What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby lyrehc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:45 am

i love you all guys......let the will of Lord be done to us according to his plan. Amen.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Yes, we are all such a lovable bunch, aren't we? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

We love you, too, lyrehc

Late yesterday afternoon I got a call from the brother of the woman who owns the apartment complex that I am renovating. He is an employee of hers. He said his sister wanted me to work on her house today because many of her doors would not close properly, or lock. I wasn't planning on working today so that i could rest my hand, and hope it would have time to heal some so that the symptoms of the carpal tunnel syndrome would not be so severe. But since she is the boss, I felt obligated to say, okay. I went to work on her house, and wowee wowee, what a house she has. It was about an hour's drive from my house, and it was in an isolated area in the Texas Hill Country. Her brother was there when I got there, and I stated that the place looked like some pictures from "Better Homes And Gardens" magazine. He said, "More like from The Rich and Famous", which is a television show about places that those classes of people live in. It is quite a house. It only has 4 bedrooms, but it has a game room with billiard's table, an entertainment room with a 6 foot TV screen and 10 plush chairs similar to Lazy-Boys. That room also had racks of movies and music CD's with built in stereo and speaker system. The house was huge, and ornately and expensively furnished. It has a 3-car garage, a basketball court, a patio with large barbeque cooking system, and a big swimming pool. There were 5 bathrooms (CR's), and two had whirlpool bathtubs as well as walk in showers. The closets were so large that a person could probably live in one of them. Hmmm...I'd hate to be the person who had to clean all of that house. lol
Although it was a magnificent house, I could never see myself having a place like it even if i had the money. I don't need luxurious surroundings, and I'd be happier using the money to support many who are in need on a simpler lifestyle.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am

I just saw the new website for singles here...wow...great job on that one Sir Michael. It has been cold days and cold nights. I had sleepless night last night because of my daughter got sick. Let us pray for everyone to stay safe in this weather condition and everybody be healthy. ;) :D Happy New Year by the way!
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Thank you, red. Yes, it is very cold here in Texas this week, too. I tried to work out in it today, but it was well below freezing, and I was just too cold to be efficient. It will stay below freezing until tomorrow at midday, so maybe I will go in late tomorrow.
I know it is hard on a parent when their child is sick. I have been through that with my child. I hope that your child gets well quickly, and that all of us can stay healthy this winter. There are a lot of flu cases spreading around the world right now.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Smiley » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi everyone: sorry that I have not been around lately,my computer suffered a mishap and I was informed that it is beyond repair. Until I can get it replaced I will have to be content with logging on at the public Library.
I would like to wish you all a belated Happy New Year, I miss you guys and wish you all the best.
Smiley

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:42 am

Hello Smiley...
We have been wondering why we haven't seen you on the forum for so long, and now we know. Sorry to hear about your pc problems, and we hope you can get another one eventually, and that you will return to join us here.
Best wishes,
Michael
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:59 am

hello everyone....
what a day to me... feel so tired...a busy days for me laundry and i had cook our lunch, while slicing all the ingredients i suddenly cut the tip of my finger but not so deep, its too painful but now its ok ill put some bandaid.i feel so bad. :(
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby Smiley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:30 pm

I`m logging on at the library whenever I get the opportunity. We have just had an arctic storm here in the deep south of Canada,the wind chill was close to fifty below,Really looking forward to warming up a bit now.
Smiley

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

I don't envy you the cold you are experiencing. It got down to 14 F here a few days ago (-10 C), but it has warmed up again, and we were up to 68 F today. But it has been raining now for 2 days, and that keeps me from being able to work.
I heard from mystic today, and he is going into surgery about now, and I hope that all of you will say a prayer or two for our friend.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:07 pm

i include you in my prayers for your successful surgery mystic, i hope you would have fast recovery after surgery...
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum