Do You Always Have to be Right?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Do You Always Have to be Right?

Postby Edwin » Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 pm

"To BE KIND is MORE important than to be right. Many times, what people need is NOT a brilliant mind that speaks but a SPECIAL HEART that LISTENS." by Crisi.

I think maybe everyone wants to be right. I know I have had these thoughts of wanting to be right forever. We all think the way we do things is the right way, and we think the way we think is the right way to think. This has put me in conflict a number of times, and it doesn't feel really good to know that someone is disagreeing with you when you know you are right. I like to voice my opinion, and even tell the other person he/she is wrong. But then that often starts bad feelings, and the other person starts an argument, and where does it end? Because, the other person is most likely not going to admit that he/she is wrong and you are right.

Sometimes we just have to allow the other person to think he/she is right, and not tell that person the difference, even though we know the difference. It is better to be kind than to win an argument. Let the other person be right, if that person must. I think this has to do with maturity and being the bigger person.

Sometimes it is better not to speak, but to listen with a special heart. Sometimes we are speaking when we should be listening. People who are hurting do not need a display of wisdom, or even having a mouth in gear without the brain being attatched, but what they do need is a listening heart from a person who really cares about the other person's needs. We do need to have concern for each other. We do need to have love for God first, and then love for each other. If we speak at all we should first hear what the other person has to say, and then speak out of a heart of love. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: Do You Always Have to be Right?

Postby Smiley » Fri May 04, 2012 9:07 pm

A smart person knows what to say.
a wise person knows whether or not to say it. ;)
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Some people seem to always be ready to argue any point. I have to really wonder what their motivation is.I`ve seen some pretty wild arguments involving people who were both wrong.

I`ve mentioned before that I was a bouncer for years. A good bouncer has to understand what motivates people and what provokes them. It`s not just about beating people up and throwing them out.a bouncer that has to resort to physical intervention too often is probably not doing his job very well. Most confrontations escalate from a couple of people that want to prove the other wrong.When somebody constantly has a chip on his shoulder and always seems ready for an argument or a fight you have to be aware that this persons might be looking at you but his fight is usually with himself.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Smiley wrote:A smart person knows what to say.
a wise person knows whether or not to say it. ;)

This is good, Smiley! My Dad once told me, "Never argue with a fool, because the bystander may wonder which one is the fool! I know Jesus tells us that we are not to call anyone a fool, among other things we are not supposed to say to other people, but the principle can be understood. If someone is just plain argumentive, don't argue with them! Let them think they won, and usually other people looking on will know what is going on. We don't always have to be right, but we can be kind, and that is important. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun May 06, 2012 2:39 am

Not at all! You may win the argument, but you lose the relationship!

So better to have a good listening heart that will always be there for someone who are in need.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Sun May 06, 2012 11:54 am

Another thing that being a bouncer taught me is that the person with the least to say is usually the loudest. :o
Smiley

Postby red » Sun May 06, 2012 4:40 pm

I agree u smiley. I met those kind of ppl.
Is it ok to be kind thru wicked scheme? Or harsh but right?
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 am

Red, I like to think that I am always right, but Carol tries to tell me differently! There is a joke: I have never been wrong! One time I thought I was wrong, but then I was wrong about that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 am

I heard it... "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

Bill
fenmoor

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Usually the people who really are right are not the ones who are bragging about that. They are usually humble and quiet. Those people usually have humility about what they know and what they can do. There are so many things to know and to be able to do, and we can't possibly know everything about everything, and we can't possibly know how to do everything. We can learn as much as we are able though, and do what we can. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum