Age difference

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Age difference

Postby BigBlastGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Filipinas--what age difference will you accept in an American man?
BigBlastGuy

Re: Age difference

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:15 pm

BigBlastGuy wrote:Filipinas--what age difference will you accept in an American man?

5 years and up older than my age. Why? Because according to psychologist, to level up the mental capacity of a woman to man- the man must be 5 years older to the woman's age. So I would prefer older than me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Could be 5 years or 8 years or more :P :P :P :P :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby red » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm

oh pls not so old that it would look like your grampa beside you. age wont matter for some but lots of people would make fun of ya. like when you get to states..some people think young filipinas are under 18 so they call them kid. so when you holding hands of oldie man they think badly. you may not care what people say but you would feel affected at some point. so lots to consider here.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Different people have differing opinions about age differences. I think in our culture there is more apt to be discrimination over age differences than in the Philippines. It is my impression that many filipinas are happy to marry older men. I have heard this before that in the Philippines there is no big deal made over the age difference, but when the filipina and the western guy are in America, for instance or another western country, some people will think unkind thoughts and say unkind things. The couple needs to decide if that is something they can deal with. Personally I wouldn't mind the age difference at all, and I would say let them talk, and let them think. If the couple is happy and secure with each other that is all that counts I think. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby BigBlastGuy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:17 pm

crisipicada wrote:
BigBlastGuy wrote:Filipinas--what age difference will you accept in an American man?

5 years and up older than my age. Why? Because according to psychologist, to level up the mental capacity of a woman to man- the man must be 5 years older to the woman's age. So I would prefer older than me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Could be 5 years or 8 years or more :P :P :P :P :P

I see JadeRune profiles, many Filipinas in their early 20s say up to 55 years old man is good or age does not matter. Of course every situation is different but I wonder will most Filipinas:
(1) really love a much older western man
(2) think she does not have much choice, will take the much older man because she seeks finances and security, but she will probably never really love the much older man.

Will she truly love the much older man or just be happy (but not deep romantic love) because he provides money and security ?
BigBlastGuy

Postby Smiley » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 pm

When you generalize things too much you are always at risk of missing out.
I used to see a lot of guys with much younger Philippina wives and was told that they never considered age as important.I also noticed that I did not see that many Philippinas with Philippino guys all that much older than themselves so you have to wonder where the reality is. Every situation is unique.Period.
Everything in life is a trade off.Hopefully it can be beneficial and nurturing to all parties.
Age gap relationships are all over the world,not just in the P.I. My last serious relationship was with a woman who is about to turn 26, I am 59. Before her I briefly dated someone who was 31.
If you spend too much time worrying about age perhaps it is time to revisit what it is you are looking for.
I would be very happy to build a strong,permanent relationship with someone,youth is only one tiny little facet of the diamond.
Smiley

Postby BigBlastGuy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Smiley wrote:When you generalize things too much you are always at risk of missing out.
I used to see a lot of guys with much younger Philippina wives and was told that they never considered age as important.I also noticed that I did not see that many Philippinas with Philippino guys all that much older than themselves so you have to wonder where the reality is. Every situation is unique.Period.
Everything in life is a trade off.Hopefully it can be beneficial and nurturing to all parties.
Age gap relationships are all over the world,not just in the P.I. My last serious relationship was with a woman who is about to turn 26, I am 59. Before her I briefly dated someone who was 31.
If you spend too much time worrying about age perhaps it is time to revisit what it is you are looking for.
I would be very happy to build a strong,permanent relationship with someone,youth is only one tiny little facet of the diamond.

I am not worried, perhaps it is time you revisit the original question.

I specifically asked for Filipina opinion on age difference because I am interested to understand how Filipinas feel about big age differences. The opinion of old western men is redundant because it's a well established biological fact that most old western men are very happy to have a much younger woman--no need to restate the obvious.

I am interested to understand how Filipinas feel about a big age difference.
BigBlastGuy

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Ok, my wife, Carol's, cousin is married to a filipina. He is a quite a bit over 6 feet; I don't know his actual height, but I am 6 feet and he is quite a bit taller than I am. His filipina is short, short, and again I am not sure of her exact height. What do you think their age difference is? His filipina is 15 years older than he is. He has been married 3 times, including this one, and this is the only one that has lasted any time at all, and I think they have been married since the mid 1980s. They have been very happy together. I think she now has alziemer's disease, which is very sad, and they are living in an assisted living place in Arizona. He was a barber all his working life, and did house repairs as a sideline. They had a shop near our place in the late 1980s, and he cut the hair, and she worked on peoples nails. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 am

crisipicada wrote:

haha it really depends on each person's mental maturity, of course... Since i am 47 but act like I am 21 :) :) :)

Bill
fenmoor

Postby red » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Bbg, pinay women end up to marry old white men because most men that looking for pinays
are in the ages of 40-60s. Seldom young white men of 30s that are looking for marriage. Usually older men are the ones that are financially stable. For instance, i have a friend in college she got married an american who is lot older than her when she got to states she got star struck with so many young men...she thought oh my i didnt see them before. The thought also of most pinay women is that older men usually stick forever and they are loyal and loving. Pinays like to be pampered and spoiled. Lots of older white men likes to spoil their young women. So you would wonder if they are after for financial security or just want to be secured in love. Its up to you guys to find out. Dont feed too much a girl with material stuff at first true love shines when you are tested at hard times.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Next

Return to General Forum