I just read this today

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

I just read this today

Postby red » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 am

Implementation of the Supreme Court Ruling on the Defense of Marriage Act

Statement from Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano:

“After last week’s decision by the Supreme Court holding that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional, President Obama directed federal departments to ensure the decision and its implication for federal benefits for same-sex legally married couples are implemented swiftly and smoothly. To that end, effective immediately, I have directed U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to review immigration visa petitions filed on behalf of a same-sex spouse in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse.”

Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: I am a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident in a same-sex marriage to a foreign national. Can I now sponsor my spouse for a family-based immigrant visa?

A1: Yes, you can file the petition. You may file a Form I-130 (and any applicable accompanying application). Your eligibility to petition for your spouse, and your spouse’s admissibility as an immigrant at the immigration visa application or adjustment of status stage, will be determined according to applicable immigration law and will not be automatically denied as a result of the same-sex nature of your marriage.

Q2: My spouse and I were married in a U.S. state that recognizes same-sex marriage, but we live in a state that does not. Can I file an immigrant visa petition for my spouse?

A2: Yes, you can file the petition. In evaluating the petition, as a general matter, USCIS looks to the law of the place where the marriage took place when determining whether it is valid for immigration law purposes. That general rule is subject to some limited exceptions under which federal immigration agencies historically have considered the law of the state of residence in addition to the law of the state of celebration of the marriage. Whether those exceptions apply may depend on individual, fact-specific circumstances. If necessary, we may provide further guidance on this question going forward.

Last updated:07/02/2013
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: I just read this today

Postby red » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 am

One thing I can say:

"ANG MGA BAYOT ILANSANG SA KRUS!" :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

I don't understand the language you used, Red, but I probably agree with you? Anyway I'm not sure how I will be viewed for stating what I believe, but I think we all have the right to state our beliefs; I hope so anyway. I have no hate in my heart for sinners living in sin, but we could say as the Arch Angel said to Lucifer as they contended over the body of Moses. He dare not bring a railing accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke thee!"

I am not these peoples' judge, but God is, and they are living in defiance against the laws of God. They may think life is wonderful as they live this life style, but hell and the lake of fire is waiting for them. I try not to look down on them, but their lifestyle is a lifestyle of sin, disease, and death.

To live the gay, lesbian, or homosexual life style is in defiance of God's word. So, I don't think gay marriages should be allowed. I think it is a stench in the nostrols of God. The fact that gay marriage is being promoted tells us how far morally our country has fallen! I'm afraid that America is overdue for God's judgement, and He is the one who will decide that. This is a sickness of sin that is plaguing our society.

Yes, Red, when I red in visa journey, I came across this information before this point when same sex couples were not allow immigration rights reserved for married couples. This is sad! :( :(
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:39 am

Hey Sir Ed that language i used is Bisaya it is a common expression there intended for gays. Ang mga bayot ilansang sa krus means Gays should be nailed on the cross. It is sad indeed to hear about this same sex marriage...not just gays but also the lady birds with straight women. I totally disagree and it said on the Bible that they cant go to heaven. So when their lives end on this earth their souls go directly to hell. :(
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:02 pm

There was a time that gays and lesbians would not so proudly announce their preferences, because society did not accept such behavior, and that is why it is said they stayed in the closet. There is no shame for this sin, and people have hardened their hearts until they had consciences that have been seered with a hot iron, and their consciences no longer work as God intended. They talk about "gay pride," and have demonstrations and rallies, but there is nothing to be proud of when sin is involved. God's word says, "The soul that sinneth shall surely die." God said, "multiply and repentish the earth, and the gays and lesbians are not going to do that, so this behavior has eternal consequences with destruction being the end result! "God is not mocked; whatsoever a man or woman sows that shall he or she reap." There was a time when they did execute people for this kind of behavior! Repentance is what is needed! :)
Edwin

Return to General Forum