Unforgettable Experiences, share them here!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Unforgettable Experiences, share them here!

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 am

There are unforgettable experience in my life. Some are funny, some are sad, some are happy and some are bad.

One of the experiences that I have had, was when i was in the training center way back 5 years ago. It was when we have our fire drill and fire fighting to a 7 storey building. I was almost suffocate because of the smoke at the first floor. But thanks be to God I survive to that.

Another was, when I was assigned as line woman, it was so funny because the hose was big enough and maybe 4 times bigger than my wrist. I cannot fully control the hose because of the pressure while we do the fire fighting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What i did was to hang on the hose while my classmates are trying to pull over and manuever to the right and to the left. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: One time, I was drop at the other side because the hose was so heavy. My classmates laugh a lot to me. :D :D :D I laugh to my self too.

Another was when we have our fire rescue. Since I was the lightest among others, they made me as the victim to carry. So funny because my tummy was in pain because they carry me in different position, or like fire fighting carry where in they will hang you at the back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What an experince.

So how was your experiences? Hope to share your stories here and lots of things to share very soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Unforgettable Experiences, share them here!

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Crisi, you have made several references to your being small, little. Does that ever bother you, or do you ever wish you were big or tall? Where we lived from the time I was 2 years old until I was 14 or so there was a family who attended our church. The husband and father was short, short, and the wife was tall, tall for a woman, like over 6 feet tall. They had two daughters who were both tall.

My parents were both short, Mom and Dad, both, but my grandparents were all tall; strange, huh? Anyway the boys in the family were tall. I am 6 feet, and my older brother over 6 feet, but my sisters are both short. My older sister is 4 feet 10 inches tall, or should I say short. My other sister is I think 5 feet 2 inches or something like that. My older sister may be shorter than that by now from shrinkage due to age; She is 76 or 77 years old, or should I say young. I think I have heard her say that it bothers her to be so short, also that she wishes she were taller, but I don't think she is seriously upset about it. She found a short husband also who lived with her until he died a year and a half ago or so.

The funny part of this story is that she told our daughter that when she was growing up she had to carry 2 five gallon buckets of slop, water and grain mixed to the pigs. Our parents raised pigs back then, as well as cows and chickens. She told our daughter that she figured because she had to work so hard carrying those 5 gallon buckets, it stunted her growth. I never heard that before our daughter told us that is what my sister told her.

During the summer between Bible College years she drove wheat truck for our uncle in Southern Washington, and that must have been a sight for a person as small as she driving wheat trucks! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 pm

I feel insecure since I am small and people tease me a lot. :D :D :D But at least I now know how to respond to people
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:49 am

crisipicada wrote:I feel insecure since I am small and people tease me a lot. :D :D :D But at least I now know how to respond to people

You would rather be tall, Crisi, but there is nothing wrong with being small. I'm glad you know how to respond to people! Being small does not take away from your importance! I know that has bothered my small sister all of her life also. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

My past experience are the things that makes me what I am now.

In terms of family orientation, my parents got separated when i was 11 or 12 years old.

I am bothered emotionally and need love because i want a parents that are moulding their children while they are growing up.

I need someone that meet my emotional needs as much as love and affection.

That has been the struggle in my life and i feel like a prisoner of that past.

With all the fear and anger while i was with my late father, I still learn something good and valuable because if he is not treating me like a military so i have not finish my studies and go astray. Still want to thank my papa. and tell him that i love him too.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:12 pm

crisipicada wrote:My past experience are the things that makes me what I am now.

In terms of family orientation, my parents got separated when i was 11 or 12 years old.

I am bothered emotionally and need love because i want a parents that are moulding their children while they are growing up.

I need someone that meet my emotional needs as much as love and affection.

That has been the struggle in my life and i feel like a prisoner of that past.

With all the fear and anger while i was with my late father, I still learn something good and valuable because if he is not treating me like a military so i have not finish my studies and go astray. Still want to thank my papa. and tell him that i love him too.

That is very good, Crisi, that you want to thank your papa and tell him that you love him! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 am

One of my most unforgettable moment that I can't never ever forget for the rest of my life was when I was in the second year college. It was a Saturday night and everyone at the dormitory were busy studying because the mid-term exam will be held the following monday..I fell asleep at about 12 midnight when suddenly one of my doormates woke me up and she said there were drug addicts trying to get inside the dorm..and they were a group of men who belong to a fraternity...I was really scared during that time and I still remember that my hands were shaking while texting the police station asking for help..good thing they were not able to get inside the dorm but then the police arrived at around 4 am..it was such a terrible experience one could ever have especially when ur away from home...and the school didnt even do anything since according to them nobody had been hurt..they didnt even consider the emotional stress we've been through...
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 am

It is interesting that we can later laugh at some of the things that happen to us, when at the time they are anything but funny. Life brings us all kinds of experiences, some we love, some we would rather not have, and some that add character to our lives! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

I cannot forget the experience of mine when we do rappelling at the fire institute. From 6 storey building, we need to go down by using rope. Different ways on how to go down, like lizard rappel, australian rapel, standard rapel and many ways. I have fear of height and so I really cry and shout and do the rappel or else I will not pass. God was so good and good all the time, I did it. Another was, "Save for life" rescue. It was about how to save yourself from a fire trap. And the only one way is to save yourself through a rope going down while the others are holding the rope and you need to slide on it. So, LETS DO THE SLIDE FOR LIFE, LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!Unless you have heart problem like me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 pm

crisipicada wrote:I cannot forget the experience of mine when we do rappelling at the fire institute. From 6 storey building, we need to go down by using rope. Different ways on how to go down, like lizard rappel, australian rapel, standard rapel and many ways. I have fear of height and so I really cry and shout and do the rappel or else I will not pass. God was so good and good all the time, I did it. Another was, "Save for life" rescue. It was about how to save yourself from a fire trap. And the only one way is to save yourself through a rope going down while the others are holding the rope and you need to slide on it. So, LETS DO THE SLIDE FOR LIFE, LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!Unless you have heart problem like me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Heights bother me. My Dad had no fear of heights, and he said that you can always come down! Sometimes I had trouble coming down, and could go up easier than come down. My older brother is more like my Dad, but he told me that he does have some fear of heights, but he can work high. :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum