2021 Travel to the Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

2021 Travel to the Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:36 pm

As of now, getting into the Philippines as a tourist is not allowed. There is not any official decisions when tourists will be allowed back into the Philippines. There is a lot of speculation and rumors, but no concrete news.
Many areas of the Philippines are still going in and out of lockdowns due to covid-19 outbreaks, and even the residents who live in those communities cannot go in or out of those areas. The local governments have road blocks set up to deter travel-restriction violators. Residents of those areas have to have a barangay pass to move about inside their own communities.

All we can do at this juncture is to hope and pray that things will change soon, covid will become less of a threat, and tourists will be allowed back into the Philippines later in 2021.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Travel to the Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Hello everybody :)

There has not been much change in the covid restrictions recently. Some areas in the Philippines continue to go in and out of covid restrictions. The government there has been allowing some visa holders to re-enter the Philippines, but as of May 1, no foreign tourists are allowed to enter. Domestic tourism is allowed in some areas.

In other areas of Southeast Asia, covid has skyrocketed. Vaccinations against covid have been slow to materialize in Southeast Asia, which will prolong the problem of tourism in those countries and elsewhere.

Wishing everyone good health and may God protect and bless you all.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Travel to the Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:32 pm

As of May 23, 2021 there is still no change in the travel restrictions for tourists to enter the Philippines. It is not allowed.
There have been some recommendations by some politicians within the Philippines to allow fully covid-vaccinated tourists to enter the Philippines to try to start rebuilding tourism, but for now, it is only speculation and not reality.

I did get my 2nd covid shot this past week. I got the Moderna vaccine here in the US. It required two shots, administered one month apart. I am glad to get those out of the way, and glad that I may now be able to travel again and enter countries that allow vaccinated tourists.

I hope that those reading this stay safe, and God bless us all.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Return to General Forum