Family

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Family

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

My older sister is over staying with my older brother and sister-in-law a couple of miles southwest of here. We don't see her often as she lives a few hundred miles away from us. She never got very big. She was 4 feet ten inches when she was in her prime, and I think she is shorter than that now with shrinkage from older age. Our daughter just texted us wanting Carol to cancel her doctor's appointment to spend time with them, but it takes 2 months to get an appointment, so we will spend as long as we are able, then excuse ourselves and go down the hill so she can see the doctor. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: Family

Postby Smiley » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Too bad the timing was off there.As long as you make a genuine effort the family should understand and support your decision. After all, its an important doctor appointment,not like she is getting her hair done or something like that.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Yes, it was important for her. The doctor was happy with her as all of her readings were improved. Most of them are not where they are supposed to be, but they are better than the last time she went in. The doctor said that she can wait 6 months if all of her readings improve, and that will help as it is expensive to see the doctor! She gets really tired, but she seems to be doing okay for all the health problems that she has. She needs to get out and get to walking, but she doesn't want to do that. One of these days she will figure out that she is out of excuses and needs to walk! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 am

At least it was fairly good news then,I`m glad of that.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 am

Thanks, Smiley, yes the doctor was happy, and Carol was happy about that. The doctor did up her depression medication a little. We have been going through hard times with our family lately with kids fighting and hating each other, and then we get caught in the middle. I helped one kid, and the other two are mad at me. They have calmed down a little, but it is still not real good. They say time heals, and I am sure in time things will get better. Even though I am the focus of some of the anger, Carol catches the brunt of it too. How bad it is, is that one of the daughters says she is dreading seeing me, because she doesn't like it that I helped her sister. The younger sister says that her twin sisters are not invited to her daughter's graduation. I am not supposed to mention this sister or her daughter to the other sisters. God only can heal those bad feelings, but in the mean time Carol has to take more depression medication! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Wow, when ego meets anger all reason seems to leave. I really hope things even out for your whole family.
I`m not that close with my family. I THINK i may have mentioned it before that my youngest child is profoundly autistic. I really had a problem when I was told that I could come to family gatherings only if I left my son somewhere else.I figured that he is going to have a hard enough time getting a fair shake from strangers in this life, he didn`t need to be treated like crap by his own family.Just as I removed most of them from my circles,they had little use for me.My longtime affiliation with certain Motorcycle clubs made them distantly nervous. That suited me just fine. I don`t hate them,talk often with a younger brother and when I run into any of the others we are civil but I really doubt we will ever again be close. I would rather invest my time with my kids,I have been very lucky with them.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Yes, Smiley that is tough when they tell you not to bring your son to family gatherings. A lot of time these people don't take ownership in the problems they have caused. They always think it is someone else's fault; someone else is to blame. This rivalry has been with our kids for a long time. It started in early adulthood, and I hope someday they will all make peace with each other, and that will be a miracle and nice! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Besides,If I didn`t stay away most of them would have nothing to talk about :lol:
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Yes, I know what you are talking about Smiley. I actually think I saw some signs of improvement today though. The twin that was so insulted and had her feeling hurt, said before that she didn't want to hear her sister's name mentioned or her neice either because she was really burned at both of them, so she told us not to even say either of their names in our conversation with her, but today she was asking questions about both of them, and told us she thought we should have them up to our place for Easter dinner, so maybe things are better. I haven't heard this twin that lives by us say that, and she was more angry than the other, but she softened before a few years ago, so maybe she will again, we hope. With God all things are possible. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 am

Edwin wrote:My older sister is over staying with my older brother and sister-in-law a couple of miles southwest of here. We don't see her often as she lives a few hundred miles away from us. She never got very big. She was 4 feet ten inches when she was in her prime, and I think she is shorter than that now with shrinkage from older age. Our daughter just texted us wanting Carol to cancel her doctor's appointment to spend time with them, but it takes 2 months to get an appointment, so we will spend as long as we are able, then excuse ourselves and go down the hill so she can see the doctor. :D :D :D :D

That won't work in my case. As long as my family is able and well, I won't cancel doctor's appointment. Unless it is emergency or someone is dying then cancel everything. Will have undivided time but let me take care of myself and see that doctor so this "barking" of mine will stop ASAP. I just visited my doctor today and glad i have medicines to take for seven days. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Next

Return to General Forum