"Should you take your own life?"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

"Should you take your own life?"

Postby chaychay644 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:26 am

Each year millions of young people or even adults attempt to take their own life. Thousands of these attempts succeed. But, why do some people choose to end their lives?

Some youths experience problems that they see no reason to continue living. Committing suicide is for them the easiest way to end their problems. I still remember when I was in college, one of my door-mates attempted suicide coz her bf left her.

When undergoing distress, always bear in mind. No matter how dire a situation may seem, in time things will change. No one is stranger to adversity. Things change, often for the better. In some cases, problems might be alleviated in ways that you couldn’t have predicted. In other cases, you may discover away of coping that you hadn’t reconsidered.

The point is, distressing problems will not stay at the same forever & for every problem there is a practical solution for it. Life is too precious to be wasted. Live life to the fullest & make every minute of it happy & with confident that you can cope up with all those obstacles that come on your way.
chaychay644

Re: "Should you take your own life?"

Postby Chas » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:16 am

This can be a really emotive subject with strong views. The simple answer to your question in your title is NO. But what about the person in great pain and with a terminal illness. Everybody has views which are right for them. We are going to be having a debate here in the UK on assisted suicide following a recent courtcase brought by a terminally ill woman worried that her husband will be prosecuted for murder if he takes her to Switzerland where assisted suicide is allowed.

Sorry - this is a very complex subject and I am not sure this is the appropriate forum for it. Perhaps the title of the post could be changed to "Why do people take their own life" which I think more closely represents what you have written.
Chas

Postby chaychay644 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 am

[quote="Chas"]Sorry - this is a very complex subject and I am not sure this is the appropriate forum for it. Perhaps the title of the post could be changed to "Why do people take their own life" which I think more closely represents what you have written.[/quot

Well, it's my title on the article I've written. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaychay644

Postby cutegen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 am

God made us..so we dont have right to take our own life..and besides He never give us cross (problem, pain) that we cant carry...because He is the one who made us, He knows already our own strength and capabilities...
cutegen

Postby chaychay644 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am

cutegen wrote:God made us..so we dont have right to take our own life..and besides He never give us cross (problem, pain) that we cant carry...because He is the one who made us, He knows already our own strength and capabilities...

Yeah, your right cutegen :P :P :P theres always a solution in every problem that comes in our way :roll: :roll: :roll:
chaychay644

Postby Joey » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Here's how I see it.

If something is so bad that I can not go on living, then things are at their worst, therefore things will get better.

If things do get even worse, then things weren't so bad after all, which means it was somewhat silly to think that I can not go on living.
Joey

Postby cutegen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 am

chaychay644 wrote:
cutegen wrote:God made us..so we dont have right to take our own life..and besides He never give us cross (problem, pain) that we cant carry...because He is the one who made us, He knows already our own strength and capabilities...

Yeah, your right cutegen :P :P :P theres always a solution in every problem that comes in our way :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is it really possible? or can i ask Him to take me in this unlucky world for me?

i am very troubled and depressed now and i dont have anyone to tell all my problems...i am afraid to tell it to anyone that i can think of doing it...:(( :((...hope God can realize that i am not all that strong to take all this problem...i am talk to a nun and wanted to ask some of her advices and i would love to have retreat or recollection to meditate myself...huhuhuhuhuhu.......sorry to anyone that can read i am just so emotional...but i am really serious...i hope God can enlighten me now....
cutegen

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 am

cutegen wrote:
chaychay644 wrote:

i am very troubled and depressed now and i dont have anyone to tell all my problems...i am afraid to tell it to anyone that i can think of doing it...:(( :((...hope God can realize that i am not all that strong to take all this problem...i am talk to a nun and wanted to ask some of her advices and i would love to have retreat or recollection to meditate myself...huhuhuhuhuhu.......sorry to anyone that can read i am just so emotional...but i am really serious...i hope God can enlighten me now....

Yeah, prayers helps a lot whenever you have a problem. Don't know why, but somehow it helps to enlighten your mind on what is the best thing that you should do. Just keep on praying and ask for his guidance. Don't lose hope. Problems are just a part of our life. Coz life will never be that wonderful w/o it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
chaychay644

Postby leyte02 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:57 am

WHY.... life is worth living. God give us one life here on this hell hole either nurture it or lose it.... it is all up to you. People that take their own life are cowards and have nothing in regards to the love one left behind. Same as those sick and in pain. Nobody should take their own life. Pain and suffering is what these world is made of to be able to exit and met god/allah. This is part of our life. Let nature takes it course. We have to be strong to go through this suffering or else we will never know what life is about. I treasure my life everyday not to take my own life away. I think we should take life ahead on and go for it.
leyte02

Postby cutegen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 am

thank you for the advice leyte... i am really just disappointed and depressed with my life...
i even wanted to attend a retreat or recollection coz i always blame God when i have problems...i know that it was terrible but that is true
cutegen

Next

Return to General Forum