Site Admin

Re: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Postby red » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:08 am

Happy Valentines!
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 am

For me everyday is a valentines day..so, let us share our love to all the people around us every single day of our life :) :) :)
chaychay644

Postby red » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 am

chaychay644 wrote:For me everyday is a valentines day..so, let us share our love to all the people around us every single day of our life :) :) :)

Yes, we should show love everyday. But for me, valentines is a day to celebrate about love with special someone. It's so "kilig" to be surprised for a gift or be taken to a special place for dinner. Hmmm :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby ms.janiszewski » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:33 am

jadegil6 wrote:Wishing all of you a very Happy Valentine's Day. :D :D :D :D :D

happy valentines too
ms.janiszewski

Postby m&m » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 am

Happy pre-Valentine
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

hello u2

Postby trurryAdent » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 pm

For me everyday is a valentines day..so, let us share our love to all the people around us every single day of our life

HI, I am new here too.
trurryAdent

Postby edeline » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:24 am

Happy Valentines to all specially to those people who are together. Happy Valentines to those people who are far away but the love is always there..
edeline

Postby Andrewm » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello to all!

Count me as one who is new here too. Hi, my name is Andrew.

So I'll add to the greetings and well-wishes here by wishing all (especially the ladies here) a very Happy Valentines Day!

But, tell me please, is Valentines much of big deal there in the Philippines? Is the man, whether husband or boyfriend, expected to make sure to favor her with nice things on Valentines Day? Or is it less a custom to do this than in Europe, Canada, and the USA?

Here a man is expected to do things like arranging for a big bouquet of flowers (delivered to her place of work so that all her friends can 'coo-coo' and giggle over this), a nice pink/red-colored & decorated card with well-written things from the heart, and, of course, nice sweets like delicious chocolates. All that is pretty much expected. Typically any man not doing these things is truly in the dog house.

Bonus: If the man wants to go all-out, he makes sure to do all of the above but he also arranges for a dinner for two out either on Valentines Day or a day close to it. Maybe this year the man would make a "date" with her for Sunday evening as the restaurants are booked solid on this Monday night. (Sunday night better, quieter, more romantic perhaps)

How are the Valentines customs in the Philippines? I am curious to know. Thank you. Andrew
Last edited by Andrewm on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrewm

Postby Edwin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Happy Valentines Day to all! :D :D :D :D

When growing up Valentines Day was a day that all the school kids in a class at school exchanged Valentines Cards. We would give a card to everyone, and we would get a card in return. We would usually have a party at school also, drinking coolaide, eating candy, and cookies. It was also a time for puppy love. We would dream about how we loved the little girl, or for the girls the little boy. Valentines Day has lots of fun memories. Then when we got older the churches would have Valentine Banquets, and we would go sit at long tables in the church basement usually and eat delicious meals sitting beside a young lady for the guys, or by the young man for the young ladies. Sometimes at those banquets there was some form of entertainment also, and that was fun too. Lots of fond memories! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum