Possible problem

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Possible problem

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

There may be another problem, but I am not 100% certain. I would appreciate any feedback from the rest of you about this. There is someone who is sending out this private message, and this person just joined the group today.
Here is the PM:
Hello my good friend!!
i have accepted you as my good friend,
so write and let us know each other ok?
am miss jane and you?here is my private email adress:
(saleeby_missjane@yahoo.com)

Have any of the rest of you received a PM from this person?

Your response will be appreciated. Michael
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Possible problem

Postby Chas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

jadegil6 wrote:There may be another problem, but I am not 100% certain. I would appreciate any feedback from the rest of you about this. There is someone who is sending out this private message, and this person just joined the group today.
Here is the PM:
Hello my good friend!!

Not me - you are obviously the 'ladies favourite' - :lol: :lol:
Chas

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am

jadegil6 wrote:There may be another problem, but I am not 100% certain. I would appreciate any feedback from the rest of you about this. There is someone who is sending out this private message, and this person just joined the group today.
Here is the PM:
Hello my good friend!!

Sorry, to hear that sir Michael..but, maybe its not really a problem..maybe miss jane just wanted to make friends with you..
chaychay644

Postby red » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 am

......wow, you are girls favorite indeed. hehe...why she didnt email me instead? im waiting..joke!
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:41 am

red wrote:......wow, you are girls favorite indeed. hehe...why she didnt email me instead? im waiting..joke!

yes, you are
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Ronald » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm

crisipicada wrote:
red wrote:......wow, you are girls favorite indeed. hehe...why she didnt email me instead? im waiting..joke!

yes, you are

Maybe she is your admirer
Ronald

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 pm

There is only one flaw with these theories that she likes me....jadegil6. I have another username that I established in case scammers sent PM's or emails to members, but avoided sending them to the Administrator. This person did not send her message to jadegil6, she sent it to my other username. She did this on the first day she joined the Forum.
But as of now, no other members have informed me that she has sent them messages, so maybe she is not a scammer. I am going to send her an email, and see who she is. My guess is that she turns out to be an African Queen...if you know what I mean.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby wildermess » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 am

Sir Administrator, kaibigan ko, you can't afford to be naive when running a forum like this.
It's only a problem if you let it. That PM is from a scammer, It was obvious and it took me 1 minute to find this;
(wwwww)
the same person is doing a "419" scam. I say 'person' because it is most likely a male in a west African syndicate.
You are best not to respond and delete that account. Any response to these unsolicited PMs and emails can be used to their advantage. I suggest you spend some time seeking out scamming sites and educate yourself since romance scams are on the rise especially in the Philippines. Some people believe that only 20% of the woman are sincere. You will very quickly find the bad ones or users easy to spot and recognize the red flags.
You may want to enable PMs only after a person has 25 posts and also block the membership list until then also. This site (xxxxx) will help you a lot with insuring your site and it's members aren't abused by dishonest people. Good Luck!
The best secret I know is that there is beauty everywhere if you know where to look.
wildermess

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Mr. Wilderness,
I prefer to remain a trusting and optimistic soul, and that may leave me vulnerable at times, and possibly place some members at risk of getting caught in an online scam that may be perpetrated through this Forum, but it also allows me to retain my faith and hope and trust in the human race that most of us are good at heart, and will do the right thing in our dealings with others.
Those individuals who add posts or topics that are, or appear to be scams, are dealt with through the deleting of their posts, and banning them from the Forum membership roles. I do have some friends in this group who notify me by email when they see something suspicious, and I act upon it as soon as it comes to my attention.
As far as the private messages are concerned....the Sweepstakes entries are submitted by PM, and if I changed that at this time, then most of the members would not be able to enter the Sweepstakes. So that is not going to happen.
I did have to eliminate your links that you had in your post. I do not allow links that will lead people away from the Forum. I hope that you will not take that personally. I did allow all of your other criticism of me and of how I run the Forum to remain in your post. Thanks for your opinion.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 am

jadegil6 wrote:Mr. Wilderness,
I prefer to remain a trusting and optimistic soul, and that may leave me vulnerable at times, and possibly place some members at risk of getting caught in an online scam that may be perpetrated through this Forum, but it also allows me to retain my faith and hope and trust in the human race that most of us are good at heart, and will do the right thing in our dealings with others.
Those individuals who add posts or topics that are, or appear to be scams, are dealt with through the deleting of their posts, and banning them from the Forum membership roles. I do have some friends in this group who notify me by email when they see something suspicious, and I act upon it as soon as it comes to my attention.
As far as the private messages are concerned....the Sweepstakes entries are submitted by PM, and if I changed that at this time, then most of the members would not be able to enter the Sweepstakes. So that is not going to happen.
I did have to eliminate your links that you had in your post. I do not allow links that will lead people away from the Forum. I hope that you will not take that personally. I did allow all of your other criticism of me and of how I run the Forum to remain in your post. Thanks for your opinion.

I understand your concern, Michael. You have the best interest for everybody. Maybe the best thing to do is to observe the post of the person you are concerned about. We are just human and we always commit mistake but is should not be the alibi of our actions. Your forum is a great site and keep up the good heart. Don't worry, the good thing will prevail. :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum