Do you believe in love at first sight?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Postby i am bob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am

Hey all! I'm new and this is my first post... so I hope i don't make a mess of it...!

I actually joined a few weeks ago... and I've read just about everything i could find on here about where i want to make my new home and the wonderful people who live there! My story is this: while scanning through the forums, I came across a post by a young woman. I wanted to "investigate" what the people on here were like so i wasn't looking at pictures that came with the profiles... In fact I read three of her posts and was mesmerized by her before I even stopped to look at her profile... and i was dumb-founded.. flabbergasted... flummoxed... and all those other words that nobody ever uses any more but then common words can't be used to describe how I felt about her! I'm not even sure if I used the right words! Suffice to say that all i could think was one word over and over and over... "WOW"! Before this I didn't really believe in love at first sight! Now? Definitely!!!

My question I would like to ask everyone is quite simple and a 2-part question.... 1) do you believe in love at first sight? and 2) if you believe in love at first sight, has it ever happened to you?

Have fun all!

Bob
it is better to hear "i love you" than to hear nothing at all...
i am bob

Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Postby red » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 am

It never happened to me so i think it is crazy to be in love at first sight. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby edeline » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:26 am

Yes I do belive in love at first sight and it happened to me. Way back when I was in college, I just liked that guy so much when I first saw him. Later on I found out that he was not just an ordinary person but he was so different. He excel in the class but the way he moved didn't show it. I admired him so much and I could not forget that man until later here came the man I started to be friend and turned out to be my bf. We had experiences and he was the only person that was on my heart and on my mind.

I experienced love at first sight but it didn't develop or flourish because we were two different type of persons. He was very shy and I was so talkative. heheheh
edeline

Postby red » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:41 am

I would call it lovestruck..but when you get to know the person deeply feeling may change or if there is no change then i would call it blinded with love.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:35 pm

It is funny that we have various phrases of terminology that mean various things. "Love at first sight" is one of them. Some people believe in love at first sight, and others do not. I saw a movie long ago, and now I don't even remember anything about the movie except that there was this scene in an exercise place. The girls were skimpily dressed in their exercise clothes, and they were doing these bending over exercises, and there was a guy behind them, and he said, "I think I am in love!" Well, I would not call that love. It might be lust, or infatuation, but not love. Now if he had pursued one of those girls he might have fallen in love. Another one you mentioned, Red, is "love struck." What does it mean to be love struck. Then after exerperience of being together the 'love struck" person either finds they are or they are not in love. We have the term "moon struck," and I think that is somewhat like "love struck." This might be to have a "moon stroke," which I understand can really happen, according to some people's opinions. There was I think the wife an important literary figure years ago that had to be kept inside the house with the curtains closed when there was a full moon; otherwise she would go kind of crazy! Then we have the term "moonshine," and I think the reason illegally produced liquor was termed moon shine is that they were making it after dark in the light of the moon so they would not get caught! Then we refer to "sunshine", just as the sun is shining brightly with no other meanings or effects intended. Put on some protection in the sunshine, so that you will not get sun burned!

So do I believe in love at first sight, well, maybe I do, and maybe I don't. For Carol and I it was almost love at first sight, and within a few weeks we were married. That has been 44 years ago. I wanted to be in love a number of times before, but it did not work out! We have had some hard times, discouragements, misunderstandings, but we are still together! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:03 pm

I agree with you Sir Ed. I saw a movie of Sandra Bullock title is ALL ABOUT STEVE it is a nice movie of Sandra and she is one of my favorites. Sandra on that movie was a puzzle maker and her parents set her up to a date with a cameraman and Sandra feels love at first with this guy. And so she was following the guy around wherever he covers for a news. It is a nice movie i cried at the tail end of it.
When two people fall in love at first sight is magical esp if relationship lasts forever.
I call it lovestruck because usually it is just a temporary feeling for those that wont be in a relationship.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

Red, in the Movie Freak posting I talked about "While You Were Sleeping." Have you seen that movie? I also enjoy Sandra Bullock, and "While You Were Sleeping" is a very interesting romantic movie that I think will make you feel really happy. We have enjoyed watching it several times.

