MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 pm

That is funny, Red, you were thinking about old dogs, huh? We do have a DVD player that we purchased a number of years ago. I got it cheap because someone else didn't want it, had opened the box, and I got it really cheap, and it has worked for years now! I think things should last forever, and they don't! The VCR player I bought in 1998, and it seems like nothing should be wrong with it, but it is eating tapes, and I have to fix that or throw it out, which I hate to do! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 am

Smiley wrote:I just noticed,Red< your post about the movie 'Wild Hogs'. My brothers wife insisted I watch it. I have spent 30 years in and around motorcycle clubs. We see a lot of these little groups lately.
It was a funny movie , not very believable though. I prefer Jackie Chan.
Has anyone here ever seen 'Cannery Row'?

Have not seen that movie. Just heard it now.
Last edited by red on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am

Have seen the Happy Feet 2 and the Dolphin Tale movie with my girls. :)
red

Postby lyrehc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 am

Its Summer in the Pinas so its time to relax so i was watching this movie "mirror-mirror" staring julia robert,its a very interesting and a funny one.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I often messed up typing here while watching TV or talking on phone same time. :lol:
red

Postby red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 pm

lyrehc wrote:Its Summer in the Pinas so its time to relax so i was watching this movie "mirror-mirror" staring julia robert,its a very interesting and a funny one.

It is showing on cinemas but I will wait for dvd or cd to rent or pirated copy to buy ha ha. Love Julia she's great actress. There is another movie Snow White and the Huntsman by Kristen Stewart. I'm waiting on that too.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 pm

If we have a DVD title that we want to get, we often go on Ebay, and often times you can get a really good deal, if the movie has been out for a while. If it is fairly recent often the price is high even on Ebay. We have a great library system in this part of Washington State, USA. We live a longs ways from town, and we can look through their free catalogue, send and e-mail or call them and order movies. They mail them to us, with return postage, so it doesn't cost us anything. We often take them in when we are going to town anyway, and then that saves the library postage. Carol and I each have a library card, so between us we can order lots of movies, but we don't care for so many of them, that we hardly ever even order them. We did when our daughter was here for a couple of months as she likes to watch movies. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:01 pm

I wish our public library here offers movies for borrowing. I visited the local library and i kept sneezing. It triggered my rhinitis. I thought the place needs cleaning. Very dusty place.
Have seen the Just Go With It movie of Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. Very nice rom-com movie. I find Jennifer Aniston sexier than Angelina Jolie.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 am

This is very interesting because we went to the library today while we were in town. We stopped getting our local newspaper as it was getting more expensive with less news in it all the time. I still like it even if it doesn't have much in it, but we stopped getting it anyway. So I read the newspaper, especially the obituaries, while my wife, our daughter and granddaughter looked for books and movies. Carol and I each have our own library card, so we can each order more. Our daughter and granddaughter used my card, and Carol got some books and movies for herself, and I think the kids each used there own cards as well, so they got lots of movies. I don't know how they are going to find time to watch all those movies, but I am sure they will! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 am

Finally found the Fireproof movie and watched it. It was nice. It is about saving marriage. Also seen the Facing the Giants very inspiring movie. Those are the movies that are worth to watch. Just prepare some Kleenex tissue. :D
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum