MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby Edwin » Sat May 19, 2012 1:22 am

This evening we watched "Sense and Sensibility." I would highly recommend this movie. It has a lot of romance, heart break, and drama in it. It is an English country side movie involving the conflict of the various social and ecomonic classes, and the separation that caused. Carol and our family have watched this movie a number of times. There is a lot of excitement, a lot of heart breaking circumstances, and a lot of joy in this movie. It is a good one for anyone who wants to watch a good clean movie with a lot of good humor in it. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat May 19, 2012 2:55 am

I have seen it too nice movie. Lately..i have watched Straw Dogs and The Joneses. Hmmm not so good. I been following The American Idol because i am a big fan of Jessica Sanchez. Hope she will win. Hey Sir Ed and everybody in america pls vote jessica. :-)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 am

Red, where do we find out how to vote for Jessica? Do we google American Idol, or how does that work? We watched a movie with our youngest daughter and her two daughters today. It was "Hallmark Mall Cop." It was beyond reality and crazy, but fun to watch. It was quite entertaining. I think most everyone would enjoy watching that movie. It was too good to be true, but funny and fun! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Mon May 21, 2012 9:12 am

Sir Ed, you have to watch it on tv. Here in phils. It is shown on starworld and delayed telecast. The two finalist now is Philip Philips handsome talented young man and Jessica sanchez from san diego, Cali. I go for jessica ever since season 11 started. Hope she will win but yes have to fight withmy daughter over tv she likes cartoons and i want to watch american idol. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Mon May 21, 2012 10:37 am

Yes, Red, that sounds like our daugher, her daughter, and the internet. Our daughter says that when her daughter gets home the internet is finished for her! They only have one computer, so they do have to share. We don't have any kind of television reception; not cable, no satellite, no antanae, and so not watching any kind of television broadcast. We used to have it years ago, but when we live away from where reception from where antanae reception was possible we just never hooked up to the television reception again. We do have DVDs, VCRs, VHSs, and we do watch movies on occasion. We went for quite a long time without watching much, but lately we have been watching more while we eat supper. I hope Jessica wins. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 am

I think it is 8 or 9 PM Wednesday night (Central time zone)

Bill
fenmoor

Postby Edwin » Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 am

This evening we watched a move, "Where Eagles Dare." It had Richard Burton in it, and Clint Eastwood. It is a James Bond type of movie. Carol just loves movies like that, but it really had a little too much violence in it to suit me. But, Carol said well, it was war time, and Natzi Germany was involved and violent things like that really happened. That may be true, but I don't really enjoy seeing that much killing. Actually in a real situation more of the good guys would have gotten killed. In this movie there were just a few heros sent on this mission, and it was almost as if they were immune to being killed, so they completed their mission and survived, while in real life some of them get killed and they are not able to fulfill their mission. Anyway Carol enjoyed watching it, and I watched it with her while we ate our supper. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 am

Im sad because Jessica Sanchez did not make it to be champion on idol. It is Philip Philips who wins. I like the last song that Philip sang on tuesday....i think that made the audience love him most than jessica.....oh well.
red

Postby red » Thu May 24, 2012 2:38 am

Edwin wrote:This evening we watched a move, "Where Eagles Dare." It had Richard Burton in it, and Clint Eastwood. It is a James Bond type of movie. Carol just loves movies like that, but it really had a little too much violence in it to suit me. But, Carol said well, it was war time, and Natzi Germany was involved and violent things like that really happened. That may be true, but I don't really enjoy seeing that much killing. Actually in a real situation more of the good guys would have gotten killed. In this movie there were just a few heros sent on this mission, and it was almost as if they were immune to being killed, so they completed their mission and survived, while in real life some of them get killed and they are not able to fulfill their mission. Anyway Carol enjoyed watching it, and I watched it with her while we ate our supper. :D :D :D :D

i like Clint Eastwood and Sam Elliot for oldies...amazing actors...hands down bow down. My husband bought this Sam Elliot collection dvd's. I have not watch all of them yet.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri May 25, 2012 1:01 am

While we ate supper, evening meal, we watched a really great movie that we have not watched for a while. It was "Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris." I would recommend it to anyone, a great clean movie, with a wonderful story! Anyone I think would enjoy watching that movie. Some of the main people acting are: Angela Lansbury, Omar Sharif, Diana Rigg, Lothaire Bluteau, John Savident, Lila Kaye, Tamara Gorski. This movie is based on the Paul Gallico novel. The woman goes from England to Paris for something she wanted badly, and I won't tell any more, so I don't ruin the movie for you! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum