Moderator: youngj

Do not lower your standard

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Do not lower your standard.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Do not lower your standard

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:00 pm

How many times you have lowered your standard and make compromise because you are lonely? Not just being lonely but in some other reasons? What are the reasons why you compromise things, do not lower your standard. Despite of our imperfections, we must stand again and start a new life with integrity. It is all about what believe that stands - not rules that we set that stands in the midst of testing. We must not lower our standard.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:53 pm

I have been guilty of lowering my standards too far several times in the past.
Anymore,integrity and fidelity are two of the more important aspects of my life.I think a lot of us have found ourselves in situations where we have been treated pretty poorly.It sometimes seems to creep up on us. We go along to preserve the peace and finally reach a point when we realize that we are the only one putting an effort into the relationship.
There comes a time when we have to wake up and do what we can to fix the situation.Sometimes the offending party can be made to see their error, Sometimes the only fix is to end the situation altogether.
I agree with you though,It is important to hold on to your standards,it`s a matter of self-respect.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 am

Yes, I agree with you, Crisi and Smiley, that it is important to keep your standards high! Compromising standards because of loneliness is not good. As Crisi said even if you slip up with your standards, get in there and get your standards back up where they belong. With the Lord's help get in there and get a new start, and keep your standards as God would want you to! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum