Another Cancer Victim

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Another Cancer Victim

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 am

At church this morning the Pastor prayed for a man that I know, in fact I am almost related to him, mentioned his name, and Carol told me that in the church bulletin it said that he has cancer starting in this prostate gland, and it is spreading through his body. Unless a miracle takes place he will probably not live long. He is a Christian guy, as are many of his family and relative members, so that is comforting. His brother's daugher is my cousin by marriage, and I am blood relative with her children. He has a filipina wife who is a very good friend of my friends whose wife is also a filipina. Her daughter is in her early 20s and lives and works in Manila. They are trying to bring her to the USA, but for adult children the wait is long, and I think she has several years yet. I am really sad to hear about this man's condition, but God knows and it is all in His hands. He and his filipina wife are Christians who attend the same church we do, so we don't sorrow as the ones do who have no hope, because we have our hope in Jesus! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: Another Cancer Victim

Postby red » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:32 am

Yes i agree on that there is always hope as long as we live. Will add that on prayers.
This is my favorite motto in bisaya. " bahala pobre basta healthy."
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Smiley » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Once it starts spreading like that it`s time to go home. Sounds like this guy has his relationship with god well established.I hope he passes peacefully and that his family is well.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you, Smiley! It is kind of funny, but I don't even know a lot of my own relatives. Some of our relatives were not close when we were growing up, and now only after some of them have died we are getting together with the next generation and establishing friendships with them.

I knew 2 of this guys brothers, but I didn't know him before I went to the Philippines with my friends. The one brother is the father of my cousin's wife, whose children I am related to. This brother I worked with in a school, with me at that time doing teaching assistant work, and he was a janitor, so I visited with him a lot while we both were watching elementary school kids eat their lunches to try to keep good manners and stop any food throwing that might get started. So I got to know this brother well, and he was almost related to me. Another brother I knew from his job as bus driving maintenance and bus driving supervisor. The brother that has cancer I thougth I knew, but I had him confused with a much younger person with the same last name. So I would tell them, "Yes, I know him, but no I didn't know him." As it turned out my he and my brother did know each other. On our return from the Philippine's my friends and I stopped at their house and visited with them as well as eating also. Like I said in another post, we had just eaten a couple of times in two different malls with their daughter in Manila. He also was the assistant school bus driver for this route. The regular bus driver got ran over by a tractor, and he had to be in the convelescent home while recovering, and during that time this guy drove the bus that picked up our grandkids. I was very sad hearing about him having cancer in that late stage, but yes he is a commited practicing Christian, so I know that he knows where he is going, and has settled things between his soul and his savior. We will miss him though, and I am sad that I did not know him before, and the Philippine connection is what caused us to get to know each other. I have seen him in church several times, but our church is large, and he seems to be in a hurry to get home afterwards, so I have not been successful to visit with him at church. Well, we will have lots of visiting in heaven! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby julietcabasagjoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 am

hi edwin this is juliet im searching a man hos love to me in sirios.im work in cavite ..
julietcabasagjoy

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi julietcabasagjoy, we are glad to see you here. We hope and pray that God will grant you to have someone for you who will love you! This is a very friendly place, and you will find the people here kind and helpful. Jump in and write some posts, respond to some posts, ask questions, and start your own new posts. We all love to see new people come here, and we like to see them returning. You might consider having a profile on jaderune.com. The first page you came to has the link to get information on how to get a profile. Two important things are that you must send a picture of yourself, and you have to send your application for your profile by e-mail. Good luck and God Bless You! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum