How to have relationship with Jesus, and the need to be save

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

How to have relationship with Jesus, and the need to be save

Postby Edwin » Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm

How to have relationship with Jesus, and the need to be saved. We started watching a movie this evening that was so boring that we shut it off, but before we did they had a scene where this little boy was viewing his grandmother in her casket, and he was grieving intensely because he loved his grandmother. The vicor, I guess that is what he was, said to the little boy, "If you are good, and do good things you will go to heaven soon and be with your grandmother, but if you are bad and do bad things you will go to hell, and you will never see your grandmother again. There is some truth to that, because God does want us to be good and do good, but being good and doing good will not get us to heaven. There are going to be a lot of good people in hell because they failed to accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. There are many religions in the world, and most of them have their system for doing good, but most of them fail to show that Jesus Christ is the way to get to heaven. Of the many religions in the world there are not many that encourage a relationship with Jesus, and without it people will be eternally lost, eternally separated from God and Christian loved ones.

I Timothy 2:5; "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." Jesus is the go between, and He represents our interests before the Father. Jesus pleads our cause. We will never get to God the Father except through Jesus Christ the Son.

When Paul and Silas were in jail for their faith in Jesus, there was an earthquake that freed the prisoners of their bands, and the prison doors opened up. It was quite a serious thing for the jailer to have prisoners escape, so he was going to kill himself rather than face the authorities for allow prisoners to go free. But Paul called to him, telling him not to harm himself because they are all still there. The jailer brought Paul and Silas out and asked them what he could do to be saved. There answer was, Acts 16:31; "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and they house." :D :D
Edwin

Re: How to have relationship with Jesus, and the need to be

Postby Edwin » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 pm

The Bible says that "All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned everyone to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him the stipes of us all." All of us have sinned, and none of us get through life without doing things that are wrong and sinning. We were born in sin and shapened in iniquity, meaning because we are children of Adam and Eve we were born with the original sin. We are innocent until we reach a certain age that we are accountable for our own sins. We may sin while we are in the innocent age, but those sins are not held against us, but after the age of accountability those sins are held against us, and we continue to live a life of sin, commiting numerous sins. That is what this scripture from Isaiah is saying. So we need a saviour to deliver us from those sins and provide forgiveness. Lambs were sacrificed in the old testament looking forward to Jesus. Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Jesus was sacrificed just as that lamb was, and we have the forgiveness of sins and eternal life because of what Jesus did for us, as we ask Him to forgive us of our sins and give us eternal life.

None of us are good enough to escape God's judgement for sins, which is eternal separation from God and eternal death in hell and the lake of fire. None of us are bad enough that we can't be saved. One of the thieves dying on the cross with Jesus found salvation. The apostle Paul was guilty of murder, and yet he found forgiveness, eternal life, and because one the greatest warriors for Jesus Christ who ever lived.

Zacchaeus was a publican, a tax collector and a theif, and he found salvation. Zacchaeus found Jesus, repented of this sins, returned money that he had stolen, and found salvation from Jesus. Luke 19:9; "And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 10; For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 am

Jesus was teaching the people, and he spoke to some of these who trusted in themselves that they were righteous people and despised others. This is like we are the good people and we can throw stones at the bad people. Jesus told about these two people who went up to the temple to pray. One of them was a Pharisee, a religious leader of the people, the kind who have a Doctor of Divinity behind their name. Jesus said that this Pharisee prayed with himself about how good he was, and God did not hear him, as he was praying with himself and not to God. He prayed about how he was not like all the sinners who were guilty of terrible things, and he thought that surely he would be accepted of God because he was so good. But Jesus said that when he went to his house he was not justified, but God still held his sins against him. But the Publican, the sinner, the tax collector, who was dishonest, in his humility he knew that he was in trouble with God, and he did not pray about how good he was, but he would not even lift his eyes to heaven, but hit is chest in contrition, saying, "God be merciful to me a sinner." Jesus said that this publican went to his house justified, made just, just as if he had not sinned. So if you want God to hear you, don't tell Him how good you are, but beg for His forgiveness and His mercy, and then you will find it.

In I John 2:1; John says, don't sin. It is always better if you don't sin, but if you get caught in sin, you have a advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2; "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Romans 10:8; "But what saith it?, or what says the scriptures, The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 am

Jesus was teaching the people, and he spoke to some of these who trusted in themselves that they were righteous people and despised others. This is like we are the good people and we can throw stones at the bad people. Jesus told about these two people who went up to the temple to pray. One of them was a Pharisee, a religious leader of the people, the kind who have a Doctor of Divinity behind their name. Jesus said that this Pharisee prayed with himself about how good he was, and God did not hear him, as he was praying with himself and not to God. He prayed about how he was not like all the sinners who were guilty of terrible things, and he thought that surely he would be accepted of God because he was so good. But Jesus said that when he went to his house he was not justified, but God still held his sins against him. But the Publican, the sinner, the tax collector, who was dishonest, in his humility he knew that he was in trouble with God, and he did not pray about how good he was, but he would not even lift his eyes to heaven, but hit is chest in contrition, saying, "God be merciful to me a sinner." Jesus said that this publican went to his house justified, made just, just as if he had not sinned. So if you want God to hear you, don't tell Him how good you are, but beg for His forgiveness and His mercy, and then you will find it.

In I John 2:1; John says, don't sin. It is always better if you don't sin, but if you get caught in sin, you have a advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2; "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Romans 10:8; "But what saith it?, or what says the scriptures, The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 am

In John chapter 15 Jesus talks about the Vine and the Branches. Jesus is the vine. He is the one who has the life in him, and that life flows to the branches, and we are the branches. We receive our life from Jesus. If we remain in Him we live. If we don't remain in Him we get removed and burned, which means that if we don't remain with Jesus we will end up in hell and eventually the lake of fire.

In John chapter 10 Jesus tells us that He is the good shepherd, and we are the sheep, His sheep of His pasture. He takes care of us and provides safety for us just as the shepherd provides for his sheep. The shepherd leads his sheep to pasture, to water, and to the sheep fold/shelter at night for safety.

Psalm 23 is a beautiful Psalm! 1; "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2; He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3; He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4; Yea, thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me> 5; Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6; Sureely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

I have only scratched the surface on this subject. The Bible is full of information about it. We do need a relationship with Jesus Christ, and He needs to be Lord of all, our Lord, and we do need to be saved. No one will see God without holiness, and not one will see God except through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 am

Acts 4:12; "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

All roads do not lead to heaven! There is the broad way to destruction and many find it, there is the narrow way to heaven and eternal life and few find it.

All religions do not lead to God and heaven. Many people want to believe this, but it simply is not true. It does not matter how good you are, if you miss the way to heaven through Jesus, you will not get there. We want to accept all religions, but all religions are not good, because people become deceived and end up going to hell because of those religions. :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sir Ed it is an enlightenment. :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:55 pm

You are welcome, Red, and thanks for the compliment! :D :D
Edwin

Postby jasmine78888 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 pm

it is really nice post i like this info i appreciate this post keep it up......... :lol:
Jasmine
jasmine78888

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you, jasmine, for the positive feedback! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum