.When reading online posts it can be hard to actually know the intent of an unfamiliar poster.I`m willing to extend an olive branch.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:17 am

Yes, I agree with you Smiley! Also, a little confession here. I tend to find humor sometimes when I shouldn't! Sometimes people do make innocent mistakes, and we do judge them harshly sometimes. Intent is important, and if we have good intentions then that is half the battle. Extend the olive branch? That is a jesture of peace, isn't it? Our daughter often has said that email or online communication can be dangerous, because it is difficult to know how the other person feels. You can't see their face or their body language. An innocent joke could be taken wrong and found offensive. When we communicate face to face we see facial expressions, we hear the voice, hear the laughter, and see the body language. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

As far as the prices increase every year, the income of people must goes up too or beyond the increase of prices of goods. This is how to beat the inflation rate.

According to economist, inflation rate is 6 % every year. Imagine the price of a can of sardines today is 15 pesos. In ten years time, it would goes up 27 pesos.

If the family income is less than 10,000php a month, then the family is living below poverty. And the sad thing is that, more than 40 % of filipino people live below poverty line. In terms of resources, the Philippines has many to earn with a living, but due to the increase of population, the opportunity is very small.

It saddened me that until now, the minimum wage at the City Hall still 274.50 per day. That is for the people below high school graduate as their educational attainment. Lately, I read a memorandum from the Mayor to have increase of salary but it is not as high as the inflation rate of 6% a year. Since I work there 10 or 11 years ago, the rate of the minimum is still the same. Can you imagine the cost of food before was 15 pesos, and let us say the daily wage is 274.50 pesos. Now, that food is cost doubled or 30 per serving. It should follow that wage must increase doubled but sad to say it is still the same.

It is therefore, filipinos become poorer as he or she was. So to beat inflation rate, a person must think how he can earn more and do more than one job at a time or make some sidelines or selling goods to earn more.
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum