Fighting in Relationships

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Fighting in Relationships

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 pm

It is getting cold here. I am insensitive to temperature changes. It has to get really hot, or really cold before I notice the changes. While I was in the Philippines my friend was complaining about how hot it was, and I was just thoroughly enjoying the heat because I knew we were going to be returning to winter wonder land, and yes it has been snowing, and ice has been freezing on the water during each night. I have been having to break the ice with a hammer outside so the big dog can drink his water.

We had brownouts every day 2 and 3 times, and the fans would all stop when the electricity would fail. It didn't bother me, my friend really missed the fans when the electricity quit.

We are not really fighting, but Carol wants the house hot, and I want to burn fewer pellets, thus keeping the house cooler. We have a yellow crown amazon bird, so we can't afford to let the house get too cold, or else the bird will suffer. Carol says she is sure glad we have the bird or who knows how cold I would let the house get. I got him a heated perch before I left for the Philippines, but I was the one to put it in his cage for him when I returned. Then we cover him each night so that he will be warmer. We went on the internet and learned a little more about how to take care of him.

Carol is good, but she feels colder this winter than before. I think it is probably her diabetic condition that makes her feel that way. It is not fun to feel cold, so I try to run the stove warm enough so that she does not feel miserable. I tell her if it were summer she would want the house colder than it is, but that doesn't help her at all. She tells me that it is not summer, and it is cold outside, so she needs it warm in the house. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 am

year 2009, i read about western culture. I read about their marriage culture. I learn that a woman when reach 16 years old, according to their statistics, there are more than 50 % are not virgin anymore. And most filipina are influence by that culture especially visayas and luzon area. This statistics shows how many women do not value their being pure in terms of relationships and sometimes are also influence by it because we did not take care of our hearts and minds. God wants us purity in our relationships. He said, if you can't make it, they you must marry. In this case, i am afraid that morality has no value anymore and that is one of the reasons God hates the world and He brings disaster in our lives. I remember my friend who work in USA, she said, it is hard to work in a place where your conviction is not the same and the world is promising things it cannot satisfy. She said, if it is not forsale then do not show it. She became one of my disciplers and she always remind me to guard my heart which i never take care of it and suffer. If relationship is not base on God's guidance it will never work and it will never be happy.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 pm

crisipicada wrote:year 2009, i read about western culture. I read about their marriage culture. I learn that a woman when reach 16 years old, according to their statistics, there are more than 50 % are not virgin anymore. And most filipina are influence by that culture especially visayas and luzon area. This statistics shows how many women do not value their being pure in terms of relationships and sometimes are also influence by it because we did not take care of our hearts and minds. God wants us purity in our relationships. He said, if you can't make it, they you must marry. In this case, i am afraid that morality has no value anymore and that is one of the reasons God hates the world and He brings disaster in our lives. I remember my friend who work in USA, she said, it is hard to work in a place where your conviction is not the same and the world is promising things it cannot satisfy. She said, if it is not forsale then do not show it. She became one of my disciplers and she always remind me to guard my heart which i never take care of it and suffer. If relationship is not base on God's guidance it will never work and it will never be happy.

So true, and so very important! :D :D :D :D

Our country, western culture, has been breaking down morally. Hollywood films and television broadcasts promote moral decay. My Dad told me that he saw a big change in his lifetime when people lost their decency. In the 1960s with the onset of the hippy generation people lived more carelessly than ever morally. During that time many couples started living together without marriage. Situational ethics became a big thing. If it felt right do it, but usually it was wrong. Our western culture with this sexual aspect is definately not healthy, has never been, and never will be. It is wrong. The results are many and varied all the way from physical to psychological illnesses. It is definately more heathly to live as some of you suggest above, where people do not have sex until they are married, and then where they make an effort to stay married, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickenss and in health, until death do we part. :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Edwin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Fighting in relationships: May the best man win! Do you think this is as funny as I think it is? I hope so, and I am not serious!
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 am

Edwin wrote:Fighting in relationships: May the best man win! Do you think this is as funny as I think it is? I hope so, and I am not serious!

how to sustain relationship when there is problem going on?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby fenmoor » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 am

well I have had relationships where there was pretty much no fighting. The problem with that is, neither one of us cared enough to fight about things.

I hope that I fight with my partner some. Not a lot or extremely heated, but enough to know that there is some passion there.

Bill
fenmoor

Postby Edwin » Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 am

I have heard that the best part of fighting in a relationship is the kissing and making up! I guess the more serious the fighting the better the kissing and making up! Actually I am not a fighter! I am a lover! I don't like fighting, but it happens. It is best to be ready and willing to make up and say I am sorry, or I was wrong, and I will try to do better. Depending on the people I think the fights are bound to happen, but I would rather have peace myself. People are going to disagree, but it is nice if they can do it agreeably. My parents after they were saved and became Christians, they figured that part of their Christian walk was being delivered from fighting with each other. It is very nice when there is peace in the home. Never let the sun go down on your wrath! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed May 30, 2012 2:48 am

I agree with sir edwin. Personally, i find it balance when there is fighting in relationshionship. I find it boring without it. Call it crazy but little fighting or extreme spice up relationship. Life is not perfect eventually you will encounter some stressful situations...oh gosh...it aint easy sometimes. Single people may not understand it but when you get into married life then you will understand everything. No matter how compatible couple are but no two persons are alike.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 pm

I think I would be destined, or doomed for some fighting! Things were pretty much without fighting in the home that I grew up in. My Mom and Dad got into one huge fight after I had gone away to Bible College, and I was not there, but I was told about it. My Dad had a ton and a half truck with stock/horse racks on it. He had it full of horses, and he thought it would be fun for his 5 year old grandson to ride straddle on top those racks, with those horses in the truck. Well, my Mom got mad, because she was afraid he was going to kill his grandson. They would not speak to each other for days over that one. I saw some flairing of tempers when my Mom couldn't find papers to a car battery that they needed the warranty for. Mom kept a very neat clean house, and she threw away anything she didn't think she needed to keep, and I think he thought she had thrown the warranty papers away! Other than that there was not fighting in our home. In our home, Carol, I, and the kids, I had to fight to survive, because Carol is a fighter, and you have to defend yourself or get run over. She came by it naturally as there was lots of serious fighting in the house that she grew up in. I am also the type of person that will not back down if I think I am right, unless it would kill me or something like that. So, Carol, has to agree, or there will be a fight! There have been lots of fights! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum