The first step

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

The first step

Postby DavidM » Thu May 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a quick moment to say hello and introduce myself. I'm writing in from Jacksonville, Florida, USA. I just recently decided to give this foreign relationship thing a try. I think I like this setup here because it's not a mailorder bride kind of thing, but meeting real people and building your own relationships.

Here's my experience so far. I'm just getting started and completely new. I stumbled on the site while doing research and saw the listings. I was amazed at the huge selection and even more at the quality of selection. I just don't find this type of family and moral mindset with most people from where I'm at.

I write software for a living, so in 20 minutes I was able to put together something that would narrow down the 293 pages of selections to just the age range I was looking for into a Word document and have everything at my fingertips. I made some selections and emailed for the contact info. I was again surprised that they only list a street address and no email or anything.

I've never sent any letters or packages outside of work to a foreign address. Does anyone have any tips on this? I figured I would make my introduction by hand-writing the letter and give an intro about me along with a couple of good pictures. I guess I will see how it goes and what happens.
DavidM

Re: The first step

Postby jadegil6 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:43 pm

In my experiences I have about a 90% success rate of getting the letters to the receiver, but if there is any cash in the envelope (for internet or a return letter), then many of those letters are opened before they reach the recipient, and the money gets taken....usually the letter still gets delivered. Letters do make more of an impact than an email.
Although there are still some ladies who mail me an application, those are becoming more rare. A few weeks ago, I published a notice that I have stopped accepting mailed applications. So all of the new additions from now on should have emails. I think that about 80% of the ladies who have been added over the past 4 years do have email addresses. I decided to stop accepting mailed apps because I plan on moving to the Philippines in less than a year, and I wouldn't be able to get any letters mailed to the US. Maybe after I decide upon where I will live on a more permanent basis, then I might start accepting mailed applications once again.
If the ladies who you have asked for do not have email addresses, then you can always ask for others.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby DavidM » Thu May 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Wow so you're saying that I probably picked out nothing but 4 year old profiles? lol just my luck cold and dead leads :)
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Fri May 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Sir Michael, I will bet you are looking forward with great anticipation to your move to the Philippines? I wouldn't mind living there myself. I hope that it all works out great for you, and that you will be very happy with that. The wonderful thing about communication the way it is now, is that it doesn't make a lot of difference for communication whether you are in Texas or in the Philippines. Things should work about the same, huh? It will be nice when you do settle to where you can receive mail as well as e-mail. I will bet you can hardly wait, huh? :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm

David,
I wish you well in your search for your "asawa". You have found one of the gems right here... nice start! I would also suggest another site I use a great deal... http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com This site has a lot of information on the visa process and communications by phones, all sorts of information. I heartily suggest both that site and this as a great way to meet people.

I would suggest that you try to use this site before trying any of the more "dating" type sites. Your quality of contact here seems to be much higher for those that seek "... family and moral mindset.." If we can be of help, just ask... The ladies here are also a great resource. They can give you the perspective for the ladies you will be seeking. Keep in mind just because they speak English, does not mean that it is understood the same as we understand it. You will find that will be a big obstacle to overcome.... understanding each other when you think you are being obvious.

Best of luck.

Bill
fenmoor

Postby DavidM » Fri May 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the link, Bill. I appreciate and welcome any information like this. I fully expect communication to be a challenge. It's a challenge even when you are both raised in the same neighborhood! I will certainly take your advice and try here first.
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Fri May 04, 2012 7:04 pm

I will agree with Bill and others that this is the best site here! You will find great people here with a Christian orientation, and I think they are the best. The site owner, Sir Michael works hard to keep this a great site, holding high standards, and keeping people accoutable for their actions. This is a great place to be! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum