Desert Auction

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Desert Auction

Postby Edwin » Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am

This morning at church was a desert auction to raise money for the Youth Pastor and a half dozen or so young people to make a missions trip to Kennya, Africa. Desert auctions are dangerous. Carol was bemoaning the fact that it took us longer to come down the hill in the pickup truck, and she thought that we were too late for her to buy the pie that she was hoping for. I thought, "Oh, good, now we don't have to worry about spending money buying a pie!" No such luck, because they were running that auction all during the last church service, which is the one we always attend, because Carol is unable to get out of bed any earlier. Well, she went out there and wrote prices on 3 pies and a plate of brownies! Someone else bid, so of course she bid again. When she learned that the auction was still on I told her to get a peach pie. It was supposed to be one peach pie and two apple pies. When we got home and cut into the peach pie, guess what! I was a rhubarb pie!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was good though and my money went for a good cause. Now we are full of desert. Carol ran out of blood glucose testing strips about a month ago, so she has no idea how high her blood sugar is, so she can eat as she pleases, with a clear conscience, and believe that her blood sugar is low, but I am sure it is not. But, Carol has to live a little, and she tries to eat right, most of the time anyway! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Return to General Forum