Any lady ice skaters in Manila?

Moderator: youngj

Any lady ice skaters in Manila?

Postby al74dart » Tue May 28, 2013 10:52 pm

I am hoping to be in Manila this Winter for a few months and would like to meet some lady ice skaters. I plan to skate at both the Mall of Asia and SM Megamall. I have been ice skating for many years mostly ice dance but haven't been skating much lately because I live too far from the rink. It's been many years since I was in the Philippines so I am really looking forward to getting back. I really miss the Magnolia Ice Cream and the Bar-B-Q Chicken I use to get from the street venders. Please, if you know any ice skaters there, I would be happy to meet them and maybe do some skating together.

Thanks, Al
al74dart

Re: Any lady ice skaters in Manila?

Postby Edwin » Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Al, is there any iceskating in Manila, or is it too hot for ice? I am just curious as I was in about 3 malls in the Philippines in year 2010, and I didn't see any iceskating there? Maybe I just didn't see it. Many years ago I did some ice skating in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, but I was never very good, but I could stay on my feet, go round and round, and so forth. It was a lot of fun. I went skating several times with a school teacher who was from New Zealand. :D :D
Edwin

Postby al74dart » Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 pm

I use to ice skate in Phoenix, Arizona and it's a lot hotter there then Manila. There are two rinks in the Manila area that I am aware of, both in malls. The Phoenix area has about 6 rinks now. I use to skate 32 hours a week plus a full time job, yes I was addicted. Now I live about 140 kilometers from the rink. One of these days I plan on going to Vancouver for about a month vacation.

Al
al74dart

Postby jadegil6 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 pm

I think I remember an ice rink in The Mall of Asia in Manila.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Return to Friends