Davao Mayor punches Sheriff

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Davao Mayor punches Sheriff

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Here is the video of the mayor in Davao punching the sheriff while he was obeying a court order to evict some squatters. It appears that the Supreme Court is now investigating the incident and it gets curiouser and curiouser when the mother of the mayor, who happens to be the vice-mayor, says the daughter has no need to apologize for the punching incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hL3cEEmATE
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Davao Mayor punches Sheriff

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:10 am

Thank you, Michael for the you tube video of the sheriff punching. Where does the story go from here, huh? Where will those people be moving to, huh? What will be the outcome of the investigation? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't know for sure. This was an internationally reported story about the punching. I saw it on the local news in Texas. Maybe crispicada can supply some news since she lives in Mindanao, and may get updates as to what goes on in Davao.

It is the father of the Mayor, not the mother, who is the Vice Mayor. That is one correction to my comments.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 am

jadegil6 wrote:I don't know for sure. This was an internationally reported story about the punching. I saw it on the local news in Texas. Maybe crispicada can supply some news since she lives in Mindanao, and may get updates as to what goes on in Davao.

It is the father of the Mayor, not the mother, who is the Vice Mayor. That is one correction to my comments.

Thanks jadegil6, this was very interesting, and we will be watching for Crispicada's take on it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 am

My Dearest friends here. So sorry for not writing here for more than a couple of days because got not laptop as of now.

About the news in Davao, I am not watching actually but I am only listening the news while doing something because it was end of the month and need to prepare month end report and other reportorial reports as instructed by my chief.

Actually, I learned that the mayor of Davao Atty Sarah Duterte was asking for an extension of two hours before the demolition be done but sad to say that the sheriff did not give any chance to it. As I understand, she asked for an extension because people around that place will be panic and might get chaos in that area. So that is why she asked for it because she wants to have time to make a peace demolition if it happens.

When one of the body guards of the mayor, a PNP (Philippine National Police) uniformed personnel grabbed the sheriff towards the mayor, she punch him many times as seen in the television. In this case, it is hard for a personnel under the jurisdiction of a certain place wherein you are instructed to do something that you do not know to decide.

If you are the PNP personnel, will you follow order from the chief executive where you are working? If you did, what will you do if the mayor punch the sheriff? Will you do anything that will not cause destruction by what the mayor had done? What can you say about the attitude of the mayor? the PNP personnel? Any one comment on here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 pm

I can state that if that had happened in the US, then there would be some serious repercussions for the mayor. In the US it is a misdemeanor assault to hit another person, regardless of who they are. If that person who is hit is a member of law enforcement, such as a policeman or a sheriff, then it becomes a felony assault case. They would be arrested, and have to post a bail (pay money as a deposit to ensure they will appear for court) in order to get out of jail, and then they would be required to go through the judicial system of courts to determone their guilt or innocense, and the penalty for their behavior. Felonies usually require that the offender goes to prison, but sometimes people do get probation, especially if it is their first offense.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Chas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 am

I think I read a while back that the son of a high ranking Davao official shot a motorist (not fatally) for running a red light. A bit harsh, but I bet he does not run a red light again!
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am

Chas wrote:I think I read a while back that the son of a high ranking Davao official shot a motorist (not fatally) for running a red light. A bit harsh, but I bet he does not run a red light again!

Here they take pictures of people running red lights, there they shoot them!!!! :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:00 am

Chas, telling us about the son of the high ranking official shooting the motorist who ran a red light reminded me of what my nephew did. He shot his daughter for not minding him! What happened was that his daughter was sitting closer to her boyfriend than he wanted her to, and he asked her to move. She didn't move, so he got his, I think it was an air rifle that shoots beebees, or slugs, and he shot her in her hind end. Then she moved! Luckily he didn't damage her, nor was the child protection agency called, or he probably would have been in trouble! :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm

I believe that officials in the government has good intentions. We sometimes carried away by our emotions. Unstable emotions will always lead us to failure and that is true. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .

I heard in the news last night that the sherrif did not file any complaint against the mayor. I guess there is amicable settlement done between them.

This is the sad fact, NO COMPLAINANT, NO CASE. But at least it is for good that this problem will be settled in due time.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum