A Morning Visit

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

A Morning Visit

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 pm

When we had my brother, his wife, our former Post Master and filipina wife over for dinner the 3rd of July, my brother talked about how he loved cream! They milk a bunch of goats, so they don't get much cream that separates off the milk. We get a gallon of milk each day from our cow, and we drink all of it, and I usually drink most of it. The cow is a lesser Jersey cow, and after the gallon of milk sits there is usually about 2 or more inches of thick cream on top. We are ahead on our butter, so Carol saved 2 large butter tubs of cream for him, and we took them over to them this morning. He immediately poured cream on some dry uncooked oatmeat, and put it in the fridge to soak, and that is the way he eats it. He was very happy, and we had a very nice visit. My brother is 9 years and one month older than I am. We live really close, a couple of miles, but it is easy for us all to do our own thing and not see each other. Then when we do see each other it is so much fun we wonder why we don't do it more often. I worked for him and lived with him and his first wife as much as I lived with my own Mom and Dad when I was growing up, so he is almost like my Dad, and he is a very good guy.

I think that is a wonderful blessing the way the filipino people are close with each other, comfort each other, and help each other in times of need. The filipino people have great value in the way they live. They know how to enjoy life, take time to live and be happy. I love it the way they also have faith in God and live to please Him! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: A Morning Visit

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 pm

What is important that we always remember people while they are still in good health. We must remember them that they are in our hearts. Some people just visit their love ones when they are already in their deathbed. This is the sad fact about people.

One thing I have learn in life that the best use of time is the time to love. This is the most important in life, In fact, the Bible says that, without love we are nothing. In I corinthians 13, it speaks about hope, faith and love but the greatest among them is love. Therefore, life minus love is zero or nothing. So, let us do things with LOVE :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: A Morning Visit

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 pm

You are so right, Crisi, give the flowers while people are alive! My brother is going on 75 years old. He admitted that our family is bad to not care about seeing other family, and we need to change that. Carol, every once in a while tells me, "why don't you care whether or not you see your brother?" I love my brother, but I don't feel the need to see him often, and Carol helps me with that. It is so much fun when we do get together, telling stories, and memories, as well as remembering the past together. When I walk my big dog Scooby, I end up at his cattleguard 3 times during my evening walk, and I can see his house about a mile from there. Just to see his pleasure at seeing that cream was worth it all. You are right Crisi, that without Love our lives are zero! That is why it is not a burden to give, because we give because we love! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum