What hobbies do you have?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What hobbies do you have?

Postby Edwin » Fri May 11, 2012 1:49 am

Carol worked in a pharmacy store for about 10 years a quite a few years ago. She worked at the cash register for a time, then she worked as a B tech in the pharmacy itself. She could not prescribe medications, but she took the medications that were ready for customers and did the legal work and took their money, giving them the medications. While she worked a cashier part of the time she did other work in the store as well. One of her jobs was to straighten things on the shelves, and do what they called facing. What that meant was that after customers had taken things off the shelves to buy, then it left empty places, so she would pull those items from the back to the front, so that the shelves looked neat with everything on the front of the shelves. The funny thing is that even after many years since she worked at that job, she goes into stores to buy something, and she pulls things to the front, just as if she was working at that store. She can't help herself, because it was trained in her, and to her it just seems like she should straighten the place up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat May 12, 2012 1:46 am

Well, as much as I love to play the piano, I only played just a little late this afternoon. This morning I got some things ready for the pumping of our water, shortly, at least to the kitchen sink. I wired the pump motor, putting ends on the wires to fasten to the pump. It is already set for 230 volts. I got the pressure tank out of the reefer trailer and rolled it to where we are going to set it up for a few months. I tested the pressure, and it was high, but I decided to wait, and check it after dark as the heat causes increased pressure, with the warm air expanding. When it cooled it was actually a few pounds low, so I used a bicycle pump, and it took forever to get it to 38 pounds because there is more air capacity in that tank than a bicycle tire. My son-in-law wired into the electical panel box, and I spliced the wire, as it had been cut. I dug in the cellar for a while. Then I started carrying 5 gallon buckets of dirt out of the hole. I discovered that 2/3 of a bucket, and then 2 of them is enough to carry. We had supper together with our kids and that was fun. I put together the pressure switch and tank pipe, and that will be ready for tomorrow. We might have had water tonight, but my son-in-law forgot to bring something necessary home to make it work, so tomorrow we will probaby be pumping some water! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby glemarie » Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am

i'd love listening to music, but music hates me..ahahaha..i also love to dance..read books, addicted in reading news,.and fond of cooking!.
glemarie

Postby Edwin » Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 am

Glemarie, my wife, Carol has a beautiful singing voice, and she has done a lot of singing through her life. She had her singing recorded a couple of times, once non professionally, and once mostly professionally. She doesn't have a great sense of rhythm, and she doesn't enjoy some of the songs that have a lot of rhythm, but she likes the melow smooth flowing ones. She loves listening to the Bill and Gloria Gaither music as well as some by other artists. She gets tired of my piano playing sometimes. We have never done any dancing as that was taboo in the church where we grew up, and none of us from the church did any dancing. It is different now, but that's the way it was in the 1950s and 1960s. We like to keep up with the news, but I don't pay as much attention to it as I used to. Carol spends a lot of her time reading, and she loves to read. I only read if it is necessary. I spent some time cooking before Carol and I were married. I prepared all various meals for anywhere from 20 to 50 or 60 people, but that was 45 years ago, and I have not cooked since Carol and I have been married. I will eat peanut butter, honey, and drink milk. When I am alone I will cook oatmeal with raisins and milk each morning while Carol is away. I will open a can and heat some beans, but that is about the extent of my cooking lately! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum