Beautiful Places in the Philippines

Moderator: youngj

Beautiful Places in the Philippines

Postby cheryz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:44 pm

The Philippines is a top tourist destination worldwide, and offers tourists variety of attractions ranging from its pristine white sand beaches to its lush green forests.

Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park

Considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Take an organized tour where you can ride a paddled boat with a tour guide. Inside the tunnel, you can see stalactite and stalagmite formations. The entire length of the tunnel is 8.2 kilometers and takes 40 minutes to complete the tour.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Re: Beautiful Places in the Philippines

Postby cheryz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 am

Bacolod is one of the most progressive cities in the country and also listed as one of the most liveable cities in the Philippines. Located in the province of Negros Occidental, it is most notable for its Masskara Festival held during the 3rd week of October. It boasts of rich history, good food, stunning sights, monumental attractions and other man-made and natural wonders.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby Chas » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 am

I am not sure I would consider any of the Cities I have visited in the Philippines as 'beautiful'. If I had to live in one of them Bacolod would be at the top of my list or very near the top. This is despite it being the only place, apart from Manila, where I have had problems with dishonest taxi drivers.

Bacolod has pretty good communications via the airport. It is not too big, yet big enough to have all the facilities. The mountains behind provide some shelter from Typhoons.
Chas

Postby cheryz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 am

Thank you Chas :)

Chas wrote:Bacolod has pretty good communications via the airport. It is not too big, yet big enough to have all the facilities. The mountains behind provide some shelter from Typhoons.

Yes it is Chas, For so many years we encounter typhoons here in bacolod not much affected areas because of the mountains. I have coworkers came from samar who assigned here to manage one of the store he decides her sister be with her to study and when the tyhpoon yolanda last hit there city their families came over here forawhile because their house was destroyed by typhoon. However it happens they will be back there coz the source of living is there.
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Maybe you would care to share with us the names of the cities or provinces that you have visited, Sir Chas. I have been to Manila and surrounding areas, and to Cebu (all over except the Western coast), and all around Bohol. I have been to Ormoc City in Leyte as well as Tacloban, and I have been to Bilaran around Naval. I have been through Dumagette in Negros Oriental all the way to Bayawan City, and I have been to Davao City in Southern Mindanao. I traveled alone on all of these journeys except when I went to Negros Oriental.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 am

jadegil6 wrote:Maybe you would care to share with us the names of the cities or provinces that you have visited, Sir Chas. I have been to Manila and surrounding areas, and to Cebu (all over except the Western coast), and all around Bohol. I have been to Ormoc City in Leyte as well as Tacloban, and I have been to Bilaran around Naval. I have been through Dumagette in Negros Oriental all the way to Bayawan City, and I have been to Davao City in Southern Mindanao. I traveled alone on all of these journeys except when I went to Negros Oriental.

You have covered more than me as I have never been to Ormoc, Biliran, Samar or Mindanao. I have covered a lot of Negros, though I abandoned my planned trip to Bayawan City** once I was told there were no traces left of the old railway which carried timber from inland to the port. On Leyte I have been to Tacloban and a little way up the coast visiting the WW2 sites. I have managed Camiguin, one of the Camotes and Bantayan. I have been to Manila, Baguio, Banaue and Sagada on Luzon. I have covered all the East coast of Cebu from Santander to Bogo and some of the West coast like Moalboal and Toledo. I never reached as far north as Daanbantayan as I stopped at the Medillin sugar mill. On Palawan I have covered Puerto Princesa to Port Barton and I have also visited Coron. On Panay I visited Iloilo City and a little of the surrounding area. Boracay has no appeal for me. I have covered the western half of Bohol.

I would like to visit Vigan to photograph the old buildings, but to make the journey worthwhile I would have to find another area to visit. Maybe to the very north of Luzon to see the Hump Back Whales congregating. My next trip is to Java and touring the Sugar Mills.

** I am now having doubts it was Bayawan, maybe Hinobaan a bit further along the coast. Anyway I stopped following the coast, I caught the Ceres bus from Kabankalan inland across to Dumaguete.
Chas

Postby lyrehc » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:32 am

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (72.77 KiB) Viewed 14549 times

This is campuestohan in Talisay.. It's a nice cool and beautiful place to be. But it's very cold in there. It's one of our tourist attraction in our place and we are inviting everyone to come see this lovely place I am sure you will not regret the time you will be here.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby angel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you Chas for the compliment very much appreciated proud to be Bacolodnon's :D
Masskara Festival one of City Smiles Proud of every October.
The Latest Tourist attraction in Negros was Campuestuhan was very nice place to hangout too many amenities.
angel

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Chas wrote:
jadegil6 wrote:Maybe you would care to share with us the names of the cities or provinces that you have visited, Sir Chas. I have been to Manila and surrounding areas, and to Cebu (all over except the Western coast), and all around Bohol. I have been to Ormoc City in Leyte as well as Tacloban, and I have been to Bilaran around Naval. I have been through Dumagette in Negros Oriental all the way to Bayawan City, and I have been to Davao City in Southern Mindanao. I traveled alone on all of these journeys except when I went to Negros Oriental.

You have covered more than me as I have never been to Ormoc, Biliran, Samar or Mindanao. I have covered a lot of Negros, though I abandoned my planned trip to Bayawan City** once I was told there were no traces left of the old railway which carried timber from inland to the port. On Leyte I have been to Tacloban and a little way up the coast visiting the WW2 sites. I have managed Camiguin, one of the Camotes and Bantayan. I have been to Manila, Baguio, Banaue and Sagada on Luzon. I have covered all the East coast of Cebu from Santander to Bogo and some of the West coast like Moalboal and Toledo. I never reached as far north as Daanbantayan as I stopped at the Medillin sugar mill. On Palawan I have covered Puerto Princesa to Port Barton and I have also visited Coron. On Panay I visited Iloilo City and a little of the surrounding area. Boracay has no appeal for me. I have covered the western half of Bohol.

I would like to visit Vigan to photograph the old buildings, but to make the journey worthwhile I would have to find another area to visit. Maybe to the very north of Luzon to see the Hump Back Whales congregating. My next trip is to Java and touring the Sugar Mills.

** I am now having doubts it was Bayawan, maybe Hinobaan a bit further along the coast. Anyway I stopped following the coast, I caught the Ceres bus from Kabankalan inland across to Dumaguete.

Thank you for the post Sir Chas. You have been to many places that I have not, and I would imagine that both of us will see new areas during our future travels. Happy Trails to you!
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 am

THE RUINS

The Mansion was owned by a wealthy sugar baron Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson. The structure is of Italianate architecture with Neo-Romanesque columns that has a great resemblance with the Carnegie Hall in New York. During the World War II, the mansion was burned down with the consent of the family to prevent the Japanese forces to use the house as its headquarters. It took around 4 days to burned the whole mansion however the concrete structure remains to this day. According to its history, the concrete walls are made by mixing cement and egg yolk not water to make it more compact and sturdy. If you happened to visit the area, try to run your hands against the wall and you will feel the smoothness of the its structure.

The mansion was originally built in remembrance to the baron’s late wife Maria, that is why it was called the Taj Mahal of Negros because it has a similar history with the Taj Mahal in Agra, India. The only difference was that in Taj Mahal, the wife was laid down inside the structure while in The Ruins, the mansion was built long after the baron wife’s death. :)
Attachments
images.jpg
The Ruins
images.jpg (10.75 KiB) Viewed 14426 times
cheryz

Next

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!