Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Smiley » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 am

I meant to type 'not bad'
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm

The song they sang first in church this morning was "Jesus Hold My Hand." I love that song, but when I first started playing the piano that was a difficult song for me when I got to the chorus because the melody and harmony lines switch from the top notes being the harmony all of sudden, and the alto notes being the melody, so it really confused me for a while. There are several songs that are written that way, but now I have figured that out, so it is no problem now. Some of the songs similar to that have Unison written at the top of the song, and they are similar, having a harmonizing notes in the Saprano position, and the melody notes being in the Alto position. There are a few songs writtin without the bass clef also, and that is difficult for me because I have to furnish the bass notes without them being written. Sometimes it works fine for me, and at other times I have a difficult time finding the correct bass notes. It is all fun though! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 am

It is good to listen to christian music, very enlightening and clear our minds from trouble. But most of all, meditate on what you are listening (christian song) and it will change your mood and outlook in life.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 am

Yes, Crisi, Christian music is great to listen to. It does take our troubles away to listen to Christian thought expressed in music. It is very uplifting. If we listen to the words and thoughts in the Christian music it will definately change our mood, and our outlook in life. That will cheer us up. Singing melodies in our hearts to the Lord is good! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 am

I went to see the musical 'The Jersey Boys' last night. The story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I was distinctly underwhelmed by the performance, but it was an interesting story. I was surprised to learn that the song Beggin released by Madcon was a Frankie Valli/Bob Gaudio hit.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am

That happens sometimes, Chas, that we look forward to a performance, and it doesn't live up to our expectations. I guess there are a number of reasons that this could happen. Perhaps the abilities of the performers just are not up to standard. Then other things can happen to mar our experiences as well. It is nice when we got to something like that and we are pleasantly overwhelmed! I'm glad you enjoyed the story anyway. A pleasant surprise is always good. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

I always listen The Potters Hand by Hillsong before doing devotion at early morning. It helps alot to focus and clear the mind, spiritually enticing.
On the other hand, I been listening to Jordan Sparks songs and John Mayer.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Our grandson loved Hillsong when he was attending their college in Sidney, Australia. He had lots of great times with the Bible course, singing, and playing his guitar with them. He did what is called busking. He took his guitar to a grocery store, sang and played his guitar, got lots of tips, then the grocery store fed him before he went home. He made lots of money doing that. It helped him pay his way while he was with Hillsong.

Since my sister gave us a music system that plays CDs, she has been listening to most the Gaithers group almost steady, when I am not playing the piano anyway. I do this, she listens to her music, then she gets on her, and I play the piano! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum