What if Your In-Laws to be Doesn't Like You?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What if Your In-Laws to be Doesn't Like You?

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 pm

There are instances wherein you meet your in-laws to be..and during that first encounter you suddenly feel that they don't like you..If this happen, what will you do?.. :) :)
chaychay644

Re: What if Your In-Laws to be Doesn't Like You?

Postby red » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:06 am

If I were still single I think i would be having a hard time. I can't be at peace knowing my in-laws dont like me...maybe i would have doubts on getting married.
Kinda sad i didnt able to meet or talk my in-laws, coz both already passed away before i even knew my husband. I only see them in the pictures and I am proud that my daughter has resemblance of her late grandma.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby chaychay644 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm

red wrote:If I were still single I think i would be having a hard time. I can't be at peace knowing my in-laws dont like me...maybe i would have doubts on getting married.
Kinda sad i didnt able to meet or talk my in-laws, coz both already passed away before i even knew my husband. I only see them in the pictures and I am proud that my daughter has resemblance of her late grandma.

I guess, i'll feel the same if ever I am in that situation..but, i'll do my best to prove to them that I love their son very much..
chaychay644

Postby red » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Dealing with in-laws is not easy, you have to adjust. In my case, I have not meet my in-laws but I have met and dealt the children of my husband's first marriage. I figured just last year about their thoughts about me marrying their Dad. I felt discourage and I thought i wish i knew this before.They thought Filipinas who are marrying Americans are just after for quick way to go US and also money. I proved them wrong on that. In the first place, I could have married other than their Dad because at that time i was single i had lots of guys from different countries who wants to meet me that year and some are I would say financially stable and are professionals. But I fell in love with their Dad. It's good thing i dont have to live with them under one roof, it's not easy, really.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

chaychay644 wrote:There are instances wherein you meet your in-laws to be..and during that first encounter you suddenly feel that they don't like you..If this happen, what will you do?.. :) :)

That would be very hard and sometimes affect your relationship with your future husband. For me, i will make an effort that they will like me for their son. In doing so, i will keep in touch with them and feel them that they are important to me and show love to them as i love their son. I believe it is a package,if you love their husband so must be the parents.Not only that, loving my future husband (their son) is the best way i can do for them to like me, isn't a good idea? :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Last edited by crisipicada on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Chas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 am

crisipicada wrote:That would be very hard and sometimes affect your relationship with your future husband be affected. For me, i will make an effort that they will like me for their son. In doing so, i will keep in touch with them and feel them that they are important to me and show love to them as i love their son. I believe it is a package,if you love their husband so must be the parents.Not only that, loving my future husband (their son) is the best way i can do for them to like me, isn't a good idea? :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Do they really not like you - or - do they not like the idea that you are taking their 'precious baby' away from them. I like your advice about keeping in touch Crispy, as it is important to be inclusive and show they are gaining a daughter and not losing a son (or vice versa).
Chas

Postby crisipicada » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 am

Chas wrote:
crisipicada wrote:That would be very hard and sometimes affect your relationship with your future husband be affected. For me, i will make an effort that they will like me for their son. In doing so, i will keep in touch with them and feel them that they are important to me and show love to them as i love their son. I believe it is a package,if you love their husband so must be the parents.Not only that, loving my future husband (their son) is the best way i can do for them to like me, isn't a good idea? :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Do they really not like you - or - do they not like the idea that you are taking their 'precious baby' away from them. I like your advice about keeping in touch Crispy, as it is important to be inclusive and show they are gaining a daughter and not losing a son (or vice versa).

wow, maybe that must be the reason why they don't like because they will lose their daughter or son. whatever the reason behind, communication is the best way to gain someone's heart - your future mate or the parents of future husband/wife. :D :D
crisipicada

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 pm

crisipicada wrote: wow, maybe that must be the reason why they don't like because they will lose their daughter or son. whatever the reason behind, communication is the best way to gain someone's heart - your future mate or the parents of future husband/wife. :D :D

yeah,in most cases it is the main reason..while there are also situations wherein parents don't feel like their son/daughter getting married coz they will lose financial support from them..
chaychay644

Postby crisipicada » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:29 am

chaychay644 wrote:
crisipicada wrote: wow, maybe that must be the reason why they don't like because they will lose their daughter or son. whatever the reason behind, communication is the best way to gain someone's heart - your future mate or the parents of future husband/wife. :D :D

yeah,in most cases it is the main reason..while there are also situations wherein parents don't feel like their son/daughter getting married coz they will lose financial support from them..

That is very true even for the girls. Their parents don't want them to marry especially when their daughter is supporting them. Just like me, i really had a hard time to talk about marriage to my family if someday i wanted to because they count on you :) , how bad.
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:41 am

chaychay644 wrote:
red wrote:If I were still single I think i would be having a hard time. I can't be at peace knowing my in-laws dont like me...maybe i would have doubts on getting married.

I guess, i'll feel the same if ever I am in that situation..but, i'll do my best to prove to them that I love their son very much..

It is very true,Chay even to the guys. One way of liking them for their daughter is to develop a nice relationship to the parents, that's filipino culture. :D :D
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum