Are You In Love With a Machine?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Are You In Love With a Machine?

Postby Edwin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 pm

This might upon first sight seem to be a silly question, but it is very serious and very philosophical. I have always like cars. When I was about 14 years old I was dreaming about new cars and checking on what they would cost. At that time in the mid 1950s you could buy and new Chevy for around $2000.00, a new Oldsmobile, Pontiac, or Buick for around $3000.00, and you could get a new Cadillac for $4000.00, and boy have those days changed. Now it is 10 to 15 thousand for the Chevy, 20 to 30 thousand for the Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, and probably 40 or 50 thousand for the Cadillac. After Carol and I had been married for about 10 or so years I had a good job, so I bought a brand new semi luxery small Ford for $6000.00. We banged it up a bit; Carol went to sleep, ran off the road, and then she didn't see a short telephone box, so she mashed one of the fenders, we ran the wheels off from it, put a little more that 100,000 miles on it, and sold that car. I always dreamed of having a Cadillac, and my sister has owned several of them, but they have more money than I do. I do have a Chrysler van which is kind of the equivallent of a Cadillac, but I paid less money for that car than most any car I have owned. The kids didn't want to bang it up on the rough roads, so I bought it, taking over their payments, paying it off, now it is affordable for us. I drive slower than they do, and I decided to work on it myself, which I am capable of doing. I just replaced all the front end brake parts, and I will be putting new struts on it shortly, so it is fun to think I am saving a little money, and then I just have to change the oil periodically, and be careful that I don't rock break any tires, which I have done really well with, and all will be great!

My brother reminded me once while riding for cows that a horse is not a machine, and you can't treat one like a machine. You don't put him/her into gear, pull out the clutch, push on the accellerator and go. You have to treat that animal with kindness and realize that he/she gets tired, gets hungry, and has bad moods also.

I was in love with flying airplanes for a short time. I dreamed of owning an airplane, but I never did. An airport operator who had been a retired military pilot reminded me that an airplane is just a machine, and why be in love with a machine. They cost too much money just to have fun with, unless you have lots of money. They can be danterous unless you use your head while you are flying one of them. We had a neighbor that would fly to his field, run out of gasoline, drain gas out of one of his tractors to put in that airplane, then fly away, and my brother said that it was a wonder that he was still alive. Well, he had to stop flying eventually because he got diabetes, and they won't allow people in this country with diabetes to pilot airplanes. This guy did love machines, because I heard him talk about them that way.

Love God, love your g/f, b/f, your husband, your wife, your kids and your animals, but don't love a machine! Well, I guess you can love a machine if you want to. It is not very worthwhile to get too attached to things, because there is coming a day when God is going to burn up all these things, and then only the people who do the will of the Father are going to survive. I John 2:15; "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16; For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17; And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of
God abideth forever.

Do you want to live forever? You can you know, by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and then living for Him. Thank You, Jesus! :D :D
Edwin

Re: Are You In Love With a Machine?

Postby crisipicada » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm

There are things that I love, like I love to play piano but it seems playing piano do not love me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love to play guitar, but playing guitar does not like me.

I wanted to drive car, but I am scared even i already undergo driving lesson. What Can i do?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

What you do, Crisi, is that you get an old car and put heavy iron bumpers on it, then people will get out of your way! No, I'm just kidding. As you drive, Crisi, you will gain confidence, and then you will not be scared or worried. I was driving since I was sitting on my Dad's lap, so I don't ever remember when I wasn't driving. I drove a lot all over the country before I was even old enough to have a license. My Dad got worried once after an incident, so my brother and I walked 5 miles to catch the school bus into I turned 16 years old and could drive legally. I went for my license the day I turned 16, and ran a stop sign, so I came back a week later, passed my test, and got my license. I have hauled horses, cattle, hay, and for 10 years I drove passenger buses hauling anywhere from 10 to 60 people on a very narrow road next to a lake. I have pulled over and allowed people to drive by me, because my bus was so large and the other driver was scared. I learned to pilot airplanes, but I never flew enough to get really good at it. They say there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots, because the bold pilots get too brave and do something that causes them to crash.

You are brave to ride that motorcycle. Not everyone can do that. I worked with a guy that the police officer saw him make an unsafe manuver, so he made him get off his motorcycle.

The piano and guitar will get so they love you, Crisi. It is just a matter of time and patience! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Don`t worry about how good you are Crisi:If you enjoy it do more of it!
As far as it goes for loving a machine. . . . I don`t know about love but I do prefer the company of my old Harley a lot more than some of the people that I have known over the years.I think that a lot of people can relate to what I`m saying.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Yes, I will agree, Smiley, if Crisi loves it she should do it more, and that will reciprocate its own reward. Yes, Smiley, I think companies like the Harley are one of a kind. They are unique and almost have personality. You just don't get the same effect I don't think with a Honda or a Yamaha. The Honda or Yamaha might get you there, but the Harley will get you there in class! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum