Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Postby crisipicada » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Juan was a good boy, he help his family and brothers and sisters. He possess a good moral attitude and people around him has nothing against him. He is honest, loyal, loving, helpful name it ... all good qualities he possess and no one can find fault in his life.

But sad to say that he was in accident while traveling and confine in the hospital for 2 weeks. Sad to say that he was not able to survive and died. Now, what can you say about him? Will he will be able to go to heaven?

We all will be able to meet end in our lives. Someday or somehow we will face judgement... The Bible says, it is appointed unto men to die once and after death judgment.. If God will ask you.... Why i will let you in to heaven? What will you answer?

All are invited to give their opinion about this topic. Please write what is in your heart and mind. :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm

crisipicada wrote:Juan was a good boy, he help his family and brothers and sisters. He possess a good moral attitude and people around him has nothing against him. He is honest, loyal, loving, helpful name it ... all good qualities he possess and no one can find fault in his life.

But sad to say that he was in accident while traveling and confine in the hospital for 2 weeks. Sad to say that he was not able to survive and died. Now, what can you say about him? Will he will be able to go to heaven?

We all will be able to meet end in our lives. Someday or somehow we will face judgement... The Bible says, it is appointed unto men to die once and after death judgment.. If God will ask you.... Why i will let you in to heaven? What will you answer?

All are invited to give their opinion about this topic. Please write what is in your heart and mind. :P

Many people believes that when a person dies, he/she will go to heaven if and only they do good while they are still living..but, what does really the bible teach us on the resurrection accounts?..the following accounts will help us clearly understand...

The Bible teaches that the dead “are conscious of nothing at all.” They are not alive and have no conscious existence anywhere. The account of Lazarus confirms this. Upon returning to life, did Lazarus thrill people with descriptions of heaven? Or did he terrify them with horrible tales about a burning hell? No. The Bible contains no such words from Lazarus. During the four days that he was dead, he had been “conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Lazarus had simply been sleeping in death.—John 11:11.

12 The account of Lazarus also teaches us that the resurrection is a reality, not a mere myth. Jesus raised Lazarus in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. Even the religious leaders, who hated Jesus, did not deny this miracle. Rather, they said: “What are we to do, because this man [Jesus] performs many signs?” (John 11:47) Many people went to see the resurrected man. As a result, even more of them put faith in Jesus. They saw in Lazarus living proof that Jesus was sent by God. This evidence was so powerful that some of the hardhearted Jewish religious leaders planned to kill both Jesus and Lazarus.—John 11:53; 12:9-11.

The Bible’s resurrection accounts teach us much about the resurrection to come. People who were restored to life right here on earth were reunited with their loved ones. The future resurrection will be similar—but much better. The God’s purpose is that the whole earth be made into a paradise. So the dead will not be raised to life in a world filled with war, crime, and sickness. They will have an opportunity to live forever on this earth in peaceful and happy conditions.

Who will be resurrected? Jesus said that “all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:28, 29) Similarly, Revelation 20:13 says: “The sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them.” “Hades” refers to the common grave of mankind. This collective grave will be emptied. All those billions who rest there will live again. The apostle Paul said: “There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) What does that mean?

“The righteous” include many of the people we read about in the Bible who lived before Jesus came to the earth. You might think of Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Ruth, Esther, and many others.

What about all the people who did not serve or obey Jehovah because they never knew about him? These billions of “unrighteous” ones will not be forgotten. They too will be resurrected and given time to learn about the true God and to serve him. During a period of a thousand years, the dead will be resurrected and given an opportunity to join faithful humans on earth in serving Jehovah. It will be a wonderful time. This period is what the Bible refers to as Judgment Day.

Does this mean that every human who ever lived will be resurrected? No. The Bible says that some of the dead are in “Gehenna.” (Luke 12:5) Gehenna got its name from a garbage dump located outside of ancient Jerusalem. Dead bodies and garbage were burned there. The dead whose bodies were thrown there were considered by the Jews to be unworthy of a burial and a resurrection. So Gehenna is a fitting symbol of everlasting destruction. Although Jesus will have a role in judging the living and the dead, Jehovah is the final Judge. (Acts 10:42) He will never resurrect those whom he judges to be wicked and unwilling to change.

THE HEAVENLY RESURRECTION
The Bible also refers to another kind of resurrection, one to life as a spirit creature in heaven. Only one example of this type of resurrection is recorded in the Bible, that of Jesus Christ.

After Jesus was put to death as a human, Jehovah did not allow His faithful Son to remain in the grave. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 13:34, 35) God resurrected Jesus, but not as a human. The apostle Peter explains that Christ was “put to death in the flesh, but . . . made alive in the spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18) This truly was a great miracle. Jesus was alive again as a mighty spirit person! (1 Corinthians 15:3-6) Jesus was the first ever to receive this glorious type of resurrection. (John 3:13) But he would not be the last.

Knowing that he would soon return to heaven, Jesus told his faithful followers that he would “prepare a place” for them there. (John 14:2) Jesus referred to those going to heaven as his “little flock.” (Luke 12:32) How many are to be in this relatively small group of faithful Christians? According to Revelation 14:1, the apostle John says: “I saw, and, look! the Lamb [Jesus Christ] standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.”

These 144,000 Christians, including Jesus’ faithful apostles, are raised to life in heaven. When does their resurrection take place? The apostle Paul wrote that it would occur during the time of Christ’s presence. (1 Corinthians 15:23) As you will learn in we are now living in that time. So those few remaining ones of the 144,000 who die in our day are instantly resurrected to life in heaven. (1 Corinthians 15:51-55) The vast majority of mankind, however, have the prospect of being resurrected in the future to life in Paradise on earth.

Yes, Jehovah really will defeat our enemy death, and it will be gone forever! (Isaiah 25:8) Yet, you may wonder, ‘What will those resurrected to heaven do there?’ They will form part of a marvelous Kingdom government in heaven
chaychay644

Postby crisipicada » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Is salvation or way to heaven is available to all?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

crisipicada wrote:Is salvation or way to heaven is available to all?

It is clear in Revelation 14:1 that only 144,000 have the glorious type of resurrection in heaven and the first ones among them were Jesus' faithful first-century disciples..the rest of mankind have the hope of being resurrected in Paradise on earth.

We should bear in mind that the dead do not suffer. Rather than experiencing torment in a hellfire or being taken by God to become angels in heaven, the dead, wait in the grave until it is time to be awakened in the resurrection.—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10; Ezekiel 18:4.

chaychay644

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 pm

In the Bible book of Isaiah, we get a preview of what life will be like in the Paradise earth. No inhabitant of Paradise will say, "I am sick." (Isaiah 33:24) Animals will pose no danger to man. (Isaiah 11:6-9) People will build beautiful homes and inhabit them and will plant crops and eat to satisfaction. (Isaiah 65:21-25) Moreover, God "will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces."—Isaiah 25:8.
chaychay644

Postby purex » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:58 am

Of course, everybody wants to go to heaven to those who believe there is :D :D :D :D :D . and also no one would like to go to hell to those who believe there is one. :o :o :o :o But the question is, how can we be sure to go to the kingdom of God?

I remember when i was in highschool, year 1993, way back 18 years ago, i realize and really thinking that i would go to heaven. For me, i believe that doing good is the way to do to be there. Not only that, on my own perspective, i believe i am not totally bad... But then realize that i am not good at all. I am a sinner and i need a Savior. A man who has no sin and that I need Jesus Christ. So, i accepted Christ as my personal Savior and Lord. :D :D :D
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

"I'm a pretty good person"

Postby purex » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 am

I would never hurt anybody, I am honest. I love and care for my family. Surely I will go to Heaven when I die.

Is it true; most people are pretty good. However, contrary to popular opinion, not all GOOD go to Heaven. In fact you do not need to be bad person to go to hell. Notice what the Bible says in Titus 3:5. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy He saved us..." The Bible also states in Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." You can see that even if you are a good person, God's Word declares that your goodness is not sufficient to merit Heaven.

Another interesting fact found in the Bible is that you are not really as good as you think you are. Ecclesiastes 7:20, "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:10, 23).

It is true that you must have goodness to get to Heaven, but the truth is you do not possess that goodness in and of yourself. "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, that your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23). You see, everyone deserves to die and go to hell because of their sin; however, Jesus loved us so much that He shed His sinless blood and died in our place. Three days later, Christ arose from the grave, proving that He had conquered death and hell, and establishing that He alone has the power to give us eternal life. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8).

Think about this. If your goodness could save you, Jesus Himself would have died in vain. The fact is no one can possibly get to Heaven on their own. Jesus Himself stated in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Perhaps by now you are wondering how you can obtain Jesus Christ's goodness for yourself. It is really very simple. First, you must be genuinely sorry for your sin. Luke 13:3 states, "... except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." True repentance produces a new way of living. "I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy (God's) testimonies." (Psalm 119:59).

Secondly, you must believe that Jesus died for you. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." ( Romans10:9-10).

Finally, ask Him to save you and take you to Heaven when you die. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." 'Romans10:13). Please call on Him today. You have no guarantee of tomorrow. What a tragedy it would be for a person like you die and go to hell.

Why not ask Him to save you right now?You can pray from your heart a simple prayer like this one: "Dear Jesus, I realize I am a sinner and You paid for my sin on the cross. Please forgive me, save my soul from hell, and take me to Heaven I die. Thank you, Lord, for saving me. Amen.

Thank you for taking time reading this and welcome to Heaven to those who accepted Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 am

You are absolutely correct in your thinking and what you are telling others, Purex! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 pm

What Is God’s Purpose for the Earth?

GOD’S purpose for the earth is really wonderful. Jehovah wants the earth to be filled with happy, healthy people. The Bible says that “God planted a garden in Eden” and that he “made to grow . . . every tree desirable to one’s sight and good for food.” After God created the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, He put them in that lovely home and told them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it.” (Genesis 1:28; 2:8, 9, 15) So it was God’s purpose that humans have children, extend the boundaries of that garden home earth wide, and take care of the animals.

Do you think that Jehovah God’s purpose for people to live in an earthly paradise will ever be realized? “I have even spoken it,” God declares, “I shall also do it.” (Isaiah 46:9-11; 55:11) Yes, what God purposes he will surely do! He says that he “did not create [the earth] simply for nothing” but “formed it even to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) What kind of people did God want to live on the earth? And for how long did he want them to live here? The Bible answers: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”—Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4.

Obviously, this has not happened yet. People now get sick and die; they even fight and kill one another. Something went wrong. Surely, however, God did not purpose that the earth should be as we see it today! What happened? Why has God’s purpose not been fulfilled? No history book written by man can tell us because the trouble started in heaven.

THE ORIGIN OF AN ENEMY

The first book of the Bible tells of an opposer of God who showed up in the garden of Eden. He is described as “the serpent,” but he was not a mere animal. The last book of the Bible identifies him as “the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth.” He is also called “the original serpent.” (Genesis 3:1; Revelation 12:9) This powerful angel, or invisible spirit creature, used a serpent to speak to Eve, even as a skilled person can make it seem that his voice is coming from a nearby doll or dummy. That spirit person had no doubt been present when God prepared the earth for humans.—Job 38:4, 7.

Since all of Jehovah’s creations are perfect, however, who made this “Devil,” this “Satan”? Put simply, one of the powerful spirit sons of God turned himself into the Devil. How was this possible? Well, today a person who was once decent and honest may become a thief. How does that happen? The person may allow a wrong desire to develop in his heart. If he keeps thinking about it, that wrong desire may become very strong. Then if the opportunity presents itself, he may act upon the bad desire that he has been thinking about.—James 1:13-15.

This happened in the case of Satan the Devil. He apparently heard God tell Adam and Eve to have children and to fill the earth with their offspring. (Genesis 1:27, 28) ‘Why, all these humans could worship me rather than God!’ Satan evidently thought. So a wrong desire built up in his heart. Eventually, he took action to deceive Eve by telling her lies about God. (Genesis 3:1-5) He thus became a “Devil,” which means “Slanderer.” At the same time, he became “Satan,” which means “Opposer.”

By using lies and trickery, Satan the Devil caused Adam and Eve to disobey God. (Genesis 2:17; 3:6) As a result, they eventually died, as God had said they would if they disobeyed. (Genesis 3:17-19) Since Adam became imperfect when he sinned, all his offspring inherited sin from him. (Romans 5:12) The situation might be illustrated with a pan used for baking bread. If the pan has a dent in it, what happens to each loaf of bread made in the pan? Each loaf has a dent, or an imperfection, in it. Similarly, each human has inherited a “dent” of imperfection from Adam. That is why all humans grow old and die.—Romans 3:23.

When Satan led Adam and Eve into sinning against God, he was really leading a rebellion. He was challenging Jehovah’s way of ruling. In effect, Satan was saying: ‘God is a bad ruler. He tells lies and holds back good things from his subjects. Humans do not need to have God ruling over them. They can decide for themselves what is good and what is bad. And they will be better off under my rulership.’ How would God handle such an insulting challenge? Some think that God should simply have put the rebels to death. But would that have answered Satan’s challenge? Would it have proved that God’s way of ruling is right?

WHO RULES THIS WORLD?

Jesus never doubted that Satan is the ruler of this world. In some miraculous way, Satan once showed Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.” Satan then promised Jesus: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” (Matthew 4:8, 9; Luke 4:5, 6) Think about this. Would that offer have been a temptation to Jesus if Satan was not the ruler of these kingdoms? Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s. Surely, Jesus would have done that if Satan was not the power behind them.

Of course, Jehovah is the Almighty God, the Creator of the marvelous universe. (Revelation 4:11) Yet, nowhere does the Bible say that either Jehovah God or Jesus Christ is ruler of this world. In fact, Jesus specifically referred to Satan as “the ruler of this world.” (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11) The Bible even refers to Satan the Devil as “the god of this system of things.” (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) Regarding this opposer, or Satan, the Christian apostle John wrote: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—1 John 5:19.

HOW SATAN’S WORLD WILL BE REMOVED

With each passing year, the world is becoming more and more dangerous. It is overrun with warring armies, dishonest politicians, hypocritical religious leaders, and hardened criminals. The world as a whole is beyond reform. The Bible reveals that the time is near when God will eliminate the wicked world during his war of Armageddon. This will make way for a righteous new world.—Revelation 16:14-16.

Jehovah God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly Kingdom, or government. Long ago, the Bible foretold: “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called . . . Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end.” (Isaiah 9:6, 7, King James Version) Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) As we will see later in this book, God’s Kingdom will soon remove all the governments of this world, and it itself will replace all of them. (Daniel 2:44) Then God’s Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise.

A NEW WORLD IS AT HAND!

The Bible assures us: “There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to [God’s] promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.” (2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17) Sometimes when the Bible speaks of “the earth,” it means the people who live on the earth. (Genesis 11:1) So the righteous “new earth” is a society of people who receive God’s approval.

Jesus promised that in the coming new world, those approved by God would receive the gift of “everlasting life.” (Mark 10:30) Please open your Bible to John 3:16 and 17:3, and read what Jesus said we must do to receive everlasting life. Now consider from the Bible the blessings that will be enjoyed by those who qualify for that wonderful gift from God in the coming earthly Paradise.

Wickedness, warfare, crime, and violence will be gone. “The wicked one will be no more . . . But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth.” (Psalm 37:10, 11) Peace will exist because ‘God will make wars cease to the ends of the earth.’ (Psalm 46:9; Isaiah 2:4) Then “the righteous one will sprout, and the abundance of peace until the moon is no more”—and that means forever!—Psalm 72:7.

Jehovah’s worshipers will live in security. As long as the Israelites in Bible times obeyed God, they lived in security. (Leviticus 25:18, 19) How wonderful it will be to enjoy similar security in Paradise!—Isaiah 32:18; Micah 4:4.

Food shortages will not exist. “There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth,” sang the psalmist. “On the top of the mountains there will be an overflow.” (Psalm 72:16) Jehovah God will bless his righteous ones, and “the earth itself will certainly give its produce.”—Psalm 67:6.

The whole earth will become a paradise. Lovely new homes and gardens will occupy land that had once been ruined by sinful humans. (Isaiah 65:21-24; Revelation 11:18) As time passes, parts of the earth already subdued will expand until the whole globe is as beautiful and productive as the garden of Eden. And God will never fail to ‘open his hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.’—Psalm 145:16.

There will be peace between humans and animals. Wild and domestic animals will feed together. Even a little child will have nothing to fear from animals that are now dangerous.—Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25.

Sickness will vanish. As Ruler of God’s heavenly Kingdom, Jesus will do healing on a far grander scale than when he was on earth. (Matthew 9:35; Mark 1:40-42; John 5:5-9) Then “no resident will say: ‘I am sick.’”—Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6.

Dead loved ones will be restored to life with the prospect of never dying. All those sleeping in death who are in God’s memory will be brought back to life. In fact, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”—Acts 24:15; John 5:28, 29.

What a marvelous future awaits those who choose to learn about our Grand Creator, Jehovah God, and to serve him! It was to the coming Paradise on earth that Jesus pointed when he promised the evildoer who died alongside him: “You will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43) It is vital that we learn more about Jesus Christ, through whom all these blessings will be made possible.

chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 am

I was just thinking of the song, "More Abundantly." Jesus came to bring us abundant life. Jesus said that the "Theif cometh not but for to steal, and kill, and destroy," but Jesus said, "I have come that ye might have life, and that ye might have it more abundantly." We have eternal life now, and we will live forever as we trust in God and live for Him. Thank you, Jesus. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum