A prayer for her

Moderator: youngj

A prayer for her

Postby mystic » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:45 am

I wanted to post this tomorrow, but they will send me to a workshop for work all day long, so I am forced to do it today.

The 11th is my birthday. I don't want to receive wishes, indeed, because it's one of those moments during the year that I feel sad. During one's birthday one thinks what he did during the past year, and how his life is. Also, since it's vacation time here, very rarely I could find the friends to do a party. So... it's just a lonely time, which accounts for the sadness.

So, because it's my birthday, just for one day (finishing at the sunset) I want to break my usual rules and do something different. I would like to raise a special prayer to the Lord to show me the special girl with whom I could spend my life (and beyond) with, in holiness and servicing the Lord. I don't pretend to find a wife or becoming engaged at once. I'm not pretending exclusive attention either. But I would like somebody - just one and the right person - to reply to this thread, with whom we can be special friends. For "special", I mean giving one's attention to the other, letting reciprocal knowledge and trust grow in God's timing.
Somehow, this means having a "hope" and knowing that there is somebody you can talk to, without the worry to disturb each other. Somebody who will not disappear the next day, because giving one's attention is a small sort of commitment. Somebody I can feel I can think about, in the good and bad moments of the daily routine, who also can feel the same way.
I don't think miracles are easy to happen, but I felt like trying for one time and leaving everything in the hands of the Lord. I will express my prayer through the words of Genesis 24.

6 But Abraham said to him, “(...) 8 And if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be released from this oath” (...) 13 Behold, here I stand by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. 14 Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, ‘Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink’—let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master.”
15 And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder. 16 Now the young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man had known her. And she went down to the well, filled her pitcher, and came up. 17 And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.” 18 So she said, “Drink, my lord.” Then she quickly let her pitcher down to her hand, and gave him a drink. 19 And when she had finished giving him a drink, she said, “I will draw water for your camels also, until they have finished drinking.” 20 Then she quickly emptied her pitcher into the trough, ran back to the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels. (...)
55 But her brother and her mother said, “Let the young woman stay with us a few days, at least ten; after that she may go.”
56 And he said to them, “Do not hinder me, since the Lord has prospered my way; send me away so that I may go to my master.”
57 So they said, “We will call the young woman and ask her personally.” 58 Then they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?”
And she said, “I will go.”
59 So they sent away Rebekah their sister and her nurse, and Abraham’s servant and his men. 60 And they blessed Rebekah and said to her:
“Our sister, may you become
The mother of thousands of ten thousands;
And may your descendants possess
The gates of those who hate them.”
61 Then Rebekah and her maids arose, and they rode on the camels and followed the man. So the servant took Rebekah and departed.
62 Now Isaac came from the way of Beer Lahai Roi, for he dwelt in the South. 63 And Isaac went out to have a conversation [with God] in the field in the evening; and he lifted his eyes and looked, and there, the camels were coming. 64 Then Rebekah lifted her eyes, and when she saw Isaac she dismounted from her camel; 65 for she had said to the servant, “Who is this man walking in the field to meet us?”
The servant said, “It is my master.” So she took a veil and covered herself.
66 And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. 67 Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent; and he took Rebekah and she became his wife, and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.

So, when I'll "go out to have a conversation [with God]" (Genesis 24:63), I hope that, when I'll lift my eyes and look [again in this thread], I'll see a camel [a message]. And over it... my Rebecca. That's my prayer.

As a note, in Hebrew letters correspond to numbers. The number of Isaac (Yitzchak = 208) plus the number of Rebekah (Rivka = 307) = 515. 515 is the same number of Tefilah, "prayer". So, Isaac and Rebekah represent a holy union, coming from prayer and holy conduct. And this is what I wish with this prayer.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Re: A prayer for her

Postby mystic » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am

The day is expiring and I declare this thread closed.

I got a single PM from a shy but talkative girl. I am curious to know more. I might either become dedicated to her or release myself from this friendship, and she can do the same, at any time. The important is being honest, truthful, and chose one path or another. Communication is meant to solve the issues and grow in the Lord.

I don't care for a friendship that is one in a bunch of friendships that come and go. I rather spend my time in better serving the Lord. But if it is something special, will be nurtured, etc., it might be worth an eternity.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!