Can long distance love survive?

Moderator: youngj

Can long distance love survive?

Postby Boater1 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:30 am

Is it realistic for a long distance relationship to survive beyond the initial euphoria of meeting someone? We all have aspirations of being loved but how easy is it to be certain that someone you've met online is the one to spend your life with? As a mid sixties male I have concerns of being scammed by someone. Anyone been there/done that? Advice and experiences would be appreciated. Any ladies interested in a pen pal from British Columbia, Canada, retired, healthy, quiet and gentle are welcome to drop me a line to simmonshug@yahoo.ca. Age not too important but maturity and emotional stability an absolute must!
Boater1

Re: Can long distance love survive?

Postby edeline » Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 am

I believe that a long distance relationship can survive. It is just between the two if they are working hard to make the relationship work out. What is necessary is to let God be the center of that relationship, have trust and be contented.

It is very hard to be in a long distance relationship because you don't know what is going on with him/her or maybe on your side itself. Are you happy having him as a partner though he/she is not near with you or at your side?

It is a matter of setting the goal towards a relationship and hoping that the other is also doing her/his best for the relationship. It needs honesty as well.

Patience and being faithful are other values needed to work it out. I am sure that if it is a long distance relationship now, sooner it will be changed and you will be together with the someone whom you loved and who loves you so much.

You are looking for a serious girl who will love you, just let your head rule over your heart. Try to be wise enough to choose what do you think is the best for you so that in the end you will not be regretting. You will have an instinct if the girl is just playing with you and prove it if you have so that it will not be worsen. Be open and wise.
edeline

Postby cheryz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:36 am

Internet dating means that in today’s world, many couples are now facing the challenges of long-distance relationships. But do they last? Daily, face-to-face communication is thought to nurture and sustain a relationship and help a couple understand each other, yet, some long-distance relationships stand the test of time. So, why is this? one reason long-distance relationships last is because couples are prone to ‘romantic idealisations’ about each other. If encounters are rare, couples are likely to reminisce in unrealistically positive terms, believing they have more in common than they really do. They are also likely to be on their best behaviour so certain character traits and incompatibilities remain hidden.To make a relationship last, you need to be a good communicator, so be willing to express how you feel. Be sure to talk about everything, just as you would if you saw your partner every day. It’s important to create intimacy with them, even if this can’t be physical. Couples that are proactive about getting to know each other and keep a grounded perception of their relationship will be much more likely to make it survive. 8-)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby edeline » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:05 am

I think, a long distance love will survive but not in long terms because there is a chance that one will be tired of waiting. It has a certain period of time that a woman or man can wait. I was in a long distance relationship. It was really tough because I just saw and talked to the love of my life through the computer but the wait was worth it. It was a year that I waited before I am reunited with my husband now. It worked for us and we needed a lot lot of patience.
edeline

Postby angel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:09 am

yes edeline, it would be a lot of patience, time and trust for each other that would be done by both of you. now a days even long distance can communicate through online many applications could be done even your love one is far in you. everyday give time to chat to you girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband. :)
angel

Postby cheryz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 am

yes it could be true and for the couple who are very much willing to make their relationship last that would be possible more importantly is trust and to be honest to one another, no keeping of secrets and be true to your self.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!