Who Will Tell First?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Who Will Tell First?

Postby red » Sun May 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Hmmmm very true bigblastguy. That is something to think about.
That is why investigate know the core.:-)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Sun May 06, 2012 5:20 pm

In case of online dating, meet the person first before deciding on emotions. People who believe easily are the ones to get fooled.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun May 06, 2012 11:46 pm

BigBlastGuy, have you ever bought anything on eBay? If you have, you are doing something similar to trusting without seeing. Jesus pronounced a blessing on those who would believe in Him without ever having seen Him. I think not all situations are the same. People can be, have been, and are being fooled, but not in every case. I think if someone is a commited Christian, and not really fooling you about that, then there is more reason to trust. I think various kinds of communication over a period of time, like, e-mail, chat/video chat, this forum, phone, and the like helps people get to know each other. I don't think we can say in every case that if the person has not met face to face they can't say that they love the person, or are in love with the person. Being careful, and seeking God's guidance is important. Then paying attention to the flags that hint about trouble is good too. I think a person can be too trusting, and I also think that a person can be too skeptical, and then all situtions are not alike, so we can't make blanket judgements about those situations. What is right for one person, may not be right for the next person as well. So each individual has to make that decision! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 07, 2012 1:32 am

Edwin wrote:BigBlastGuy, have you ever bought anything on eBay? If you have, you are doing something similar to trusting without seeing. Jesus pronounced a blessing on those who would believe in Him without ever having seen Him. I think not all situations are the same. People can be, have been, and are being fooled, but not in every case. I think if someone is a commited Christian, and not really fooling you about that, then there is more reason to trust. I think various kinds of communication over a period of time, like, e-mail, chat/video chat, this forum, phone, and the like helps people get to know each other. I don't think we can say in every case that if the person has not met face to face they can't say that they love the person, or are in love with the person. Being careful, and seeking God's guidance is important. Then paying attention to the flags that hint about trouble is good too. I think a person can be too trusting, and I also think that a person can be too skeptical, and then all situtions are not alike, so we can't make blanket judgements about those situations. What is right for one person, may not be right for the next person as well. So each individual has to make that decision! :D :D :D :D

Correct, I learn to love someone even I did not see him in person yet. We are human and God give us heart to love. Of course use your heart and mind. You have to use your head to test your feelings, if your feelings is pure and true, not sentimental gush.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes, God has made us the way we are with our desires. I believe we can love without having seen in person, especially with the technology we have today. Yes, the heart and mind are important, and it is good to test the feelings, the pure and true ones. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby BigBlastGuy » Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Edwin wrote:BigBlastGuy, have you ever bought anything on eBay? If you have, you are doing something similar to trusting without seeing. Jesus pronounced a blessing on those who would believe in Him without ever having seen Him. I think not all situations are the same. People can be, have been, and are being fooled, but not in every case. I think if someone is a commited Christian, and not really fooling you about that, then there is more reason to trust. I think various kinds of communication over a period of time, like, e-mail, chat/video chat, this forum, phone, and the like helps people get to know each other. I don't think we can say in every case that if the person has not met face to face they can't say that they love the person, or are in love with the person. Being careful, and seeking God's guidance is important. Then paying attention to the flags that hint about trouble is good too. I think a person can be too trusting, and I also think that a person can be too skeptical, and then all situtions are not alike, so we can't make blanket judgements about those situations. What is right for one person, may not be right for the next person as well. So each individual has to make that decision! :D :D :D :D

" have you ever bought anything on eBay? If you have, you are doing something similar to trusting without seeing"

Edwin I believe declaring love and commitment to a woman is much more serious than buying a $49.95 hi-speed blender on eBay. I would buy something on eBay without seeing it, but I would never buy a house without seeing it and I would never, ever declare love and commitment to a woman without meeting and knowing her. I have too much respect for women to be so casual with their life. Declaring love for someone is one of the most serious issues in life. I don't conduct the most serious personal issues in life over the phone or via email.

And yes, each person does have to make their own decision. My decision is a woman who will believes the "I love you" from a man she never met deserves what she gets which is 90% of the time a broken heart. And a man who gives "I love you" to woman on the internet he has never seen just like he buys an eBay blender for $49.95 he has never seen is going to get a woman worth about $49.95.
BigBlastGuy

Postby BigBlastGuy » Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm

red wrote:Hmmmm very true bigblastguy. That is something to think about.
That is why investigate know the core.:-)

Amen sister!
BigBlastGuy

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 11:13 pm

BigBlastGuy, I have bought a quite a few things on eBay over the years, but I have never sold anything there. I have thought about it, but it seems more complicated to sell than to buy. I try to watch the kind of feedback the seller has, and if that seller has great feedback and lots of sales, then I feel more confident. I have even taken chances on some with poorer feedback, and I have seldom been disappointed. Only one time I actually got cheated on eBay. I bid and won a DVD, and I didn't pay much, but I paid the money, never got my DVD, eBay tried to find the seller, but this has been several years ago, and I will never see that DVD! I bought an open box DVD player a number of years ago, and it is still going strong. I have never bought anything that was extremely expensive, except 2 pianos and a pellet stove a few years ago. I have bought lots of little things, like church hymn/song books, but I discovered that I can get them cheaper from 2nd hand and antique shops. I did okay buying them though. It is fun to need/want something and then get a bargain buying it. Usually I have gotten a lot for my money from eBay. I do know one guy that his wife and family will not allow him to get near to eBay because it became a sickness with him, and he bought everything; things he didn't need, and he lost control, buying everything! I love eBay! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 am

BigBlastGuy, you might not be able to find a wife on eBay, but you might on Craig's List. No, I am just being funny, and I hear you on your point of wanting to be face to face before you tell someone that you love them, or that you are in love with them. I think I could be in love or tell someone that I love them without ever having been face to face with them, because of the help of technology to get to know other people. I would want a few other things in common, like church, belief in God, same kinds of standards, love for family, respect, and a few things like that. Of course I am married so I won't be telling anyone that myself. I hope your ventures go well, and that you find what you are looking for. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby BigBlastGuy » Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Edwin wrote:BigBlastGuy, you might not be able to find a wife on eBay, but you might on Craig's List. No, I am just being funny, and I hear you on your point of wanting to be face to face before you tell someone that you love them, or that you are in love with them. I think I could be in love or tell someone that I love them without ever having been face to face with them, because of the help of technology to get to know other people. I would want a few other things in common, like church, belief in God, same kinds of standards, love for family, respect, and a few things like that. Of course I am married so I won't be telling anyone that myself. I hope your ventures go well, and that you find what you are looking for. :D :D :D :D

Edwin you miss the point. Being face to face to declare love is not important but you must meet, spend time with and know the person to determine if you love the person. You can not really love a whole person when all you know of them is what you hear or read on the phone or internet. The internet is full of liars and scams, internet dating is full of liars and scams. I get emails all the time from a Nigerian woman who says she is a princess and needs my help? Ha! Ha! Do I believe her? Course not.

There is no way I would be serious about a woman I have not seen, smelled touched and observed her actions. And for a woman to believe a man she only knows on the internet? She better believe when he shows up at her door or she will likely spend the best years of her life in a fake relationship.
BigBlastGuy

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum