Have You Ever Had a Friend Bail Out On You?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Have You Ever Had a Friend Bail Out On You?

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:01 pm

I knew this happened last February, or the end of January, but I didn't realize until today the bad effect that it had on my wife, Carol. We live in this beautiful paradise for 10 years, worked there, and made many friends. I hate to tell you all this, but friend mean less to me than they do to my wife. Don't get me wrong I love people and love to have friends, but I can take them or leave them, and if they don't want to be my friends, I really don't care, and I figure it is their loss if they want to feel that way, but Carol has a harder time with that than I do.

We had these friends there most of the time we lived there, I say most of the time, because they came from Australia and Malaysia, and so they were not in the valley when we first moved there. Carol thought this lady was one of here best friends, and Carol really thought they each really like each other and were great friends. When we were at this winter fireworks party where we eat too much, and then watch fireworks being set off in the sky above the snow, this lady, who Carol thought was her wonderful friend told her that they were moving to Bremerton, near Seattle, and she would have time for her any more, so Carol shouldn't expect any more e-mails from here. It really hurt Carol's feelings badly, and I didn't realize how badly it hurt her feeling until today when she told my sister that she threw out the beautiful cactus that this lady had given her, and took all of her pictures down and hid them. I am really sorry for Carol, but our daughter saw it coming and told me that she didn't think this lady was really a true friend for Carol, but just a fair weather friend, and she was correct. Carol is devestated, but she is a very friendly and outgoing person, and she will make friends who will take her place and will be true friends, not just fake friends.

Carol had a cousin that she had been raised with that was always thought of as her sister. About 25 years ago she told Carol that she didn't want her for a sister anymore, and that really hurt Carol also. I'm not sure how people can do that to other people, but some people can and do. We have seen her a few times since, and the last two or three years we have tried to find her in Spokane, and could never find the place where she is staying. She is pretty close to 80 years old and not in very good physical condition, so we really do need to see her again, and we will keep trying until we find her.

Carol said that she thought that this lady thought she was higher class than Carol, and going to the big city she didn't need Carol anymore. Well, Carol is better off without friends like that! I think part of what hurts Carol so much is that this lady kept some her other friends, and dumped Carol. Well, that is life sometimes! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Re: Have You Ever Had a Friend Bail Out On You?

Postby edeline » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:29 am

That is not nice, sorry to hear about that but it really happens in our life. She will soon have another sets of friends whom she can really call true friends. True friends are tested in time. We can't say that a person we have now is really sincere to us because friendship should be measure with enough time.

I have treated some friends of mine as true friends but years passed by I realized I was wrong with what I thought. I have someone whom I treated as a really true friend of mine now but I am still hoping that she will not change as time goes by. Friendship will be tested on times when one needs something and the other can't give nothing but listening. Just be an effective listener to someone makes a difference.

Sometimes needs to be careful whether a person is really treating you sincerely and loving you as what you are and not as what YOU HAVE.
edeline

Re: Have You Ever Had a Friend Bail Out On You?

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:54 pm

edeline wrote:That is not nice, sorry to hear about that but it really happens in our life. She will soon have another sets of friends whom she can really call true friends. True friends are tested in time. We can't say that a person we have now is really sincere to us because friendship should be measure with enough time.

I have treated some friends of mine as true friends but years passed by I realized I was wrong with what I thought. I have someone whom I treated as a really true friend of mine now but I am still hoping that she will not change as time goes by. Friendship will be tested on times when one needs something and the other can't give nothing but listening. Just be an effective listener to someone makes a difference.

Sometimes needs to be careful whether a person is really treating you sincerely and loving you as what you are and not as what YOU HAVE.

You are so right, Edeline! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum