do u think it would be great to have a chat room on here

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

do u think it would be great to have a chat room on here

Postby justmovenalong » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 pm

I think it would be great to have a live chat room on this site,what do u guys think????
justmovenalong

Re: do u think it would be great to have a chat room on here

Postby Tears08 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:41 am

ahmm, for me, i think it would be most great to not have a live chat room here because this site is very different from the other site and besides it is not a dating site, it is a pen pal site; a site who manage to let the two people known each other by email. :roll: :roll: :) :)
Tears08

Postby abufarsi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm

I too am not in need of a chat room.

First, many chat rooms have the "wrong" kind of people looking for inappropriate things. Women sometimes use chat rooms to have chat that is subject to additional pay, and guys sometime join chat rooms to say inappropriate things. Kids sometimes drop in to chat rooms to stir things up, insulting people, trying to shock other users with bold talk. Who needs that?

Second, so many chat platforms are available anyway.

And lastly I find the chat rooms mostly appeal to superficial one liners, quips, and one word replies. I would hope that if somebody took the time to fill up a profile, load a picture, they would be more serious than wasting time with communication that told others nothing about themselves.
abufarsi

Postby eStu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 am

I think if there was a chat facility connected to this site, I would give it a try.

I don't discount the potential negatives one of which may be advertising 'bots' populating a chat room, I'm not sure how easy it is to prevent that but it can probably be done by requiring some kind of authentification code to be typed.

As for the behaviour/quality of the participants, I would hope that the tone might be more sincere than your general run of the mill chatroom by virtue of being allied to this site... but there are no guarantees. If it provided a way to establish or rule out initial compatibility in a short space of time it might be quite helpful.

I realise, however, that there is probably quite a bit of work involved in setting up a chat platform and that it might be quite difficult to implement on a non-paysite.
eStu

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 am

It is a lot of fun chatting... Maybe it needs variety from the to time.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Andrewm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Although truly new here, I think that this Jade & Rune site is interesting.

And it would be significantly less interesting if chat were to become part of it.

The reasons have already been mentioned: Chat invites or opens the door to dumb behavior and those who would be unwanted. Which of us has not seen Yahoo chat at some point and been repulsed?

No, it is far better to have a writing, thread, forum, and penpal set-up that encourages thoughtful conversation via messaging.

Thoughtful, slower, easy-going, & real thinking. Those here who carefully consider replies and anwers. How refreshing!

Chat is -- like way too much in our hurly-burly, topsy-turvey, never-slow-down world -- too immediate. It is haste; it is waste.

It is far better to see a well-written post, think about it, & consider a thoughtful response or compliment for the one posting. And then come back a few days or week later to the site and see wonderful comments and replies.

That offers more depth. Chat offers no depth. Please do not initiate it. Thank you.
Andrewm

Postby eStu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:19 am

If there were enough participants on the forum wanting to give real-time chat a try I guess that one possibility would be to schedule a 'by invitation only' off-site chat via something like Yahoo, Skype, IRC or MSN. There would be no risk of random people wandering in and lowering the tone and no burden on the webmaster of this site to get a chat facility up and running.

Scheduling might not be easy due to timezones... but I thought I'd offer up an alternative that would take care of the main problems with the on-site chat suggestion.

For those that prefer to stick to bulletin board posts, I respect that you have that preference. I don't have a strong preference either way but I think that it could be nice if some of the guys and gals had the opportunity to do even just one-off real time introductions via chat. I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on that. Don't feel the need to go easy on me (or, more to the point, the idea), it's just an idea.
eStu

Postby crisipicada » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Maybe you consider chatting also because it is more meaningful when you see the one who inspires your day. For me this forum is okay and what i mean is that for people to get attracted, variety and some other revision must be done. Like: new setting, having a run through topic so that people can read all and pick up the one they like... Its hard to explain but what i mean is that it needs to update to the latest...
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 am

I am fine with this site, just the way it is. I don't really care about a chat room, myself personally. I am like Crisi, in that I like to pick subjests that are of interest and write about them, and then see what others have to say. There is a boosting of morale also where people respond in a positive way to each other. I am on the down hill side of my classes I am taking, one music and the other nutrition, and then I will no doubt be here more. My classes have been quite demanding, and I have put almost all my energy into them. I enjoy all aspects of them except for the tests, and I hate tests! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will survive though! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am

Edwin wrote:I am fine with this site, just the way it is. I don't really care about a chat room, myself personally. I am like Crisi, in that I like to pick subjests that are of interest and write about them, and then see what others have to say. There is a boosting of morale also where people respond in a positive way to each other. I am on the down hill side of my classes I am taking, one music and the other nutrition, and then I will no doubt be here more. My classes have been quite demanding, and I have put almost all my energy into them. I enjoy all aspects of them except for the tests, and I hate tests! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will survive though! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

Godbless to your exams, Sir
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum