Our Roof

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Our Roof

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 pm

I have written a number of posts about projects on this house and yard, and here is one more. It is amazing how much money everything cost! I had a little money saved before we moved here, mostly from tips that tourists gave to me for transporting them, giving narration, and seeing that they had a good time. I didn't pay much for this house; less than our car, but moving it, tearing down, setting up, concrete pads to set it on, septic system, electricity brought in, water system, plumbing in the house, cellar completed, concrete blocks around house, 2 new doors, one new sliding glass door, all new windows, new rugs, one new bathroom, and mine is ready, everything purchased, just need to put it all together, new strong sturdy, nice looking yard fence, and so many things accomplished, but a few things left. I spent almost all the money that I had saved on these things, and spent a lot of the money that I had monthly to live on. On top of the other trials our kids here turned against us, and even told us to move on, but backed down from that, but kept being mean to us, but signs are that they are being nicer, however they don't want to have much to do with us, and that is okay as long as they leave us alone and don't cause us any problems! Anyway when this house was moved in here and set up the roof was saging, shingles blowing off constantly, and it looked terrible, but it has held. I have removed some snow a couple of times to get weight off from the roof, and I have done enough repairs to keep it from leaking when it rains all except in the kitchen, and because of the roof being in a valley from sagging it holds water in one spot until it comes down in the kitchen just over the kitchen sink; how convinient, huh? Anyway at one time I had enough money saved to replace the roof, but I have had to dip into savings until it is about all gone! I thought, "Well, I will have to wait, and save money for another year, hoping to get enough to replace the roof then.

Our younger daughter said that she is afraid our roof will fall in! It only has 1/4 inch plywood for sheeting, 2 by 4s for rafters, and they are 24 inch centers, which means there is only one 2 by 4 in the middle of each 4 by 8 sheet of 1/4 inch plywood, so it is no wonder it is sagging. :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Our Roof

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Anyway, our youngest daughter, after having been beaten almost to death, literally by her husband, and had her life threatened, she is so damaged physically, mentally, and emotionally that she will probably never be able to work again. She was a baby nurse in the hospital, delivered babies in doctors absence and took care of them in general. Anyway after all of her efforts to become a nurse, now after having practiced for 5 or 6 years, she is finished, and it is really sad. So, because of what has happened she has some disability payments each month. They were slow getting those started for her, and we helped her survive when she had no meanse to pay for anything. She got a lump sum payment for what they should have been paying her from the beginning, which was a sizeable amount. Just out of the blue she told us that she was going to replace our roof for us! So she is going to pay for most everything, and she will get people who know about roof construction to do the job. It just seems unreal that it is going to happen, but she has purchased things to get the project started, so it is going to happen, and we are so thankful to the Lord for putting it in her heart to do that for us! That is the last huge important project that needs to be completed, and this winter we are going to sit here in the house when it is cold outside, snowy, and the blowing, and we will have a nice roof over our heads, and more insulation up there to help keep us warm. This is like a dream coming true. Thank the Lord for His help! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum