words of wisdom of the day!

Moderator: youngj

Re: words of wisdom of the day!

Postby cheryz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:22 am

Peace, joy, health and well-being can only be found inside us. They exist within us now, waiting to be discovered. Yet we tend to look to the outside world to satisfy our needs and longings.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby angel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:53 am

"I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice to accomplish it." Lee Iacocca
angel

Postby angel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:54 am

"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man." George Washington
angel

Postby cheryz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 am

“A word, once it has left your mouth, it cannot be uncalled. It cannot be nullified. People don’t understand how strongly they’re tied down because of it. But they continue to use that lock. Words are something living and sometimes, it can even tie down a person’s life.”
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby cheryz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 am

“Everything in balance, everything in moderation – try not to go over the top in any direction but be free to explore & enjoy. Live heart-fully.
I’m a writer & philosopher, of course I have the right to invent words! I try not to do it carelessly, I only write what sounds and feels right.”
Jay Woodman
cheryz

Postby angel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:50 am

Do not drink wine nor strong drink:Lev. 10:9;
Wine is a mocker, and strong drink is raging:Prov. 20:1;
Strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it:Isa. 24:9;
Daniel would not defile himself with the king’s meat and wine:Dan. 1:8;
angel

Postby angel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:50 am

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy:1 Cor. 3:16–17;
Drunkards shall not inherit the kingdom of God:1 Cor. 6:10; ( Gal. 5:21; )
Whoso forbiddeth that man should not eat meats is not ordained of God:D&C 49:18–21;
All things which come of the earth are to be used with judgment, not to excess:D&C 59:20;
angel

Postby angel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:51 am

The Lord counseled the Saints to not use wine, strong drinks, tobacco, and hot drinks:D&C 89:1–9;
Herbs, fruits, flesh, and grain are ordained for the use of man and of animals:D&C 89:10–17;
Obedience to the Word of Wisdom brings temporal and spiritual blessings:D&C 89:18–21;
angel

Postby angel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:53 am

“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”
Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil
angel

Postby angel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:53 am

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”
Nicholas Sparks
angel

PreviousNext

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!