HOW DOES LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WORKS?

Moderator: youngj

HOW DOES LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WORKS?

Postby Angel312009 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:30 am

Just want to ask an advise, how does long distance relationship really works out?
Angel312009

Re: HOW DOES LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WORKS?

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am

It just depends on the people involved. We had a very close friend who was the post master in Stehekin where we lived. There were no roads into that place, but people had to either fly or take a boat to get there. He and his first ex-wife split and divorsed shortly after he moved to Stehekin. They were incompatible and had years of misery I guess. I don't believe in divorce, but we didn't judge him, because it takes two, and sometimes one bails out and the other has no choice, or I guess it can be really miserable, but I think it is better to be miserable than to split, because God rewards us for doing right.

Anyway our friends first marriage was over for whatever reason, and he found a gal from Negros Orient using Cherry Blossoms. She was a very good gal, but she had an annulment for what ever her reasons were. The corresponded mostly by post office mail for several years. He would spend his yearly vacations visiting her. She was a believer, a Catholic, but had very good believing faith. They might have called with a telephone a few times. Anyway one of his last vacation trips he brought her back to Stehekin and married her, and I performed the ceremony. They sang to each other, and it happened in the community bakery with everyone in the community attending, and it was a very happy upbeat occasion. They have since moved to our home Okanogan Valley, and we moved a couple of years after they did to the same area, so we visit back and forth. I think their marriage after a number of years is going great. He sends some of his money to her family who is building them a house in the Dumaguete area, and she works with his blessing at an elderly assisted living adult care place, and she sends her money to her family to help support them. I think they are both still very happy after 5 or 6 years, and I have heard nothing to the contrary. I am going to the Philippines with them this coming October, last half of the month, to be with them, their family, and also to visit my wife's brother who lives on Guimaras Island with his filipina wife. My wife is afraid to fly, so she won't be going along, but she encouraged me to go. She went in 2006 with these people and was so traumatized by the flying that she swore that she would never fly again. Years ago I piloted small airplanes and I have taken a couple of flights partway across the United States in large airplanes, so I am not afraid the way Carol is. So I think distance relationships can work well, and it just depends on the people involved. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby Chas » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Angel312009 wrote:Just want to ask an advise, how does long distance relationship really works out?

It must be difficult as until you meet all you have is an image gained from their writing, photos, phone calls and internet chat. You will only truly know that person once you have spent some time together. I guess everybody's experiences are all different. But if you don't take a risk you will never find out. Just be careful and don't rush.

Good luck.
Chas

Postby red » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 am

LDR works better if there's constant communication. Be polite and courteous and always careful in using words esp if you only use emails and chats.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby solerwilane » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

its very too hard. because we dont know whats your partner doin when you were not by her/his side.
solerwilane

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!