how to attract foreign man

Moderator: youngj

Re: how to attract foreign man

Postby red » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Despistado wrote:Various things to think about.Why a philipina girl?.If you want to atract a westerner man who is already looking for a pinay...you ahve walked half of the way(you are a philipine already).
I know a little about the culture in Philipines.I am westerner than any other in this forum(in fact Spain is at the other side of the globe).I can tell why i look for a filipina.
A good raised woman in Philipines has sense of delicadeza(foregein men reading this ask google about delikatessa or delicadeza).All that the filipina woman ha by grown had been lost in several occidental women.
So being filipina with a filipina background is having three quarters of the way walked for a serious occidental man.
About a post already popsted by Mr Magoo I have to say that yes,out there are a lot of bad people but not only in Philipines.A true filipina woman will be really ahjrd to make you know if she have a echonomical trouble.But also is a sign of real confidence about you asking for money.The important thing is the background.nd also have to think about the post marriage.
Yes after your marriage you will ahve to support your family there.So money have not to be a trouble for you.Is knowing the sense of comunity and family pinays have(so yes you marry the girl but the"monitos" are in the package).
But renember always,in a country where a normnal salary is about 200 us dollars,thee can be a lot of youg girls,even lady boys,who things that is easier for them to look for that way to look for money on the net.If they find 4 stupid westerner who sends 200 dollars by month each one...they can live 4 times better than a good woman working nine to five simply smiling to a cam.So danger is always there.Be careful guys.

I agree your statements....guys better be careful dont make decisions unless you meet and know the girl better.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 pm

LanieRisteen wrote: Americans have a bias that everyone else should speak English, but most of us speak only English.

Good luck...

we can't deny the fact that some of the Americans have that poor judgement to Filipinos when they can't speak English fluently..
but, if their going to have that same thinking as you do, it would be much appreciated coz her in the Philippines we have lots of dialects that varies from place to place...and Tagalog is our National language..here in Samar.. Waray is the dialect that we use
to communicate with other people here and aside from that we also used to speak Tagalog coz there are times that we encounter people from Manila that doesn't know how to speak waray..

and lastly, we also speak english coz that's the language in most of the websites especially in Facebook and other sites :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but of course were not that fluent but at least its better than not knowing to speak it other way.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:50 pm

It seems to me that older people who grew up in the provinces often times have not learned to speak English, probably because it has not been necessary for them. Carol's brother's father in law is dead now, but he couldn't speak any English at all. He would sit around and talk with my brother-in-law, and my brother-in-law would respond, hoping that he said, yes, and uh, huh in the right places. He would sit and talk with Ken just like Ken understood him, and he said he had no idea what he was saying.

Some of the people I have been with the last two weeks have had limited English, and before you get to know people it can make for some tense moments. Once you get to know them you relax, have patience, and take your time, and in that way understanding comes. When you don't know someone that well it can be embarrassing to ask, "what did you say?" sometimes for the second or third time. The problem is that they have a limited vocabulary in English, so they are taking a lot of time trying to figure out how to say what they want to say, and then when they do say what they want it is often with such an accent that unless you are accustomed to listening to the person, it is difficult to understand even when they are saying the right things. After listening for a period of time you get used to the accent, and then it is much easier to hear what they are saying. Then when the foreigner talks it is a reversed situation. The listening with limited English is trying to hear what is being said, and we foreigners have our own accents that make hearing difficult, and then the language we use makes another problem.

I actually heard comments about my speaking from limited English speakers. I naturally have a very slow speech pattern, and that helps people listening. It isn't something I tried to do, I just talk that way all the time. Also they said that because I don't use cliche's and sayings when I talk they can understand me better, so the people I was with were actually happy with my talking, and I was happy that they liked it.

So I think the answer to difficulty with language is to relax, slow down, and have patience. They also might not understand what it means to kick the bucket, or to do a boo boo. We have lots of those kinds of descriptions in our language, and they hinder understanding rather than helping it.
Edwin

Previous

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!