Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 am

Good words and good scriptures, ChayChay. I agree with you on the blood thing. It is against God's laws to eat blood. My grandmother used to wring chicken's necks to kill them before eating them, but we cut their heads off as they bleed out better, and that was important to us, because we believe that.

I know some cultures in the world make food dishes using blood, but it turns my stomach, and it is against God's laws, and yes it is because the life is in the blood. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 am

In the new testament, what is being eaten or taken is not dirty.
What is being swallowed is dirty.

For me, as long as you cannot hurt others and do things in accordance with the word of God, it is fine.
Long time ago, I am concerned about going to heaven.. I do believe that having a relationship with God makes us children of God. And being a children of God, where He is there will be also. Now, you must accept Christ as your personal Savior and Lord and repent and you will have a relationship with Him.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

crisipicada wrote:In the new testament, what is being eaten or taken is not dirty.
What is being swallowed is dirty.

For me, as long as you cannot hurt others and do things in accordance with the word of God, it is fine.
Long time ago, I am concerned about going to heaven.. I do believe that having a relationship with God makes us children of God. And being a children of God, where He is there will be also. Now, you must accept Christ as your personal Savior and Lord and repent and you will have a relationship with Him.

Jesus said to Zacheus, This day is salvation come to this house. He was a theif and a cheater, and he repented. That's what we have to do is repent of our sins, and God will forgive us.

The thief on the cross called upon Jesus and he told him, "This day you will be with Me in paradise."

Our spirits bear witness with His Spirit that we are the children of God."

We walk in the light as He is in the light.

"But as many as received Him to them gave He power to become the Sons of God, even to them that beleive on His name."

The publican would not so much as look up to heaven but smote on his breast, and said "God be merciful to me a sinner," and Jesus said that he went up to his house justified, not the religious leader who prayed about how good he was so everyone could hear him, he prayed with himself, but not to God.

Whosoever calleth upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God sent His Son into the world not to codemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life." :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 am

Yes, I got saved July 15, 1992. Many times I confess and repent to God. I know He is in my heart. Thanks for saving me, Lord.
Last edited by crisipicada on Mon May 28, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 pm

crisipicada wrote:Yes, I got saved July 15, 1997. Many times I confess and repent to God. I know He is in my heart. Thanks for saving me, Lord.

That is wonderful, Crisi! :D :D :D :D We all have to confess and repent many time to God. Jesus has promised, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 28, 2012 5:42 am

it is a must to tell the world about Christ. How many family members and relatives of yours who have not yet accepted Christ?? I do believe a lot of people who have not yet receive Jesus Christ. WE are commission to tell the world about Jesus so we must do it in any opportunity we have.
crisipicada

Postby fenmoor » Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 am

crisipicada wrote:it is a must to tell the world about Christ. How many family members and relatives of yours who have not yet accepted Christ?? I do believe a lot of people who have not yet receive Jesus Christ. WE are commission to tell the world about Jesus so we must do it in any opportunity we have.

*agree*
fenmoor

Postby Edwin » Thu May 31, 2012 1:32 am

Yes, take every opportunity, and then pray a lot also. Our spirit witnesses with His Spirit that we are the children of God. Then we also know we are saved because of our love for our brothers and sisters in Christ. The Spirit of God draws us to Him, and He does a saving work in our hearts. We confess our sins, and we are sorry for our sins, and we find repentance from our old ways, and the old things pass away, and all things become new. We have different desires, and we live our lives in a different way than we did before we were saved. God does a work in our hearts with his Holy Spirit, and He makes us new creatures in Christ Jesus. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum