Snow Removal

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Snow Removal

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Carol just returned from the kids' house, from her first mini birthday party. She told me that our kids called our neighbors about plowing our road in from our mailbox/gate. They have diesel powered caterpillers and road graders, and they are large farm/ranch operators, so they have the equipment. If they plow our road we are going to take our vehicles, us our Van, and the kids' will take their Ford Explorer and park them at the gate/mailbox. Then we will only have to walk one quarter of a mile, and we will be able to drive where ever we want, providing the County has the County road open, which will not be all the time, but enough of the time, so that we can leave and then came back when we need to do that. They were only able to leave a message as they were not there to answer their telephone. So, I really hope that happens, and that will be nice. They have helped us that way in years past, one time since we have been living here, actually during our first winter here, and now this is 4 years later! :D :D
Edwin

Re: Snow Removal

Postby Smiley » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I just left Church a while ago and there is a fresh blanket of snow covering everything.Normally I hate snow with a passion usually reserved for liberal politicians but tonight it was really quite beautiful. Fresh snow seems to muffle the sounds of the city as well.Very nice for Christmas eve.
Smiley

Re: Snow Removal

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 am

Yes, Smiley, in this part of the country there is nothing more discouraging than having a black Christmas without any snow. The people who work with electricity are always concerned about the water shed if there is not any or not enough snow going into the winter. They are concerned about the water shed that keeps the rivers, creeks, and streams flowing, and also keeps water in the high altitude lakes. We do nee the water. Then in this country we need snow to go into the ground later in the spring to have moisture to grow our crops. I am in agreement with you Smiley about the feelings about snow, as it is proven very inconvinient for us lately, but it is still needed, and it has some wonderful effects as you have mentioned. It is beautiful loaded on the bows of the trees, but it also breaks down power lines, and was the cause of a 20 hour electrical outage. It was out while we were gone, and for hours after we returned, but the weather was warmer, so it worked out okay. We just need to get some wood so that we can heat our house with our wood kitchen cook stove in case of an electrical outage. The snow drifts are also beautiful, and it is even fun to watch the snow blowing in the air! But it has caused me to get a lot of exercise, but that is okay as long as I can keep warm enough, keep safe, and don't hurt my body! We came up the hill today with it snowing, but it had not accumulated enough to make it difficult to drive and pull the steep hills. :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum