Church Attendance

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Church Attendance

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Where we were for 10 years we started our own little church. I started it, and some people took over, but I let them. I am not a pushy type person, so it happened. We moved back here, and our kids were insulted by the preacher using bad words, so they were offended and stopped attending. We had our own Bible Studies here, so that helped. We tried attending a little church twice. Just after the first time, we had big blowup between our granddaughter and her Dad's family, so we were not able to attend, as she was afraid that he was attending there, and things were not good. They all went to court, and the settlements put people somewhat at peace, so we thought now that the hostilities are down we can attend again. Well, the preacher and one of his board members had this huge fight just as he was beginning his sermon! They started arguing right there, so we and a number of other people walked out. They were putting on a speghetti feed, with a desert auction to raise money for a Christian cause, and there was lots of music, guitars, banjo, etc. We went and enjoyed it. Then while I was in the Philippines Carol and our granddaughter went down to try going to church there again. Well, this guy tried to hug our granddaughter, and it offended her, and she decided that she didn't want to go back again.

We are all human, and we make mistakes, and the preacher should not have said bad words, but I imagine our son-in-law who was offended had said worse things than the preacher did, so we went to church there this morning and enjoyed it so much. We attended that church for 4 years before we moved away, and this morning was the first time we have been back to that church in about 13 years. It was good to be back, and there are a lot of nice people attending there. It was Carol's idea to go, and I think we are going to keep attending there. They had good music, but I was disappointed because there were 2 pianos on the platform and no one played either one of them! I would have jumped up there and played one of them, except I am not that good yet!!!! I am almost that good, but not quite! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Church Attendance

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:46 pm

We are planning to go to church again in the morning, and we will enjoy it so much. I hope they will use one of the pianos, and time will tell. Guitars and drums are fine, but I like the piano music too. We were gone from that church for about 13 years, and a number of the people who attended when we were there before are dead now. It felt good to be back in that church after all these years. The title of the church is, Cornerstone Christian Fellowship. It is a Free Methodist church, and they do have good uplifting church services. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:58 am

i am still praying for a church where God will use me. i was a member of an independent church here in our place but the pastor already mission to other place where he prayed for many years, so the mother church is sending different pastor to that church.

i decided to find a church where i can be useful and get involved in the work of God. i pray two but still waitign for GOD's guidance.

last sunday i was not able to go to church. i stay home and have devotional and praising. i watch the television of a baptist preaching in atlanta Georgia. i am bless with the message about finding comfort. how wonderful God use that message to comfort me. :D :D thank you LORD.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 pm

crisipicada wrote:i am still praying for a church where God will use me. i was a member of an independent church here in our place but the pastor already mission to other place where he prayed for many years, so the mother church is sending different pastor to that church.

i decided to find a church where i can be useful and get involved in the work of God. i pray two but still waitign for GOD's guidance.

last sunday i was not able to go to church. i stay home and have devotional and praising. i watch the television of a baptist preaching in atlanta Georgia. i am bless with the message about finding comfort. how wonderful God use that message to comfort me. :D :D thank you LORD.

I am glad God used the television church program to comfort you! When we house/dog sat for people in the Stehekin Valley we would watch church on their televisions and that was fun.

We went to a Communty Church in Cheney, near Spokane as we were visiting our kids there. Next Sunday we will attend Church in North Seattle as well will be having a get together with Carol's brother from the Philippines, his filipina wife, and that will be a lot of fun. We don't get to see them often as they don't leave the Philippines very often. He was telling me that the seats were too close together for comfort, the flight was too long, and he didn't like the food. He said he thought after this he would just stay in the Philippines. Of course he will come to the USA once a year or so as he always does. At least that is what I think he will do. They just arrived in Seattle, and they are tired. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 am

i attend church at maramag at my sister's church. they have a speake from TYLER, texas, USA named RON BREY. This is his second time to visit the church.

he speak about GOD IS BIG and he is prepare to bless us as we deserve it.

what a wonderful heart of him for the lost souls.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:53 am

crisipicada wrote:i attend church at maramag at my sister's church. they have a speake from TYLER, texas, USA named RON BREY. This is his second time to visit the church.

he speak about GOD IS BIG and he is prepare to bless us as we deserve it.

what a wonderful heart of him for the lost souls.

That is great, Crisy! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 am

We went to church in Seattle this last Sunday with Carol's brother, his filipina wife, who live in the Philippines and are visiting here, his daughter, who recently became a Christian, Carol, and our daughter, Dawn. Carol's brother said it had been 35 years since he had been to church, and we all couldn't believe that he decided to go with us. It was an answer to prayer and nothing short of a miracle. We were all very happy.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Several of the churches are combining to have a large Easter Service in the Performing Arts Center. We are planning to attend that church service this coming Sunday. In the 1980s and 1990s I played trombone in the pit orchestra for a quite a number of Musical Shows. I also played trombone there for a quite a few concerts during those years, and it was lots of fun. When we moved to Stehekin we were too far away for me to play with the Orchestra, so I haven't played with them since 1998, but I have lots of memories in that place, and it seems strange that we will be attending church there this coming Sunday! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun May 01, 2011 5:36 pm

We went down the hill again this morning to attend the church service at the Free Methodist Church, and it was good. To be honest my tastes, or our tastes are different than a lot of people's tastes. The music was too loud, but we stood it, barely! One guy played distorted sounds on his guitar, and I'm sure he thought it was beatiful, but it didn't do anything for me. As Carol said a couple of this songs were nice. Am I too critical? They were all really into the music, and I'm sure they had their hearts into worshiping God. I sang along, but some of them were a little too fast also. They had phrases that went so quickly that it was hard to even fit the words in. Can you tell that I prefer the old church hymns/songs. They had a woman preacher, and I am not fond of women preachers. I think the men should be doing that job. A woman is not to usurp power or authority over a man in church, so I was not into that very much either, although she did do a nice job of her message. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I have quite a history of relatives that identified with a variety of church groups. My grandfather did not believe, but I hope that he found repentance before he died. He knew the way. His Dad did not believe either, but my uncle said that they were Catholics. He had a brother who was a military hero, a court judge, and a preacher, all in one. There was supposed to be another preacher on that side of the family, but I don't know very much more about that. My grandmother was a Church of Christ saint, and she taking my Dad to Sunday School is what prompted him to give his heart to the Lord, and live His life to please God.

My mother's family were all Baptist people. There were a couple of Baptist preachers on that side of the family also. Some of my relatives still attend the Baptist churches as a result of that background. Several of our families on my Mom and Dad's side of the family both went with the Assemblies of God, of which I am an ordained minister and have pastored their churches in the past. Some of our relatives have gone with the Seventh Day Adventist's church group, which is a very good Christian church. My Mom had one brother who married a Romanian lady who was a Catholic, so he embrassed the Catholic faith, and that family, my aunt, uncle, and a cousin were very good Catholic Christians. So I have a quite a representation of church faiths in my background and relatives. We are attending a Free Methodist Church presently, but we really prefer the Assemblies of God churches as we grew up in them from the time we were small children. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum