How Christianity Affects Your Life?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Postby crisipicada » Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Looking back the past; I had so many regrets in life. There was emptiness that cannot fill my heart. I know deep in my heart, I have been dreaming that someone or something will fill my heart that I cannot understand or I do not know how. All my heart’s desire was to enjoy life, make a living and I was imprisoned by the power of gold. My life was no direction – in my mind, come what may, whatever life could be then that would be, I do not have plans or guidance from someone who will be accountable about me. I was living my life by my own, I said, “I do it my way”, this is my life.

When I learned and knew about God, that He gave his only begotten Son, my life turn 180 degrees upside down. God has changed me about life. I have many attitude, before I receive Him as Savior, that has been changed. Before, I easily complain and cannot accept why things is happening to me, but now, I have the heart to understand that everything that happens to me has purpose and lesson and that God is working in my life. I can hardly surrender my life –plans, decisions and future to Him, - but now, I daily surrender to God everything. God has really working in my life since I got saved.

Now, I see the need of the Saviour in people’s eyes every time I met them. I see the pain in people’s eye how they have been ruined by the enemy of this world. Even before, I experienced peace and love in my heart even though I have not or I have, God changed and still changing my attitude in life. I did not totally understand what the love of Christ, and I fully understand now. There are times that all the odds are against me-the world turns against me, but despite of that Christ has been my strength in life. Many trials and temptations, but God has delivered me, for 1 Corinthians 10:13 reads, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as in common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that may be able to bear it. “

I experienced God’s protection in my life. God had saved me in many ways. There was on time that the bus I was riding on loose its break, and we are on route to Cagayan de oro city wherein the roads are zigzag up and down, passengers shouting, and yelling what would happen, God saved us and we were able to stop in a muddy at shoulder of the road. There are times when God has protected me to be hit by a car, but God saved me. There was a time this year that the motorcycle I was riding going home almost hit by the other, God protected me. I was in accident also in a motorcycle last two years, but I do not have any wound but the driver had. God protected me.

How about you? How does Christianity affects your life? What are the things that God has done in your life? Please share your life’s story and we may be blessed.

Crisi
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Negative Tendencies in Dating

Postby crisipicada » Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 pm

:D
crisipicada

Re: How Christianity Affects Your Life?

Postby DavidM » Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 pm

The biggest thing Christ has done for me is forgiving me of my sins and open my eyes to spiritual realities.

I heard of the saying that if you are born again spiritually that you will know it just like you know you were born physically. For me that saying was spot on. I had always demanded that I would believe in God if he would come down and personally tell me to. Well he did, but just not in the way I was expecting. I remember that I cried for over an hour straight. I wasn’t sad or happy… I just cried. 1 hour wasn’t an exaggeration, either. It happened in my heart so suddenly that 1 second before I knew God didn’t exist and the next second I would never deny his existence again.

My first impulse after that was that now that I know God is real that I need to get into the bible and learn about his character and who he is. Now that I knew he was there I needed to learn everything about him. God gifted me very quickly in knowledge of his word. I would read and listen and pray and ask, and many times literally one hour after my prayer I would have understanding given to me. Many times I would wake up at 430 and God would give me a new understanding of his word that I hadn’t thought of before and I would get up and read about it.

God also immediately started working on my character. I had a bad temper and that was the first thing God jumped on. I’ve walked with God for years on this matter and it has not been easy, but looking back the change is amazing. God has also cured me of my need to take depression medicine. I used to have bad panic attacks. I used to have constant nightmares of being tortured. I’ve been able to come to terms with many things that happened in my childhood. I now have a much better understanding of who I am and that gives me peace. God has also given me a sense of my sin within me and taught me humility and humbleness. God has taught me the right way to view the world around me and I have come to appreciate the world he created much more. He has taught me how to reject bad or worldly advice by giving me something to measure it against in his word. His word also helps me deal with emotions and thoughts. I no longer have to remain crippled or down if I have a wrong view of myself.

He has taught me to stand up in the face of ridicule and accusations and remain calm knowing that he knows the truth about what really happened and it will one day be shown to everyone. Even when everyone around me thinks that I have done something wrong or does not believe the truth, I don’t have to expend a great deal of energy trying to defend myself because I have learned that there is always God that knows whether I have been faithful or not, and having that clear conscience and heart before God is the most precious and important thing.

I remember I had the impression for so long that God had picked me up and threw me into the deep end of the pool to learn to swim fast. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. Now I am praying that over the next 10 years that I do not become lukewarm.

Thank you, God.
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am

My Mom's family were Baptist people. Her Dad's Dad, my great grandfather was enthusiastic from what I understood, and studied the Bible a lot. His son, my grandfather, my Mom's Dad was a backslider, and didn't live his life with Christian principles, but he accepted the Lord before he died. Dad's mother took him to Sunday School once when he was little. The parents and the little kids lived one place and the older kids, and some of the younger ones lived on another place, so they were not really a family that lived together. My Dad's Dad was mean to my Dad so he left home before he was grown up. Mom and Dad were not Christians until shortly after they were married, then they became Christians and learned about the Lord. They enthusiastically served the Lord all their lives. My mother prayed with me, and I asked the Lord to come into my heart when I was 5 years old. I have been attending church all my life. I have had this feeling all my life that I belonged to the Lord, and I needed to be careful what I did, to live for Him. We depend on the Lord to help us and direct our lives in the way we should go. Our concern is for our family, friends, loved ones, and everyone that they would come to know the Lord. Jonathan Edwards said that God has no grandchildren. What he meant by that was that just because we are born into a Christian family that does not make us Christians, and we each have to have a personal experience with Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Just because of being in a Christian family that does not mean that we have no faults. We have to trust in Jesus to help us live for Him in a way that is pleasing to God. God is our strength and our help in times of need, and times of trouble, and also in good times. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 am

When you become a Christian your citizenship is in heaven. You are no longer just a citizen of this world. You live with eternal values in mind. When you become a Christian the old things pass away, and all things become new. You are a new creature, or creation in Christ Jesus. Truly, "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin through, my treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue...." Jesus tells us not to lay up our treasures where moth and rust corrupt, and where theives break through, and steal, but we are to lay up our treasures in heaven. In giving up things for Jesus, someone said, and I can't remember who it was, but it goes: "He is no fool who gives away that which he cannot keep, for that which he cannot lose!" "What will it profit a man or woman, if he for she gains the whole world, and loses, his/her own soul, or what shall he or she give in exchange for his or her soul." I have heard it said that there is no profit to gaining the whole world and losing the soul, and God does not even have an answer to the question, or what shall he or she give in exchange for his or her soul?" :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 am

I just read I Corinthians 16:14, Let all your things be done with charity. I am so happy to read this and reminded me to live a life with charity. I Corinthian 13 is the love chapter in the Bible.

Yes, being patient, not to envy, not easily provoke, believes all things, hopes all things.. So whatever we say and do, it must be seasoned with love. I am thankful for this words of reminders and I pray that I will be able to apply this as Christian.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Yes, Crisi, what you said is right on the mark! The Bible tells us, I John 3:14; A; We know that we have passed from death unto life, becasue we love the brethren." Love truely is a mark of the Christian, and when we have God's love in our hearts for our brothers and sisters in Christ, it is a proof that we belong to God, and we have passed form death unto life.

Matthew 22:37; Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38; This is the first and great commandment. 39; And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40; On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 pm

It really changed my outlook in life. Before, my mind is just earthly things, about now and future. But now, God change it and still changing my attitude and character.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

Yes, God changes us all the time. I don't think there will ever be a time when we will be beyond needing to be changed. God is continually forming us into the image of His Son, Jesus. For many people all they think about is earthly things. They don't have a view of eternity and eternal values. Many of them think that what we have here on earth is all there is. God changes our attitudes and our character all the time. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 am

Christianity gives major impact to my life. Before i became a born again christian i had a muslim friend and a born again christian female friend. We used to make fun of our born again christian friend because her ways is unlikely christian. Now that i became one, anybody teases me not able to go fiesta celebration or not going to cemetery during all souls day, i get irritated.
It took me 7 years of waiting to find the right person to marry. I reached to a point of feeling hopeless and giving up. But when i became a christian i felt revived. I delighted myself to the Lord i was enjoying His words. Then, it got me surprised to open my email one day 30 plus emails i received from different men...some handsome some ugly some christian some not. Thanks to jaderune the guys saw my profile here hehe. So i got delighted reading the guys emails. I got busy responding. But it all goes down to one and only hmmmmm...mmmmm. hehe...That was the second best gift God gave me. Third my children. The first most gift is salvation. Its pricelesz and free. Since then lots of blessings God give so far and more....so long as we submit and obey to Him.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Next

Return to General Forum