Running Water in the House

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Running Water in the House

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm

For the first time after 4 years we have water in 2 bathrooms, at the clothes washer, no hoses, though, and water in the kitchen. Carol's dishwasher didn't get hooked up as it was too late, and we were short of the parts we needed to hook her dishwasher up. We can actually run water at every sink now, and flush each toilet without carrying water! We can also take showers with running water out of the shower head, and no more jug showers!

I have worked really hard to get to this point, and for 3 summers I dug through hard pan and rocks! One of the summers I was late getting started because I cut my thumb badly and couldn't hold on to a shovel handle; good excuse, huh? Then last summer I got sick, not feeling sick, just bleeding internally, and stopped digging until the doctor told me that he thought I was okay. Then this last summer I worked harder than you can imagine from April 16th until August 7th. My son-in-law pushed me to that deadline, telling me we needed to beat the cold weather and winter, but he couldn't get started helping me with the construction part of it until late September, and then we had so many interruptions that I thought it would never get finished. I think about 3 different days we worked until 2, 3, and 4 a.m., and last night was one of them. My son-in-law told me last night that before we went to be we would have the water ready to work, and I didn't believe him, but it turned out he was telling the truth. I was cold, but I sat down on a concrete blocks while things were slow, and I fell asleep several times just sitting there. Today I shoveled a lot of dirt against the wall so that it would be easier to lay the last layer of blocks. The block wall is finished except for about 10 or 12 blocks that are outside, and even with the house. We are also going to mortor in blocks agaist the house where the cellar is. So I am very thankful to the Lord for helping me and for everyone else who helped as well! It feels really good to have accomplished this much. I still have to finish building me wall around the house as well as insulating underneath where the water pipes are, and where insulation is missing from before we got this place. :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum