Hello New To Forum

Moderator: youngj

Hello New To Forum

Postby MikeP92563 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 pm

This is my first post here; My name is Mike, I'm 54 years young from Sunny Southern California. Just want to say Hello to you All. From browsing the Forums a little bit, it looks like there are some really great people out there...
"You Never Get a Second Chance To Make A First Impression"
MikeP92563

Re: Hello New To Forum

Postby edeline » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks for that impression about this forum. There are really great people and nice people here. You will know them as much as you read the forum and maybe participate with it if you like the topic.
edeline

Postby MikeP92563 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank You! I hope to learn a lot about the Phillipine ways, culture and customs from all the wonderful members here.
MikeP92563

Postby Smiley » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Mike; It`s good to see a new member actually post something. Keep it up.
I live in Canada but I used to spend a fair bit of time in San Diego in the 70`s and 80`s while serving in the Canadian Navy. We used to tie up at the foot of Broadway.
Smiley

Postby lie_ta » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:19 am

Hello, I am new here. How is everyone out there? I love to read your message here. It is a lot of information and very interesting. I like to read this and contribute. Hello and Holla to everyone.
lie_ta

Postby Smiley » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi Lie_ta. Welcome to the forum.I hope you enjoy it here and post often.
Why don`t you tell us a bit about yourself?
Smiley

Postby lie_ta » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Hello I am Lalie, 26 years old from Philippines. I am single.
lie_ta

Postby MikeP92563 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 am

Hello Lalie And Smiley.... Yes, San diego is most definitely a fun place although it's become very expensive... but you can't beat the weather :) Nice to meet you Lalie.. I haven't been able to visit the forums as much as I'd like to..Very busy here. Sometimes life runs at such a fast pace it seems like we're just existing instead of living. I know that may not make sense , but just how I feel sometimes. I remember when I was in the Navy in the early 80's I considered myself very fortunate to be able to travel and experience different places and cultures, but of everywhere I've been, The Phillipines was by far the most restful and relaxing place. I think life is so short and we waste so much time.. In the future I hope to visit the Phillipines again and experience different areas. I've been researching the different places, and outside of the obvious places like Manilla, I think I would like to visit some of the Provinces up in the North; places like Ramon, Camasai and places where the pace of life is precious and the culture is steeped in tradition and rooted in family and religion. I think here in the states we have lost sight of the things that are truly important in this world... Just my thoughts... Till Next time.. Take Care All.... Mike
MikeP92563

Postby Edwin » Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 am

Yes, I agree that many have forgotten important things. Family is important, and many now don't care. God is important for us to give Him first place in our lives. Life is short and it is important live life to the fullest. I know many in the Philippines have it hard, but many of those people know how to enjoy life! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 am

Yes, bhang18, this is a very good place to be! It is uplifting as the member respond to each other. There is a Christian orientation, so there is kindness and love here. You can express yourself how you want, and you can ask questions that some of the members will respond to. We are learning all the time things from various people's perspectives. So, keep coming here, keep posting, write posts, respond to posts, start your own subject on a new post, and it will be fun for you. We all enjoy each one that comes on here to post. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to Friends