Also we call lovestruck, puppy love. Valentine's Day in our elementary classrooms we would make a large pocket folder to hold Valentine's cards and candies. Each of the students would make a Valentine card for every other student in the room. So we would end up getting a Valentine from everyone except ourselves off course. It would often be a fun day when we would have coolaid/punch, cookies, and cake. This is the day that, even though we were little guys we would think that we were in love with someone else in the classroom. In the 1st and 2nd grade the neighbor girl and I were in love. She lived about 1/2 mile from my house. One day she ran from her house to an outhouse they had which was maybe 200 feet from there house. I was at another neighbor's house, so I was only about a 1/4 of a mile from her house. She ran out there without a stitch of clothes on. The other neighbor girl told me, "Hey, look quick," but I didn't look quick enough! I missed it! Just as well as that was something I should not have been looking at anyway. Anyway she and I were in love off and on. She would come over and play with me in the barn, and we had more fun. We were always friends, but not lovers after the 2nd grade. Then a lawyer's daughter came to live with some people from our church. She and I were both in the 3rd grade. We were really in love. We held hands, kissed, and hugged periodically. I even danced with her once, but my conscience bothered me over that as it was against our church rules to dance. She came spent time at my house and we went and played in the barn also. I had chores that I did at the barn even when I was that little, so I was out there a lot, and we would jump out of the hay loft into the hay below and have more fun. Well, she moved away, and that was the end of that. Then a family moved from Oregon who went to our church. They had a large family, and our family was good friends with their family. We all played together. They had a daughter the same age as I, and my younger brother and I were in serious competition for her. We both loved her. We both romanced her off and on. Then we moved away to another ranch a little more than an hour's drive. So than kind of ended that. I had lots of other girlfriends from that time on, but they were more serious than puppy love, but none of them lasted very long, and each one had a special story that is too long to tell at this time. Their was one girl who wrote me a letter, calling me all kinds of sweet names, and told me that she was in love with me, and had been for a while, and she could not live without me. Well the ink hardly dried on that letter before she wrote me another, telling me that her Dad did not like me, so she didn't think we had a chance! I was never so disappointed in all my life, because I liked her too! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:43 am

Edwin wrote:Red, in the Movie Freak posting I talked about "While You Were Sleeping." Have you seen that movie? I also enjoy Sandra Bullock, and "While You Were Sleeping" is a very interesting romantic movie that I think will make you feel really happy. We have enjoyed watching it several times.

Also we call lovestruck, puppy love. Valentine's Day in our elementary classrooms we would make a large pocket folder to hold Valentine's cards and candies. Each of the students would make a Valentine card for every other student in the room. So we would end up getting a Valentine from everyone except ourselves off course. It would often be a fun day when we would have coolaid/punch, cookies, and cake. This is the day that, even though we were little guys we would think that we were in love with someone else in the classroom. In the 1st and 2nd grade the neighbor girl and I were in love. She lived about 1/2 mile from my house. One day she ran from her house to an outhouse they had which was maybe 200 feet from there house. I was at another neighbor's house, so I was only about a 1/4 of a mile from her house. She ran out there without a stitch of clothes on. The other neighbor girl told me, "Hey, look quick," but I didn't look quick enough! I missed it! Just as well as that was something I should not have been looking at anyway. Anyway she and I were in love off and on. She would come over and play with me in the barn, and we had more fun. We were always friends, but not lovers after the 2nd grade. Then a lawyer's daughter came to live with some people from our church. She and I were both in the 3rd grade. We were really in love. We held hands, kissed, and hugged periodically. I even danced with her once, but my conscience bothered me over that as it was against our church rules to dance. She came spent time at my house and we went and played in the barn also. I had chores that I did at the barn even when I was that little, so I was out there a lot, and we would jump out of the hay loft into the hay below and have more fun. Well, she moved away, and that was the end of that. Then a family moved from Oregon who went to our church. They had a large family, and our family was good friends with their family. We all played together. They had a daughter the same age as I, and my younger brother and I were in serious competition for her. We both loved her. We both romanced her off and on. Then we moved away to another ranch a little more than an hour's drive. So than kind of ended that. I had lots of other girlfriends from that time on, but they were more serious than puppy love, but none of them lasted very long, and each one had a special story that is too long to tell at this time. Their was one girl who wrote me a letter, calling me all kinds of sweet names, and told me that she was in love with me, and had been for a while, and she could not live without me. Well the ink hardly dried on that letter before she wrote me another, telling me that her Dad did not like me, so she didn't think we had a chance! I was never so disappointed in all my life, because I liked her too! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Jeez....you were so young flirting :lol: ...if i were your mother i would have punished you. :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Yes, Red, if you were my mother I would have been in trouble huh? When I got to the age where it was supposed to be serious I had lots of practice. We had one fun thing we used to do. We had a metal cart on a cable. It was supposed to be used to carry manure out of the barn. The barn was set up like a dairly barn. When I was really little My parents and older brother used to milk cows. They did this by hand at one time, but then before they finished they got a milking machine. It was my job to milk for the cats. My brother would leave a little milk for me to milk for the cats. I would also shoot milk at the cats and they would catch it in mid air. The one little girl that was my friend I would put her in the manure cart, then I would push it out of the barn as fast as I could. You could also swivle the cart to dump the manure out, or who ever might be riding in the cart. We had more fun than you could imagine. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am

I just want to share this thought. There is nothing wrong to be in love at first sight but do not forget to know the person well before going further in a relationship. There might be irreconcilable differences and oh yes divorce is a pain on the wallet.
red

Next

Return to General Forum