Plan B

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Plan B

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:36 pm

If we had any idea that the storm would occur as it has we would never have driven in to our house, but we did, and our car is here stranded! Our son-in-law tried to move some of the snow from the road with his tractor, and he found it far to heavy and packed to move it. Then I heard that he was just going to drive over it enough to pack it down, then we were going to drive out. I walked out this morning and the drifts are like ridges and I am afrai he might tip his tractor over trying to do that. Our kids made a plea to our neighbors, but they may not even have heard that message, or they might have troubles enough of their own in these storms trying to feed their cattle. Our son-in-law is out now trying to break a make shift road out through the pasture/field, and then when he gets it plowed enough to drive our cars, we will drive out, and leave our cars out by the mailbox/gate until the danger of storms is past, and that will probably be February or March! So, it will be interesting to see what happens, and he will come get us when we need to drive down there to the mailbox/gate. :D :D
Edwin

Re: Plan B

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 pm

After we had eaten most of our supper I saw that our son-in-law was not out pushing snow, so I thought he had given up for the night, or maybe forever! But after a little warming up break, perhaps eating and resting as well, he is back out there on his tractor working to get enough snow moved so that we can drive out. It is a terrible huge job with the large snow drifts that are out there! No doubt he will stay with it until we are both able to drive our cars out to the mailbox/gate! I would feel more sorry for him, but on a tractor he is like a kid with a toy! He loves it. I put in my time doing those kinds of things years ago; H International tractor with a bucket, and a mechanical loader/stacker that my Dad and older brother built; an old TD9 International with a large blade on the front; we also used it to pull ploughs, discs and so on in the field; R Johndeeres that we used to pull equipment in the field, also a 5010 Johndeere tractor that we used for the same purpose; M International pulling equipment in the field, and then swathers, self propelled, with sticks for steering, International combines, Oliver Combines, so I have done lots of it in my early life, but none of it after I was 30 years old! :D :D
Edwin

Re: Plan B

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 pm

This is a play by play! It looks like our son-in-law is down by the mailbox/gate now! It seemed like he worked forever right out here, but then that is where the worst of the drifting was, and when I walked down there this morning to try to figure out if there was anything I could/should do, I noticed a lot of it in the middle was not that deep, so that part was no doubt really easy to clear and went quickly. Right at the gate there is a huge drift, large, wide, every way huge, but it is just one drift so I expect it will go quickly now, and shortly we will no doubt have our cars out! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum