What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes, Red, this is like the game that no doubt you have played before at some time or another where a number of people gather in a circle, preferably 15 or 20 people. One person whispers something in the first person's ear, and each person repeats what he/she has heard to the next person in line, until the whispering message has traveled to the last person. Preferably the message was written at first, then when the last person has the message, that person tells what he/she thought was said. Many times it doesn't have much resemblance to what the original message was! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Well, I have been gone since yesterday, Friday Morning, Saturday, 1 a.m. Philippines' time. I had some work I had to do as a renter left our place over loaded with garbage as well as damage, so we have been hauling garbage and doing damage control, and we are doing fine. I let our daughter and granddaughter move into the place, and so she is taking a lot of the responsibility, instead of me having to have the place ready for renters. I will be helping her as her financial situation is basic, but that's okay, as she is our daughter. We hauled 5 loads, horse racks on the back of a Ford Pickup, one really heavy load, and the others lots of bulk. We are tired after the picking up and sacking garbage, and hauling. It was a dirty job, so I worked a while one day, slept all night, finished working hard the next day, then I showered and cleaned up before coming home. I decided it didn't make much sense to shower then work with garbage, but our daughter did it that way, as she could stand to have garbage dust on her. The job is finished, and we feel good about it. Our daughter and granddaughter are working hard to get settled and get their things put away. They are fairly well unorganized, so I am giving them a few days before I take them more of their things I have stored in my reefer trailers. Next I am going to have to put some plastic tar stuff on seams on the roof so that it will not leak when it rains, as it did a few days ago during our last rain storm. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 am

Had great time at church fellowship with others. Went lunch with my little sister and common friend. Had to leave the kids at home because it was rainy Sunday.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:53 am

Red, I am glad that you had great fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ as church, and that you got to go to lunch with your little sister and your common friend. That was nice. We have had some pretty hard rains her lately. We didn't get a lot of snow, so maybe we are getting our moisture in the form of rain. It is presently 7:45 a.m., Sunday morning here, but in the Philippines it is 10:45 p.m. Sunday evening, so church is past tense for you, but for us it is still future! Our daughter asked me yesterday if we were going to church, and I told her we were, so we will be heading down the hill to attend church in a couple of hours. We attend the 2nd service as Carol lately has trouble getting enough rest, and she is too tired to get out of bed early. It used to be reversed, as I was the one who couldn't get enough sleep, but her health I think is doing this to her. We are very thankful that our daughter wants to go to church because for many years we couldn't get her to go to church, but God is woring on her, and she is having a reversal in her life. We are encouraging her too, and her 18 year old daughter goes with us, as she has always been into attending church, so it is all good, and we are thankful to God for what He is doing! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes Sir Ed, It is a great feeling that I was able to fellowship. Been two Sundays that i was not able to do that. I felt so low. Now I feel so high. :) We'll have our church anniversary this coming May 20. But we agreed to keep it simple. I always invite my little sister to go church with me so that somehow she would be able to learn more the word of God. I am the only Born again Christian in the family. My mother is a Baptist, my siblings and my father are Catholics. So been praying that one day I would be able to convince them. Thing is when I invite them they go to church late. And they just wait for me outside. It is just ugly so there are times I don't invite. When there are tough times for my siblings I advice them using Bible verses. Or when they ask me something I tell them to pray first. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Yes, Red, there was a long stretch of time that Carol didn't feel well enough to get out of bed to go to church. She would get out of bed, but it was too late to go to church. I know she was not doing it on purpose, because she has always loved to go to church, and even pushed me to go when I was not wanting to. She kind of snapped out of it, and we have been going steadily for a long time now, several months. I think God working on our daughter encouraged Carol to want to go, because we are going to make sure our daughter and granddaughter go also. There will come a time when they will go on their own, but for now, the encouragement is great. She asked me are you going to church tomorrow? I told her yes, we will be there at your house in the morning in time to pick you up, and she said that was great. She loves going with us, and that is a switch, because for many years we couldn't get her inside a church, but she had big problems, and God delivered her, and she knows that. Keep working with your family, Red, and you are using the right approach, and God will bring them around to His side! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 am

In His time Sir Ed. God works in mysterious ways. If can't bring them all at once..will pray for it always.
red

Postby crisipicada » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 pm

It is holiday today, no work and so I must relax. But not quite because I need to clean and do the laundry.

The temperature is getting high, so it is good to drink more water or liquid. Stay away from sunlight and keep body cool since it might cause heat stroke. It is a good idea to go on swimming but I am quite tired and need some rest after the general cleaning. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Been thinking what to eat now, want to cook fish tinula with camote tops or cabbage add some chili flavor to taste it hot and spicy. So good to sip hot soup now :D :D :D :D :D . Just make vegetable salad to stay healthy.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Today I took some things down for our daughter. I took an airconditioner down that I used here a few years ago. It make more noise than it should have. I think during a wind storm it fell out of the window, and I forgot about that until it made more noise than it should have! My daughter and I put some tar patch stuff in the seams on the roof, so that it will not leak. We swept the whole roof off, as I think that was part of why it was leaking. So it should be fine now. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Today we got up, ate some bacon end cut pieces, the best, 2 slices of whole grain toast with a choice of apricot or berrie jam; I chose the berry; also a cup of hot chocolate. Our daughter came to visit for a short time, and then I went back down into the hole that I am digging for my cellar for the first time since winter ended. I have been too busy helping our daughter get settled so for to work on it, but today for the first time I did work on it. I cleaned out some lose dirt, shovels full that had fallen in the ditch during the winter. Then I cleaned a ditch to one side, put the water pipe in it, and covered it over with a little dirt. By that time it was 1:30, and I decided I should not over do it on the first day working at that, so I decided that I was happy with that progress. I came in, and we had cooked string beans, pototoes, and diced up beef roast, and milk. I have missed so many days of walking because of helping our daughter, that I decided it was time to walk. So the doggies and I went for our 6.5 mile walk. Our kids are supposed to help us get water flowing in the house this evening, running just to the kitchen sink, and that is a start. It will be temporary without the hot water tank and pressure tank, as the pump is supposed to run okay with out the pressure tank, but the pressure tank will save wear and tear on the pump, but temporarily that will do, until I finish the cellar, hopefully this summer,and then get the water in right. Carol wants water to the clothes washing machine, and the automatic dishwasher, so we will see how that goes. We are supposed to have stir fry for supper with chicken in it, and my stomach is already growling! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum